Trinity Village Care Centre

Trinity Village Care Centre Employee Reviews

A good and productive place to work. It is fulfilling to work with residents. Management is welcoming and supportive of student interns. I would recommend it as a Social Work internship.
HR department is allowed maximum clearance to run the home and feel everyone should report to them even though the head of HR is never there, which goes to show that the ultimate in double standard is allowed, HR team believes they should be consulted for everything and that they can treat staff any way they want to. COO refuses to accept that the bulk of resignations are directly because of the bullying and mistreatment of the head of HR. Employee moral and staff culture have plummeted and unrealistic work assignments that set you up for failure are the norm. You have to stay long after your shift ends to make sure that you get this insane workload done or you’ll be called in for discipline. COO chooses to ignore the dozens and dozens of complaints and direct resignations by staff because of the HR departments skewed view that they are invincible and above the rules COO would gain tremendous respect by firing the HR manager and taking time to sit with staff and create some sort of partnership moving forward All in all they have lost amazing workers and even managers because of one person
Pros
Strong sense of community
Cons
Workload, discipline process, being bullied by HR department, poor morale
Worked there for a few years. Things were ok at the start. I was the beginning of a culture change. Since my hire things have declined extremely. Very poor management. Use the union as an excuse for anything possible to happen there.. C.O.O. is very deceiving character. Zero respect for her staff. Only worried about stats. They are good at hiding all the issues within. C.O.O. presents to a board commute where she has the wool pulled over their eyes sadly. She is horrible leader and truly not respected within the facility.
I'm a former employee I did enjoy a certain part of my employment there but. It's not a good for the employees. The care for the residents is out standing the psw do wonderful work I would recommend this place
Pros
Lots of hours if you want it
Cons
Always working short and Managment don't care
Medication pours are very heavy. No time to take breaks on some units. most staffs are nice inexperienced management who pile on a lot of work on house managers
In this position, I spent quality time doing art with seniors residents who have dementia to promote the destigmatization of mental illness through a program called ‘Opening Minds Through Art’. The staff were all very kind and helpful.
Great work atmosphere. I.P members always demonstrate dignity and respect while working together and working with residents. Effective communication amongst I.P members.
Its ok, Typical LTC Home. As long as you do your job you'll have a good day. The residents are the best part. The hardest part is being short all the time.
I highly enjoyed my time at Trinity Village. Nursing home is a fast paced often short staffed environment. One has to really enjoy working with the elderly and want the best care for them!
Pros
Caring for the elderlys dialy needs
Cons
short staffed, non air condidtioned enviroment
Would still be working there is it wasn't for a illness of a family member that made for me to have to give up my position. I would love to find myself back in a position there now that I have completed another course through school.
Pros
amazing management, caring environment
I've been here for a little while, and it's fantastic! The staff are very friendly, and the residents are lovely. The company is "with the times", and management makes you feel heard.
highland retirement home is the most amazing and well taken care of retirement home I have seen in Kitchener. it is very capassionate to family and the family members that live there.
Typical involved helping elderly in wheelchairs and walkers get to church and back. I handed out water for communion and put water cups in the garbage. I liked this job
Truly a great place. To live; from what I've been told, and also a great place to work; love being a PSW there. Lots of events for staff and residents; so everyone is together and involved. Always looking to grow.
All done to satisfy their clients, their families and us, their employees. Union was actively involved and very helpful. Management was attentive and considerate.
Great place to work,everyone is so polite and nice always ready to help.Great management and co-workers as well as job culture.Proud to be part of this team.
Pros
job culture
Cons
I found that working on the floor with such good people and residents made the day go by faster. Unfortunately we where only there for 3 years at Cambridge Memorial as part of a trail Trinity Village was trying. I truly enjoyed the experience
Pros
same hours
Cons
far drive
A typical day at work used to be quite intense physically and mentally. Our residents had to be helped right away upon their call bell. Their meals had to be served at strict times. The equipment (lifts) had to be monitored for safe functioning. I learned to organize my tasks during my shift. I learned better time management. My co-workers were always nice, polite, friendly and ready to help. The hardest part of my job was turning and washing heavy residents. Mentally it was always painful to see these old and ill people being upset or sick. However it was enjoyable to see their smiles and to smile back, to say some kind words to my residents and to provide some comfort to them.
The most important thing that being at Trinity has given me, is the opportunity to turn theory into practice. A typical day involves resident care, food production, order inventory, gathering data and order entry. Critical thinking skills are a must in this environment. Everyone there works as a team player, I really have enjoyed being part of this team.
Prioritized my work assignments according to deadlines and reprioritized with changing deadlines and priorities Work assignments varied including data entry, training materials, policy and procedure manuals; resident, human resource, dietary, finance and accounting records; organizing minutes for different teams and departments, proofreading and filing. Reception relief as needed. Answered phone, two way radio, paged personnel, logged sick calls and scheduling shift replacement, arranged travel for residents and family by taxi, OHIP records, keys log, visitor logs, booked tour requests, food vouchers, courier pick ups, housekeeping pickups, petty cash, collected money for various items for sale, kept track of meeting attendance records, sorted mail for residents and staff, watched for resident wanderers, opened front security door electronically for anyone in need including the funeral director and ambulance and any special requests by residents or family members.
Pros
Recognized for good work and occasional free meals.
Cons
Temporary assignment. I wish I could have stayed and learned more.
I really enjoyed working as a Personal Support Worker on the floor and also as a bath nurse. Once I start my shift I barely stop except for break time. I learned and improved my time management skills and the importance and practice of working as a team. I worked with a great team of people and had some wonderful clients that I loved to chat with and put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Good pay and a great team of people to work with
Cons
Can be very strenuous. No benefits unless you have a full time line, and not enough hours. Work can really become sporadic.