Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Work shortage

They lost their major contract and there is not enough work to go around so we are only working part time in wood chips. Pay is not that great even when full time.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Micro management

Toxic Leadership Toxic Workplace

Run far away from this toxic workplace! The culture has eroded over the years to the point where it's unrecognizable from the previous family valued company.

Pros

Cons

Horrible work-life balance, bad management, micro-managing leaders, toxic!

I would not recommend TRIMAC to my Enemy

I would give Trimac a zero if I couldvery poor upper management unskilled no interest in the job or staff.Poor morale , company run by some girls that only talk about make up.Very high turnover of staff.So many contracts lost.

Pros

Non

Cons

SO Many

The best company to work for

I and a trainer, and love my job! Still working there. I am planing on retiring at Trimac. Such great people. Great pay, I have a sense of belonging and I am heard.

Pros

Flex hours, at home work available great pay.

Cons

None.

Poorly run company

Was a decent company to work for before upper management decided to cut costs everywhere and make everyones job that much harder. As long as the share holders poclkets are getting filled thats all that matters. Went to a central dispatch sysytem which is a joke, nice group but no team work or commiunication whats so ever, after hours dispatch is another joke, if you actually get a hold of them most of the time they are unable to make any kind of decision so that leaves a driver sitting and waiting. The maintenace on equipment is a joke, not enough mechanics for one, shop hours are a joke, and dont keep much inventory on parts so down time is higher than it should be, all this is due to cost cuts. The pay is not very good considering our cost of living keeps going up, got to fight for raises. Benefits are exspensive. Pension is a bonus, No safety bonus or incentive program anymore, just an allstar program where you get entered into a draw if your driving score is 90-100. Nothing really to make you feel appreciated. Mostly a good group of guys.

Pros

Pension, newer trucks, co-workers

Cons

Hours of work, low pay, central dispatching, cost of benefits, maintenance on eqipment (no fault to mechanics), upper management

Not a fun place

was not impressed. was not happy working there. some staff good people , helpful with advice . schedules not keep by some. drivers walk away from broken equipment

Pros

could not think of any

Cons

to many to mention

They don’t treat their employees properly

The Winnipeg branch is the worst branch of them all. Management is a joke and they only take care of the employees that coast along. If you work hard or care about your work, don’t apply at trimac. There is also a lot of talk of them caring for your safety but they don’t actual. The shop foreman is barely ever there and he will not tell you the honest answer about anything.

Pros

Some employees are fun to work with

Cons

Not honest, pay is garbage, they only benefit the lazy workers

Poor management

Was a good company before upper management deconstructed the company and took on a more with less attitude. Overwork everyone ( including local manager) until they don’t care attitude. Manager when there was only there to chastise your work , no praises for good work unless it came from the customer. No overtime but they starve you all week so you have to work the weekend to get any hours. They have safety hide in the bushes to compile a list of minor infractions of their many rules, so they can dismiss you at anytime they need too. They have a do more with less stance which filters into poorly/ slowly repaired equipment.

Cons

Poor management, no incentives

Typical big company

Average pay for giving up personal life. They say how much they spend on new hires($10000, number has been the same industry wide for 20 years) saying it's a lot, it is. Unaware or ignorant of the fact owner operators are betting a lot more than that financially and emotionally on it being a place worth going to. Not horrible if you've been doing long haul and want a couple days home a week. Not great if you expect to be home every day.

Great company to work for.

The chief Executive Officer is a great man and he value every employee. I personally respect him and i have nothing against him. He knows his job very well. I learned to respect and to proactive. Every job has challenges and advantages. The most enjoyable part of the job is to like it and accept the challenges that comes with the position.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Every transport company has long hours

Jobs at Trimac Transportation

See more jobs

I Worked here for almost seven years and the place has the best training and staff I’ve ever worked with! You can move up the scale or stay where you want!

Work your buttox off for low middle class life

The miles in the chemical department were decentt, but the pay was absolutely garbage.Trimac knows down to the cent what it takes for an o/o to make money and they don't give you any more than that. You will not make money here.I worked for them as a o/o for 9 months and had 3 different managers. Only met one, the other two couldn't of cared less.If you want to feel like a number with absolutely no benefit of working hard, then trimac is the place for you.Never. Ever. Again!

Pros

Cons

The list is endless, garbage pay, no medical benefits, management rodeo

Have been there 18 years!!

They have a great safety culture there and ALWAYS want you to run and be legal! Trimac has always had a safe first attitude and will always support their drivers!! That's why I been with them for so long and never regretted it!! They are always on the drivers side and will do what they can to help!!

Pros

Dispatch will listen to the drivers!!

Cons

you will get long days but always legal!!

Owner operator

don't go for propane from Sarnia to barrie..You gonna sit at home without work!!!The equipment junk if something happen or weight station stop you and give a ticket they blame you!!!All the equipment junk!Is a nightmare company without respect and appreciation!You might suggest good pay.. but you gonna sit at home without work few days!!

Pros

Cons

Very poor management and dispatchers

Poor Management

Leadership is very poor. What was a good family run company is now run by ex CP executives with cut throat values. I have seen this company drastically shrink in all aspects over the last 5 years.

Awesome company

I seriously loved working with everyone that I worked with and the energy and pace was never boring I would actually get sad when Friday would come and couldn’t wait until Monday came back lol

Decent guys on the floor, management is toxic

The guys you work with are a good bunch and the work is not very mentally taxing just more labor intensive. Management is all about blaming anyone else they can for any mistakes in the shop or even for any that happens in the building. Not bad place all around just dont expect

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Toxic management

stay far away from this evil people

This company is poorly managed, completly racists and basically if I tell you to jumb? You jumb Forget about safety. You'll be forced to do 2 days work in 13 hours every day of every week pick up in fortmcmurray and drop off in Edmonton 5 days a week, it takes 2 hours to load and an hour to unload. Fueling, traffic, and everything else?

Official response from Trimac Transportation

26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to exceed employer expectations. If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, our Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.comThank you,Trimac

Local team was the best ever!!!

Very similar to my current employer, in that the local team was amazing to work with and the Manager was amazing to work for! The downside being that we were not the central, or headquarters office, so eventually, the powers that be took over and disassembled one of the greatest operations teams in history!!!

Official response from Trimac Transportation

26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your experience with us! At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do.

Bonne compagnie

Compagnie axé sut la sécurité au travail ,l ambiance est bonne et pe salaire est compétitif.

good company

Same work as anyother fuel delivery company, Opportunity to learn a lot about the safe driving . Good rates in the business. they are extra cautious in the winter which is understandable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement