Trimac Transportation
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada195 reviews

driverdispatchoperatorsafetytruckbranchequipmentshop

The work is ok. The management is terrible

Terrible work culture and local management is just there to rubber stamp whatever policy or process head office decides to implement. No maintenance of equipment, thus downtime or struggling to use sub standard machines is common. Training is a joke, if you have a heartbeat, they will sign you off to work on yard equipment, and their ‘safety commitments’ are only there when they want to discipline you. I can’t say this loudly enough: DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

Pros

There aren’t any, except maybe decent wages

Cons

Literally everything. Terrible local management, even worse area management, lack of maintenance, the list goes on.

Environnement décousue

Management sans expérience Immense manque de formationAucun respect pour les engagements envers les employés Aucun respect des salaires ( engage de nouveaux employés avec de bien mielleur salaire et conditions de travail) Vous trimbales dun poste a lautre sans raison et sans suivi

Insights into Trimac Transportation

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Unethical Leadership, No Advancement Opportunity

Branch manager comes and goes and delegates duties. Unprofessional leadership doesn’t follow employment standards, human rights or training guidelines. Lots of vacancies, resulting in shop hours decreasing with less accessibility to drivers and customers needing evening and weekend service. Some great coworkers in the shop and wash. Regional and Branch Manager show favouritism to family members and are not held accountable for not following association contract and their treatment of employees.Position gaps and vacancies will remain if employees don’t feel valued.

Completely disrespectful dispatch

Management respect employees greater than most I've ever worked for. Buy, the dispatch, who are at home nightly, haven't a clue what a driver goes through on the road, and expect that, as long as Google maps says it can be done, charge drivers with the same. They have no clear k owledge of what life on the road is like

I would not recommend this company.

Poorly managed company from the executive level down. I found senior management to be dishonest and lack integrity. You advanced if you were part of the cool crowd and discarded if not.

Cons

Its Good work place. I enjoy to work here.

Nice and very inclusive place to work, got assigned units, nice atmosphere to work. I love the job I am doing here. All of the employees are also nice and helpful.

Pros

Inclusive atmosphere, and very welcoming employees who are, always willing to give a helping hand, Also very organized.

Cons

10 hours shift

Big company with a small company mentality.

It seems like everything is running on auto pilot. Can't ever get anyone to answer your questions or return your calls.Not too many helpful people in management.

unprofesstion managers

managers lack full vision. hard work goes unappreciative by manager and pathetic work place to work. there is no clear communication from upper manager

Bad management

You are on the road most days of the week. Terminal management is not good. You have to work for a broker. Tracks do not have the required standard.!!

Parked all the time poor work environment and not enough equipment for current employees. Hostel environment.

Was always parked 1-2-3 days a week equipment breakdown constantly forcing drivers to not work only working 6 to 8 hours a day employees fighting over work like a pack of dogs over a food dish.. Not stable work lossing contracts all the time due to poor management.Being told they will call you later if there is work. Ongoing problemsDo not work here

Pros

Non

Cons

Not enough work to go around...

Always an open door for any issues.

No need to keep calling people for work assignments. I use to get 1 call daily with my job TMW or job number. Generally the same routes. Plenty of notice of any changes. Keep the same vehicle with another partner. Would have preferred to alternate days and nights but other than that it was a good company to work for. The training centre and training week was excellent. Hotel was paid for as I live away from the city. Excellent Christmas party. A Good Company to work for.

Good place to work but equipment issues

Trailers are not maintained adequately, always waiting for one to come out of shop.the manager had no leadership experience, and would not meet to hear concerns. I wasnt given the tools or docs I needed to do my job and had to self-train.Drivers were amazing and undervalued.

Pros

Most people helpful

Cons

Manager was promoted into position with no people or leadership skills, threw me into job with NO support. Not helpfull or supportive at all.

Run for the hills.

This is an absolute abomination of the ghost that once was. Company cares about itself only. You are nothing but a number that they feel can be replaced easily. Zero respect for an owner/operator, training is nonexistent for the commodity you will haul, management has absolutely no idea what is going on, put in their position only because they can say yes to the board. Losing work all the time and couldn’t care about it. As an owner operator that has worked here, and the previous name that it was under, I have witnessed nothing but the steady decline of this operation. If you have way too much money, sign on. They will be sure to drive you under in no time. I think their actually is a pool going in the upper offices to see who falls first with the owner ops. If I may say, there were a few great Dispatcher’s that made you forget the h**l that you were in. I just hope this company doesn’t break them like it has to so many good people who they have lost through the last few years. All in all......run.......run faster.

Lack of maintenance

Lack of maintenance on trailers, mechanics are horrible to deal with, rates are not worth it, you can make more being a company driver for someone else rather than a owner op at this company

Always waiting for paperwork to be corrected delays because people didn’t do there job

Drivers are the only people held accountable.Shop was a joke trucks never ready when scheduled.Dispatchers didn’t know the products.management where lairs very unsafe work environment

Keeps you busy

Good work with a lot to learn, but lacks in career advancements. Management has been streamlined and makes it very hard for growth. They need to invest more in employee training and development.

Solid company to drive for

Solid company. Good benefits and pension plan. Not much opportunity for career advancement. Equipment and maintenance is about average but the overall quality is quite good.

Pros

Fair Pay

Cons

On the road a lot

Job itself is good

Job itself is good. Good pay for what you do. 12 hour shifts make for a good pay. Time off when you need it usually. Not good follow up when issues arise.

Stay clear.

What a joke of a company. I was hired to replace a driver who let a fuel truck roll across the yard. Horrible safety record. Horrible wages. Zero support from management.

Pros

None.

Cons

Dispatching.

Negative depressing job experience

Never ending supervisors, negative negative work experience.Had to work days then nites ending up going for sleep therapy's.They didn't care couldnt about any thing.

Pros

Bosses have 2 legs

Cons

Bosses have 2 legs

Demanding with ridiculous expectations

Mangers at this company care very little for their employees well being. Opportunity for advanced but only if you can work 24/7 as a manager. I would not recommend working here at all if you are a single parent. Money is decent, not much for pay increases, and benefits are good. Building is fancy. Overall, I would never accept the job if I could go back and do it again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement