Trimac Transportation
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada187 reviews

Always an open door for any issues.

No need to keep calling people for work assignments. I use to get 1 call daily with my job TMW or job number. Generally the same routes. Plenty of notice of any changes. Keep the same vehicle with another partner. Would have preferred to alternate days and nights but other than that it was a good company to work for. The training centre and training week was excellent. Hotel was paid for as I live away from the city. Excellent Christmas party. A Good Company to work for.

Parked all the time poor work environment and not enough equipment for current employees. Hostel environment.

Was always parked 1-2-3 days a week equipment breakdown constantly forcing drivers to not work only working 6 to 8 hours a day employees fighting over work like a pack of dogs over a food dish.. Not stable work lossing contracts all the time due to poor management.Being told they will call you later if there is work. Ongoing problemsDo not work here

Pros

Non

Cons

Not enough work to go around...

Insights into Trimac Transportation

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Good place to work but equipment issues

Trailers are not maintained adequately, always waiting for one to come out of shop.the manager had no leadership experience, and would not meet to hear concerns. I wasnt given the tools or docs I needed to do my job and had to self-train.Drivers were amazing and undervalued.

Pros

Most people helpful

Cons

Manager was promoted into position with no people or leadership skills, threw me into job with NO support. Not helpfull or supportive at all.

Run for the hills.

This is an absolute abomination of the ghost that once was. Company cares about itself only. You are nothing but a number that they feel can be replaced easily. Zero respect for an owner/operator, training is nonexistent for the commodity you will haul, management has absolutely no idea what is going on, put in their position only because they can say yes to the board. Losing work all the time and couldn’t care about it. As an owner operator that has worked here, and the previous name that it was under, I have witnessed nothing but the steady decline of this operation. If you have way too much money, sign on. They will be sure to drive you under in no time. I think their actually is a pool going in the upper offices to see who falls first with the owner ops. If I may say, there were a few great Dispatcher’s that made you forget the h**l that you were in. I just hope this company doesn’t break them like it has to so many good people who they have lost through the last few years. All in all......run.......run faster.

Lack of maintenance

Lack of maintenance on trailers, mechanics are horrible to deal with, rates are not worth it, you can make more being a company driver for someone else rather than a owner op at this company

Always waiting for paperwork to be corrected delays because people didn’t do there job

Drivers are the only people held accountable.Shop was a joke trucks never ready when scheduled.Dispatchers didn’t know the products.management where lairs very unsafe work environment

Keeps you busy

Good work with a lot to learn, but lacks in career advancements. Management has been streamlined and makes it very hard for growth. They need to invest more in employee training and development.

Solid company to drive for

Solid company. Good benefits and pension plan. Not much opportunity for career advancement. Equipment and maintenance is about average but the overall quality is quite good.

Pros

Fair Pay

Cons

On the road a lot

Job itself is good

Job itself is good. Good pay for what you do. 12 hour shifts make for a good pay. Time off when you need it usually. Not good follow up when issues arise.

Stay clear.

What a joke of a company. I was hired to replace a driver who let a fuel truck roll across the yard. Horrible safety record. Horrible wages. Zero support from management.

Pros

None.

Cons

Dispatching.

Negative depressing job experience

Never ending supervisors, negative negative work experience.Had to work days then nites ending up going for sleep therapy's.They didn't care couldnt about any thing.

Pros

Bosses have 2 legs

Cons

Bosses have 2 legs

Demanding with ridiculous expectations

Mangers at this company care very little for their employees well being. Opportunity for advanced but only if you can work 24/7 as a manager. I would not recommend working here at all if you are a single parent. Money is decent, not much for pay increases, and benefits are good. Building is fancy. Overall, I would never accept the job if I could go back and do it again.

Good place to , just don't let management get to you.

Management is like a revolving door. No management on some sites so there is way to much micro management, If you can take being told be young new management on how to drive your semi you we be fine.

Wasting 4 months of my working time with no pay

They are too big to manage themselves. They keep transferring ppl department to department and Dispatch are treating you like a boss not partner. They hired me waited here and their and told to do the courses and trainings on propane then transferred to fuel with big schedule promises then wast another 2 months finally I gave up and left. The funniest part of all is no one called and followed up even until now.

Pros

Free coveralls and meeting snakes

Cons

Never know your coming schedules

Toxic Leadership Toxic Workplace

Run far away from this toxic workplace! The culture has eroded over the years to the point where it's unrecognizable from the previous family valued company.

Pros

Cons

Horrible work-life balance, bad management, micro-managing leaders, toxic!

I would not recommend TRIMAC to my Enemy

I would give Trimac a zero if I couldvery poor upper management unskilled no interest in the job or staff.Poor morale , company run by some girls that only talk about make up.Very high turnover of staff.So many contracts lost.

Pros

Non

Cons

SO Many

The best company to work for

I and a trainer, and love my job! Still working there. I am planing on retiring at Trimac. Such great people. Great pay, I have a sense of belonging and I am heard.

Pros

Flex hours, at home work available great pay.

Cons

None.

Poorly run company

Was a decent company to work for before upper management decided to cut costs everywhere and make everyones job that much harder. As long as the share holders poclkets are getting filled thats all that matters. Went to a central dispatch sysytem which is a joke, nice group but no team work or commiunication whats so ever, after hours dispatch is another joke, if you actually get a hold of them most of the time they are unable to make any kind of decision so that leaves a driver sitting and waiting. The maintenace on equipment is a joke, not enough mechanics for one, shop hours are a joke, and dont keep much inventory on parts so down time is higher than it should be, all this is due to cost cuts. The pay is not very good considering our cost of living keeps going up, got to fight for raises. Benefits are exspensive. Pension is a bonus, No safety bonus or incentive program anymore, just an allstar program where you get entered into a draw if your driving score is 90-100. Nothing really to make you feel appreciated. Mostly a good group of guys.

Pros

Pension, newer trucks, co-workers

Cons

Hours of work, low pay, central dispatching, cost of benefits, maintenance on eqipment (no fault to mechanics), upper management

Work shortage

They lost their major contract and there is not enough work to go around so we are only working part time in wood chips. Pay is not that great even when full time.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Micro management

Not a fun place

was not impressed. was not happy working there. some staff good people , helpful with advice . schedules not keep by some. drivers walk away from broken equipment

Pros

could not think of any

Cons

to many to mention

They don’t treat their employees properly

The Winnipeg branch is the worst branch of them all. Management is a joke and they only take care of the employees that coast along. If you work hard or care about your work, don’t apply at trimac. There is also a lot of talk of them caring for your safety but they don’t actual. The shop foreman is barely ever there and he will not tell you the honest answer about anything.

Pros

Some employees are fun to work with

Cons

Not honest, pay is garbage, they only benefit the lazy workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement