Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada158 reviews
Local team was the best ever!!!
Very similar to my current employer, in that the local team was amazing to work with and the Manager was amazing to work for! The downside being that we were not the central, or headquarters office, so eventually, the powers that be took over and disassembled one of the greatest operations teams in history!!!
26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your experience with us! At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do.
I hated working here— I’m stuck
My manger is the evilest person on this mother planet, she makes us work constantly and I hated working here as I’m a naturally chill person. However, I just got married not long ago and I have my disabled husband to subsidize so I feel my life is trapped in this dump.
But mainly my manager is not decent. At all. After almost a year working there she still call me Ms. Storti verse Sarah, which is preferred as I’m proud of my first name I think it’s unique, fun and utterly chic. I’m just fed up now
Pros
I sometimes get weekends off
Cons
We have to work 5 days consecutively
26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to exceed employer expectations.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, our Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Trimac
stay far away from this evil people
This company is poorly managed, completly racists and basically if I tell you to jumb? You jumb Forget about safety.
You'll be forced to do 2 days work in 13 hours every day of every week pick up in fortmcmurray and drop off in Edmonton 5 days a week, it takes 2 hours to load and an hour to unload. Fueling, traffic, and everything else?

Bonne compagnie
Compagnie axé sut la sécurité au travail ,l ambiance est bonne et pe salaire est compétitif.
good company
Same work as anyother fuel delivery company, Opportunity to learn a lot about the safe driving . Good rates in the business. they are extra cautious in the winter which is understandable.
Ok I guess
Not bad company overall, still room for improvement, I wish management listens to drivers more and not treat them as second class, this company will make you rich but will pay bill comfortably,
not a very good company
to bad about the staff that work there and the drivers very rude people
wound not recommend this to any one that wants to have long term employment .I was mistreated many times .I could go to the labor board or sue them for drivers wanting to fight me ..

I am a nice person that did not need this ..
Pros
no perks
Cons
bad people very rude they want to fight any time they can get
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Safety is our core value and our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every day and we want to apologize for not meeting your employment expectations at our Langley and Prince George locations.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, Canadan HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Trimac
Hostile management and labour relations
They will micro manage you to always try and find fault with your work. Partly because some managers and safety personnel are on a power trip but also to find reasons to take away your safety bonus.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work. It’s either feast or famine.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do.

We want to apologize for the poor experience you had at our Mississauga/Toronto location and have taken the appropriate steps to investigate this situation further.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Not worth the pay
I enjoyed the job, hours are kind of whacky, pay is low considering you need to be trained and qualified, not anyone can just walk in and do the job. Management at the branch was ok, higher up the food chain they say what you want to hear but dont follow through. always had excuses why we couldnt get raises.Was told it was a family oriented business....far from it. High turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guys you work with and the customers were pretty good. Would be a great place to work if you were paid what you deserved, better benefits and more consistent start and finish times
Good luck
Trimac is a lot like the oil field work,
When is good is really good and when is slow take time off. Overall the company has a very good safety culture. I feel is a great company to work for.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything that we do. With safety being our core value, our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every single day.
Good pay and benefits
Was a good place to work. Experience was good and work was steady when economy slowed. Management was flexible with hours if there were personal issues. Overall good place to be.
Good for a single person
12-16 hours per day. Easy work. Long drive and lots of miles per day. Truck runs 24 hrs per day. Switch shift days and nights. Constant pressure to stay on time. You work in every weather condition imaginable.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to exceed employment expectations.

Trimac
Don't know what you need
They promote safety in the orientation. Work the legal hours of operations. But when a driver gets out on the road that goes all out the window, so to speak. It is go, go, go. Who cares about the long book and hours. Get the load there. They need to plan and communicate better with the drivers. Very stressful place to work.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Safety is our core value and our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every day and we want to apologize for not meeting your employment expectations at our Edmonton location.

Trimac
bonne compagnie le probleme la direction manque de competence
bonne cie mais le managing ne fait qua sa tete et pas a l ecoute et managing est non competent
Management lazy
When they have work lots of hours. Work shortage you stayhome for weeks. Safety culture fake, when trailer has major out of service they will try and find someone else to operate hopingthey will not notice defects.
Awful place to work
Poor management work u 6 days 1 day off u constantly have to watch your pay, constantly shortchanged on your pay.Fired for slightest incident despite management inability to have proper equipment available .If you’re looking for long term employment this is one place to avoid like the plague.
Pros
Money decent
Cons
Longevity dismal. Very short term opportunity
Worse run company ....
Management is all talk and no action , they safety comes first when reality is they say that to cover their *** the all mighty $ is the bottom line with no concern for employees that’s why there is such a high turn over in employees....salary is well below industry standards
Employees are treated poorly
After restructuring in (around 2015), company has a high turn over rate. Employees are not valued. There is no room for growth. There is a lot of micromanagement. Work/Life balance is not a priority for the company. Training is no longer encouraged. Overall atmosphere is stressful as job security is rather low.
No raises since 2015, which is explained as "economic conditions" by higher management.

Pros: Trimac focuses on safety. Company holds team building events. There are people who you can as for help.
Garbage company.
The reason i was hired was to replace 1 of numerous drivers that had a near fatal accident. Everything is paid by the trip and you're force to work quicker then is safe.
Office staff
Office staff was joke. Brought down a lady that ran bulk and out her on fuel side here in regina and she ran it to ground. Didn't no what she was doing. Lost alot of good people. She lied bout lots of stuff. I got terminated after being hurt on the job. They sent her back but another guy's runs it here heard its lil better but hard to believe
At one time great place to work
Changes in management and philosophy have made these local branches poor places to work. After consulting with fellow drivers, they all agreed and very few are left there.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to meet employment expectations.

Trimac
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7