Trimac Transportation
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews in Sherwood Park, AB

Sherwood Park, AB18 reviews
Same work as anyother fuel delivery company, Opportunity to learn a lot about the safe driving . Good rates in the business. they are extra cautious in the winter which is understandable.
This company is poorly managed, completly racists and basically if I tell you to jumb? You jumb Forget about safety.
You'll be forced to do 2 days work in 13 hours every day of every week pick up in fortmcmurray and drop off in Edmonton 5 days a week, it takes 2 hours to load and an hour to unload. Fueling, traffic, and everything else?
Official response from Trimac Transportation
26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to exceed employer expectations.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, our Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Trimac
Not bad company overall, still room for improvement, I wish management listens to drivers more and not treat them as second class, this company will make you rich but will pay bill comfortably,
Poor management work u 6 days 1 day off u constantly have to watch your pay, constantly shortchanged on your pay.Fired for slightest incident despite management inability to have proper equipment available .If you’re looking for long term employment this is one place to avoid like the plague.
Pros
Money decent
Cons
Longevity dismal. Very short term opportunity
A company that claims to be there for you. However they do not care. Poor mentorship, the two people they had as mentors. One talked on the phone all the time and the second is rude and poor communication skills. As someone who was excited to start driving and building a career. I was left discouraged each day and told it’s not for me and to pick another career. I brought this up with my supervisor. He said make it work oand if you can’t well sorry that’s all we got. They do not care !! End of rant
Inhuman treatment, Poorly managed and racist. I have given them by far my atmost best but they could care less who you are or what you're doing. It's just go time, and fingers crossed. 16 hours work day has to be 13 hours, get it done or take a hike. Mercy.....Run!
No one is responsible here. Everyone came to office to make there paystub bigger and trying to cut drivers pay. Management is one sided and inexperienced
if anybody want to file bankruptcy buy new truck and hire with Trimac as a lease operator,dispatch dont have manners how to talk Driver,last year dispatch was good,but now worse ,dispatch and dry bulk manger treat u as a slave,no safety,just cover load,they dont care about road condition in winter,i feel very bad about new worker who buy new truck,i dont know how they manage,i was making $11000 to 12000 monthly as a lease operator,manager always push to play with logbook and make load which one not possible in 14 hours but people doing that
I found the job to be very enjoyable the company was the best place i have ever worked. I felt that the job offered allot of variety if i had the opportunity to work for them again i would jump at the chance.
Pros
98% of the Staff I worked with were some of the best people
Cons
2% of the Staff were your typical complainers about there jobs
horrible dispatch, management even worse. they will happily lie to o/o to get them to sign on truck. they will bankrupt you. stay away. they just do not care about drivers or customers. This company is all about manager protecting manager
This was a excellent company a few years ago. After the new management team started things went down hill fast . As soon as they get some work they hire to many drivers and then nobody makes enough money . Even though dispatch and management promise you make money but then you don't get enough work. So of course they have a high turnover of drivers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low wages . Not enough work
Horriable pay they took all our overtime away got to get 60 hours a week before overtime is payed.
So expect to make 1,700-1,900 just enought to pay rent/mortage and grocery's and for get about your other payment's. Expect to work 13-15 hours a day.

Dispatch is easy going
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Pay
Never again would I apply as a o/o at Trimac. Not much money to be made.
Calgary management is enjoying their year end bonuses I'm sure. Meanwhile drivers & o/o scrape to get by.
Pros
Lots of miles, good dispatch
Cons
Horrible mileage rates, $1200 - $1800 / year to park in their SP yard, Depends if you want power or not, Plates & Registration are high costs, They have no problem taking your last dollar.
Low moral due to dictatorial leadership. Company stock decline tells the story. Driver and dispatch team were great to work with however.
I worked for the fuel division that place is a complete gong show, the manager is the biggest dummy in that office I dont think that man knows his left hand from his right. So disorganized, half the equipment should be taken off the road. Its a free for all there you cant come to work and enjoy your day because people steal your hoses off your trailers and you need to spend half your morning hunting down gear. But again if you dont want to go to jail because you want to drag that manager outside and sweap the parking lot with him id advice against the place. Most people quit because of him Trimac would smell the roses and fire him.
Pros
Nome
Cons
No room for advancement even though you are told there is. No support from Management even though you are told "We work as a team"
excellent co-workers
poor equipment

excellent support system from co-workers

extremely long hours

lacking communication on directives

Pros
bagel Wednesdays
Cons
extremelyy long hours, with no overtime
The day starts and you have to look no further then management as the problems start from the top and work their way down, management should never be in a compitition and that is going on,they train you one way at TLC but at the terminal they do the oppisite. The new trucks are garbage in every facet and till they let me go i believe 5 drivers went down with back issues and they dont care.When i first started there was huge mural everybody was great but then they brought in new management and changed things and it went down hill quick,you try just to do your work but it is hard when your lied to right after you arrive at work and then have to deal with things you need to do the job gone from your trailers so it is demorilizing and the moral goes down.I thought the world Of Trimac when i started then came tLC and i even thought that much more of the company but what a huge dissappointment. I will not make excuses for the mistakes i made leading up to my dismissal but I would never recommend them to anybody either. It was a huge let down in my life as a truck driver.
Cons
everything you can think of.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7