Trinidad Drilling Employee Reviews

Very Good Compnay & Good People
Regional QHSE Manager MENA (Current Employee) –  Ash Sharqīyah15 April 2018
I'm enjoying the work with TDG . TDG has good people and very nice working culture and the equipment's are very modern and high technology.
TDI has gave an very good opportunity to wok with them in MENA region .
Mud Engineer and Driller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2018
The most enjoyable part of working here was dealing with employees with no experience the had motivation to learn as you were teaching them the proper procedures for tasks at hand and to come.
some guys are good to work with some guys are not
Motorhand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 September 2017
Diesel Engine
Oil & GasOilfield
Quick Money
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 July 2017
Great way to make quick money but does not allow you to have much of a life. down time is very inconvenient. work is steady but your income and work depends on the current oil prices. if oil prices are low you do not work. if oil prices are high you work non stop
Pros
money
I liked working for Trinidad
Skilled floor hand on riggs (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 May 2017
I feel that Trinidad Drilling was a good company to work for. I did not enjoy working out of town, thus the reason I ended up leaving this company. I did get lots of work and the pay was fine.
Pros
Good management
Cons
out of town work
great work, stay in shape great guys to work with
Floor & Motor Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 February 2017
it was fun co-workers are great and so much to learn. the hardest part is being away from family. Ive learnt so much about oil drilling
hard work for good pay, always learning
driller/ derrickhand (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 December 2016
constantly learning and working with new tasks. worked in all aspects of maintenance and operation of equipment. rewarded for hard work. learn the importance of safety first and working efficiently
Pros
oppurtunity for advancement
Cons
work away from home
Good people to work with.
Lead Field HSE Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 July 2016
- Travel all over AB, SK, MB, and BC.
- Completed incident investigation as needed.
- Competed inspection on drilling rigs and sites.
- Planned daily activities for works.
Pros
Paid very well.
Cons
Worked away from home for extended periods of time.
Excellent Company
DRILLER / TOOLPUSH (Former Employee) –  ALBERTA14 May 2016
I would refer this company to any one. They are great to work for. They are based out of Nisku , Alberta but work can be anywhere throughout Alberta.
Great crew to work with.
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC22 March 2016
A typical days work starts with the drive to the rig. You change into your work gear and then you have your change over meeting. After that you take over where your cross shift partner left off. Your usually keeping the rig clean and attending to things that are needing attention. There are days that you trip pipe and days that you don't. the days that you don't, your usually cleaning and fixing things. The days you are tripping, you are pretty busy, wet and dirty.
Pros
Great Crew and great attitudes.
Cons
Driving back to camp after tripping pipe.
A great company to work for that definately promoted from within. No job was out of reach.
Safety and Apprentice Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 March 2016
I was extremely busy at Trinidad, however the days would fly by. I had many different tasks to complete (some weekly/monthly deadlines) so it was a matter of what I decided to do that day. My tasks might have been repetitive however the amount of tasks I juggled made each day different, which was nice. Always challenging for sure.

I dealt with a large amount of employees so a variety of personalities were always a given. This made this both the hardest and most enjoyable parts of my day.
Pros
Allowed for personal growth
Cons
Dependant on world politics
Better options out there
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB24 February 2016
The office end of the company seemed to be run poorly. They did have good equipment and were building lots of new rigs at the time. The drilling industry is very sporadic.
Very good place to work at
Relief Rig Manager (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 February 2016
My days were very long I was on call 24 hours a day A typical days work would getting up at 4:45 A.M. have a coffee make out my report from the day before on the computer send it to my boss than I would talk to him then I would go out to the rig floor and have a safety meeting with both crews (crew change) than discuss work to be done then walk around rig and check things out make sure every thing is going good then we would have another safety meeting @ 6:30 P.M. with both crews one crew change you learn something every day Worked with very good people and management The hardest part of my job was leaving the rig to go on days of I loved my job and working with people always met new people
Pros
Good Crews
Great drilling company
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 November 2015
I've worked for Trinidad as a rig hand as well as a third party contractor, and they are well organized, fair and a pleasure to do business with. Their administrative team are helpful and responsive. Overall great company.
very good company
floorhand (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC3 November 2015
very good company to work for ! Great atmosphere , great fly in out career . good management. i learnt great teamwork skills as well as time managment and self motivation skills
Learned about bottom hole preassures an fluid mud returnes
Lease Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2015
Was good learning a lot of stuff, Learned about different tools to work with, and lots of assembling and taking stuff apart, maintaining equipment so things will stay running properly, lots of cleaning so use to making environment a nice work place.
Productive and good working environment
Derrick Hand (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 September 2015
Typical day consisted of 12 hr shifts days/nights. Show up well rested and ready for anything because anything can happen in the oilfield. No set lunch/coffee breaks, eat on the go or have a break when there were periods of down time, which was usually more then enough time. Learned respect, responsibility, discipline, hard work and to take pride in every part of the job. The majority of people out there are pretty reasonable to work with, obviously there are some difficult people. no human beings are the exact same. Hardest part of the job, working summer days in the heat, and coldest days in the winter but it is easy to be prepared for any situation. Most enjoyable part of the day was the end of the day :)
Pros
We arent just a #
Cons
when people constantly quit and cant keep any steady hands
good place to work
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 June 2015
long hours, learned lots from management, had pretty good people to work with, weather conditions sometimes hot and cold
Pros
work
Cons
being away from home
Great coworkers
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2015
Trinidad is a great company because they value company morale and they make sure that everyone has plenty of opportunity to get to know one another.
toxic work environment
labor (Former Employee) –  edmonton1 April 2015
Some great people and some not to qualified for the current position that they are in. everyone not wanting someone to know more than them, for fear of job loss.
Cons
management not approachabl, Grunts and head nods don't go to far, need some more personable management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinidad Drilling. Our community is ready to answer.