Trimac Transportation
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB14 reviews
Was a good place to work. Experience was good and work was steady when economy slowed. Management was flexible with hours if there were personal issues. Overall good place to be.
They promote safety in the orientation. Work the legal hours of operations. But when a driver gets out on the road that goes all out the window, so to speak. It is go, go, go. Who cares about the long book and hours. Get the load there. They need to plan and communicate better with the drivers. Very stressful place to work.
Official response from Trimac Transportation
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Safety is our core value and our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every day and we want to apologize for not meeting your employment expectations at our Edmonton location.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Trimac
Too much stress. Always feel under pressure. Always fear of loosing job. Once your driver get well trained they start offering him or her owner operator job or company driver job. You can't grow your business.
This company is hiring owner operators every month as you can see job posting online but there is no work even for the current owner operator.This company will use you to make money in peak season and rest of the year owner operator has to pay insurance plates and truck installments from own pocket .They are not empathic about owner operators just worried about own interest.They will just say simple sorry for no work.
Great place to work when I was there 30 years ago Good equipment Friendly and approachable management and office staff Shop staff was great to and a good bunch of drivers
Pros
People and equipment
Cons
None really
Transport bulk chemical (Acid, Aqua Ammonia, Methanol, Alum with Western Canada.
Enjoy training new driver and being their to assist drivers as the needs arises.
Pros
Enjoy training new drivers
Cons
Driving to places and having to wait for being load
As owner operator I did not have much to do with management other than the dispatch department.
Kept owner operators busy all across Prairie Provinces.
I was the shop foreman at Trimac. I worked as the night shift foreman there. The people were good to work for and overall was a good place to work. I learned a lot while I was there.
great group of guys to work with, fleet maintenance work, some what of a high turnover rate, very well maintained safety procedures and policies, a great safe shop
A reputable company but they are under going some major changes, all about the bottom line and losing focus on a company that was very family oriented.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Multiple management changes
I was content with my position minus the management.
Tonnes of gossip & drama

Dispatchers were the best

Was Very unfairly treated by management
Pros
Flexible work schedules
hard place to adapt to

little downtime

decent equipment

lots of overtime
stressful at times. But the people you work with make it all worth while
Pros
excellent environment
12-14 hours a day learned how to operate pneumatic equipment
Pros
fleable hours
Cons
sleeping in a bunk
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7