Trimac Transportation
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Trimac Transportation Pay & benefits reviews

Canada162 reviews
Was a good place to work. Experience was good and work was steady when economy slowed. Management was flexible with hours if there were personal issues. Overall good place to be.
The guys you work with are a good bunch and the work is not very mentally taxing just more labor intensive. Management is all about blaming anyone else they can for any mistakes in the shop or even for any that happens in the building. Not bad place all around just dont expect
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Toxic management
Compagnie axé sut la sécurité au travail ,l ambiance est bonne et pe salaire est compétitif.
They will micro manage you to always try and find fault with your work. Partly because some managers and safety personnel are on a power trip but also to find reasons to take away your safety bonus.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work. It’s either feast or famine.
Official response from Trimac Transportation
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do.

We want to apologize for the poor experience you had at our Mississauga/Toronto location and have taken the appropriate steps to investigate this situation further.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Trimac
I enjoyed the job, hours are kind of whacky, pay is low considering you need to be trained and qualified, not anyone can just walk in and do the job. Management at the branch was ok, higher up the food chain they say what you want to hear but dont follow through. always had excuses why we couldnt get raises.Was told it was a family oriented business....far from it. High turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guys you work with and the customers were pretty good. Would be a great place to work if you were paid what you deserved, better benefits and more consistent start and finish times
Management is all talk and no action , they safety comes first when reality is they say that to cover their *** the all mighty $ is the bottom line with no concern for employees that’s why there is such a high turn over in employees....salary is well below industry standards
After restructuring in (around 2015), company has a high turn over rate. Employees are not valued. There is no room for growth. There is a lot of micromanagement. Work/Life balance is not a priority for the company. Training is no longer encouraged. Overall atmosphere is stressful as job security is rather low.
No raises since 2015, which is explained as "economic conditions" by higher management.

Pros: Trimac focuses on safety. Company holds team building events. There are people who you can as for help.
It's ok for getting the experience, but the pay is too low, most of the drivers don't care to look after equipment, and the management isn't all that concerned about much.
Pros
sometimes free food
Cons
long hours, middle pay, hot and cold work flow
Big opportunity to learn Lots of thing at work. Every day is a new day. Whole Langley team is really good to work with, management is awesome pretty east to work with too.
Pros
Free lunch free stuff like lunch bags and etc.
Cons
Some of the trailers are very old and hard to work with.
moving forward
advancement

local

large tanker

metrics driven

connected with lots of access t information

safety driven company

pension and benefits
succession planning
Pros
people
Cons
Depending on the branch that you work for the pay could either be average or very good. The pension plan is amazing and the health plan is pretty good as well. There are a lot of different opportunities and cool runs that an individual can do so long as they are willing to go where the work is.
Pros
Lots of opportunities, fair wages, good pension plan
Cons
Lack of communication at times.
Excellent company to work for. They are forward thinking and always try to make things better. The calgary office has flexible schedules, an on site gym and fantastic people to work with. They will train you and promote from within when they can. I'm so glad I found trimac and am not looking to leave anytime soon.
Pros
Great people, compensation and culture
Cons
High work load but you are rewarded for it
I worked there last year , it was one of the worst companies i ever worked at . I worked at trimac as a lease operator and their rates were really really low . I used to make more money as a driver. They promise good rates but never deliver . Work is only 5 months out of a year. Mechanics are rip off , they dont know what they are doing. I strongly suggest that you get in touch with a lease operator from that branch before getting hired .
Pros
Camp job
Cons
Absolutely no money
Overall the company is good, but salary and benefits are not great. Some departments need more experienced leaders - low lever management people skill set is lacking and immature, and there is very unstructured training. Praise is given to those who have the gift of the gab, talking with no action has more value than tangible skills and results. If you can tolerate being a mindless drone, cubicle dweller and can talk a huge political fancy game, you will fit right in. If you have skills, you are active, asking to many work related questions and can give results, you will sink.
Pros
Free lunches on Fridays - potluck, great co-workers
Cons
Contract job - no benefits, unstructured training
Productive and fun workplace with extra perks such as ticket to hockey games and potluck lunch once a month, learnt how to enter expense reports mangement was good
This was a excellent company a few years ago. After the new management team started things went down hill fast . As soon as they get some work they hire to many drivers and then nobody makes enough money . Even though dispatch and management promise you make money but then you don't get enough work. So of course they have a high turnover of drivers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low wages . Not enough work
Trimac is a tough company to work for unless you are able to give more than you are willing to get out. Job compensation is on the low-end, with job security being relatively non-existent in the past few years.
Pros
Family run
Cons
Long hours, small support teams, low pay, low job security
Its been wonderful to be a part of this company. unfortunately i have to move to another province for my personal reasons.Work Culture is pretty good here and you are in charge of what you are doing and feel appreciated. it was awesome experience to work with a talented team. it is easy job if you will do with proper procedures and safety.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Proper training. safety is always first priority in every aspect.
Cons
There aren't any I can think of !
Don't waste your time. Big company worth basic wages, no career advancement and uneducated management. They will try to over work you worth flat rate jobs.
Was there approx 15 yrs. Loved it. Considering going back. Great people and dispatch tries to be fair as possible. Made good money there. As in any job theres ups and downs but Trimac was always there to help
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours and too much wknd work
I've worked at Trimac for 15 months. Such a great place to work.. they took time to train me no questions asked.. work is plentiful and I honestly think for me being a company man $80k a year is beautiful home every night. Pension is 2nd to none.. benefits are amazing. My Boss is easy going And if I have a problem he makes it right.. I hope to retire here.
Pros
Good pay/Benefits/Pension
Cons
Older equipment..