Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

culture changing
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2018
a lot of restructuring, a lot of layoff of people with years of experience
used to be a fun place to work
no longer any perks at head office (ie: free coffee/tea)

I don't have much else to say
Great place to settle down
Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary8 July 2018
Excellent company to work for. They are forward thinking and always try to make things better. The calgary office has flexible schedules, an on site gym and fantastic people to work with. They will train you and promote from within when they can. I'm so glad I found trimac and am not looking to leave anytime soon.
Pros
Great people, compensation and culture
Cons
High work load but you are rewarded for it
Used to be good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
Was a good place to work...too many ego's involved now. A lot of lies told to keep you on staff and keep you from leaving but most never come through.
The company seems doomed to failure. They tend to lose a lot of contracts and don't seem to ever have a plan "B".
Look elsewhere if you wish to be valued.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Compressed Gas division
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 June 2018
As an owner/operator on the Anhydrous division I had no complaints. I loved working with Trimac and would still be there if I hadn't moved to Newfoundland. They are excellent with their maintenance protocol and will help you with costs of parts if they can. I sometimes had problems downloading payroll info but I think they have fixed all that.
Low rates , no money
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 May 2018
I worked there last year , it was one of the worst companies i ever worked at . I worked at trimac as a lease operator and their rates were really really low . I used to make more money as a driver. They promise good rates but never deliver . Work is only 5 months out of a year. Mechanics are rip off , they dont know what they are doing. I strongly suggest that you get in touch with a lease operator from that branch before getting hired .
Pros
Camp job
Cons
Absolutely no money
overall it was a good place to work
SHOP FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2018
I was the shop foreman at Trimac. I worked as the night shift foreman there. The people were good to work for and overall was a good place to work. I learned a lot while I was there.
Current employment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary8 May 2018
Very poor upper management unskilled no interest in the job or staff.
Poor morale low retention no training.
Very high turnover of staff.
So many contracts lost.
Pros
Cons
Upper management unskilled and don’t care about any staff
Good Learning Experience
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Labourer (Current Employee) –  Waneta, BC19 April 2018
Great learning experience, but chances to move up within the company are slim to none. Learned lots about forklifts and loaders as well. Overall good place to work.
Good Place To Work
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
Good place to work. Very high workload and most teams are running very lean. Promotions are given to those who are close to senior leaders and managers.
n/a
Accounts Payable Clerk (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
hardest part of the job is that there is no room to grow .
Life is beautiful but not always easy, it has problems, too, and the challenge lies in facing them with courage, letting the beauty of life act like a balm, which makes the pain bearable, during trying times, by providing hope
Good work place
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC16 February 2018
Learned a lot at this job. Handled different Trailer combinations and how to handle different chemicals.Trimac kept me busy between BC, Alberta, Sask.Wash. Oregon.I had a blower for dry products and a pump for liquid products so learned a lot there.
learned alot
Journeyperson Truck and Transport Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 February 2018
great training program in the beginning of the hiring process, people are great to work with, many shifts to work with, with plenty of time off for appointments
Horrible company to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 February 2018
I used to work for trimac.. had an accident which almost costed me my life from no fault of my own and even saved a life in the process and the third day out of hospital i was let go due to health concerns....
Pros
Cons
Managment
Productive and fun place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Golden, BC25 January 2018
My position with Trimac is to fuel locomotives for CP Rail. It can be a fast paced job some days and others slow. Depends on train traffic. We work a 4 on 4 off here, which makes it great for family life at home. The hardest part of the job is waiting for the next call out. The most enjoyable part is to be outdoors, and able to go home to your own bed nightly.
Overall company is good; Management is lacking people skills
Financial Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
Overall the company is good, but salary and benefits are not great. Some departments need more experienced leaders - low lever management people skill set is lacking and immature, and there is very unstructured training. Praise is given to those who have the gift of the gab, talking with no action has more value than tangible skills and results. If you can tolerate being a mindless drone, cubicle dweller and can talk a huge political fancy game, you will fit right in. If you have skills, you are active, asking to many work related questions and can give results, you will sink.
Pros
Free lunches on Fridays - potluck, great co-workers
Cons
Contract job - no benefits, unstructured training
Perfect
Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 January 2018
couldn't ask for better work environment
it was great
pay was great, co workers were great
it is a company that you love to work for and they treat everyone well
Fun and easy place to work at
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2017
Productive and fun workplace with extra perks such as ticket to hockey games and potluck lunch once a month, learnt how to enter expense reports mangement was good
Good corporate culture and many learning opportunities
Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2017
Trimac is a great organization to work with. At head office in Calgary the corporate culture was work hard and play hard. Expectations were high, but at the same time a credit was given when a job well done.
Trimac
Finance (Current Employee) –  calgary ca9 November 2017
The culture as a whole is fun, loving, and nice. There is room for growth as an organization and progression in eradicating ancient processes. With the direction of CEO Trimac will be a fierce competitor.
Pros
Opportunity for a life long career.
Cons
Poor choice of some leaders, select qualified directors
A well managed company. (Langley Branch)
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 October 2017
Its been wonderful to be a part of this company. Great work environment, the office feels like a small family. Strong Management team and dispatch is very helpful and accommodating.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.