Trimac Transportation
Coronavirus update

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews for Owner Operator Driver

Owner Operator Driver15 reviews
Canada15 reviews
Same work as anyother fuel delivery company, Opportunity to learn a lot about the safe driving . Good rates in the business. they are extra cautious in the winter which is understandable.
Poor management work u 6 days 1 day off u constantly have to watch your pay, constantly shortchanged on your pay.Fired for slightest incident despite management inability to have proper equipment available .If you’re looking for long term employment this is one place to avoid like the plague.
Pros
Money decent
Cons
Longevity dismal. Very short term opportunity
Too much stress. Always feel under pressure. Always fear of loosing job. Once your driver get well trained they start offering him or her owner operator job or company driver job. You can't grow your business.
This company is hiring owner operators every month as you can see job posting online but there is no work even for the current owner operator.This company will use you to make money in peak season and rest of the year owner operator has to pay insurance plates and truck installments from own pocket .They are not empathic about owner operators just worried about own interest.They will just say simple sorry for no work.
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Part time work, Dispatch can only organize 1 load per truck per day for local work in and around the okanagan. Company takes advantage of owner ops using them on loads that arn't profitable and hard on equipment. Company also break union rules knowing that driver wont report.
Pros
Non
Cons
No work, bad management, bad dispatching
Don't do it unless you want to go bankrupt. Terribly run company. One hand doesnt talk to the other. Management has no time to talk with you. Pay issues go unresolved for weeks on end. Management can't be bothered to show any concern. As an owner op i sat for a month before i finally got any work after hiring on. Terrible experience
I worked for branch 17 Calgary as company driver and owner operator. It was good company at the time I start with them but slowly it’s going to worst stage . Management Dnt listen to drivers always hire over truck and drivers to let old drivers more sit home , lack of work its culture of the company. They Dnt understand people are working on ground level for them . I would say very bad experience.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
As an owner/operator on the Anhydrous division I had no complaints. I loved working with Trimac and would still be there if I hadn't moved to Newfoundland. They are excellent with their maintenance protocol and will help you with costs of parts if they can. I sometimes had problems downloading payroll info but I think they have fixed all that.
couldn't ask for better work environment
it was great

pay was great, co workers were great

it is a company that you love to work for and they treat everyone well
horrible dispatch, management even worse. they will happily lie to o/o to get them to sign on truck. they will bankrupt you. stay away. they just do not care about drivers or customers. This company is all about manager protecting manager
working for Trimac was a good job. Gave me the opportunity from moving from driver to owner operator. Experience driving B Trains. I also learnt as an owner operator the truck repairs and maintenance are expensive and extensive.
Never again would I apply as a o/o at Trimac. Not much money to be made.
Calgary management is enjoying their year end bonuses I'm sure. Meanwhile drivers & o/o scrape to get by.
Pros
Lots of miles, good dispatch
Cons
Horrible mileage rates, $1200 - $1800 / year to park in their SP yard, Depends if you want power or not, Plates & Registration are high costs, They have no problem taking your last dollar.
Worked there for just under 3 months. Lots of promises and little done. Lots of lies. Moved to be closer to the yard just to get the boot for no reason. Taking them to court
Cons
mechanical fitness problems, had to fight to get things dome, bad management
Good but expensive Benefits.
Unreliable hours ( cement branch ) - Some weeks you can be pushing 50 hours easily and other weeks you'd be lucky to get 20
Pros
They can get you work anywhere in Canada with branch transfers.
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Would like to work closier to home not enjoy having my truck. Am a very hard working people and get along with other . Will work day, after and midnight whatever I need to do.
Pros
like working with people
Cons
will work long hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7