Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Awesome company
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 November 2018
This Prince George Branch was just a great place to work at, the job was a challenge but having an excellent boss made up for the shortcomings, miss the place
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
could have long hours
Great environment to learn about transportation safety.
Safety Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day challenges presented and overcoming large obstacles to come to a resolution. Great safety team who work together.
growing opportunities
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2018
moving forward
advancement
local
large tanker
metrics driven
connected with lots of access t information
safety driven company
pension and benefits
succession planning
Pros
people
Cons
One of the better trucking companies out there.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
Depending on the branch that you work for the pay could either be average or very good. The pension plan is amazing and the health plan is pretty good as well. There are a lot of different opportunities and cool runs that an individual can do so long as they are willing to go where the work is.
Pros
Lots of opportunities, fair wages, good pension plan
Cons
Lack of communication at times.
Toxic work environment due to poor management
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sundre, AB21 September 2018
Not a bad company. But management is toxic always stirring the pot between employees. Job never ever felt secure from the start. No appreciation for extra hrs or good work. Management never listen to any drivers shop or office staff. But bad management always loose good employees.
Pros
Decent hrs for home life
Cons
Poor management and no thanks for nothing
Good Company Poor Poor Management
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON7 September 2018
Got hired worked 2 months. No management, never saw my reporting manager. He was too busy to listen to any issue. No one knows whats happening which gets frustrating after some time. Poorly managed dispatch. Training that can easily be completed in 2 weeks got stretched for 2 months as they had no truck and B trains to give. Got tired of this hanging in the middle. Old drivers who hate their work and their union doesn't let new comers and management settle.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Job Security, union
Very Safety Oriented Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC27 July 2018
A wonderful company for maintaining focus on the safety of their employees, the public and the environment. Always changing with growth potential in mind and willing to bring people up through the ranks. The most difficult challenge is keeping track of the changes and contacts, however the best part is the team you get to work with. Awesome hardworking people.
Pros
Safety culture & never boring
Cons
work/life balance tends to weigh heavily on the work side
culture changing
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2018
a lot of restructuring, a lot of layoff of people with years of experience
used to be a fun place to work
no longer any perks at head office (ie: free coffee/tea)

I don't have much else to say
Great place to settle down
Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary8 July 2018
Excellent company to work for. They are forward thinking and always try to make things better. The calgary office has flexible schedules, an on site gym and fantastic people to work with. They will train you and promote from within when they can. I'm so glad I found trimac and am not looking to leave anytime soon.
Pros
Great people, compensation and culture
Cons
High work load but you are rewarded for it
Used to be good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
Was a good place to work...too many ego's involved now. A lot of lies told to keep you on staff and keep you from leaving but most never come through.
The company seems doomed to failure. They tend to lose a lot of contracts and don't seem to ever have a plan "B".
Look elsewhere if you wish to be valued.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Compressed Gas division
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 June 2018
As an owner/operator on the Anhydrous division I had no complaints. I loved working with Trimac and would still be there if I hadn't moved to Newfoundland. They are excellent with their maintenance protocol and will help you with costs of parts if they can. I sometimes had problems downloading payroll info but I think they have fixed all that.
Low rates , no money
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 May 2018
I worked there last year , it was one of the worst companies i ever worked at . I worked at trimac as a lease operator and their rates were really really low . I used to make more money as a driver. They promise good rates but never deliver . Work is only 5 months out of a year. Mechanics are rip off , they dont know what they are doing. I strongly suggest that you get in touch with a lease operator from that branch before getting hired .
Pros
Camp job
Cons
Absolutely no money
overall it was a good place to work
SHOP FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2018
I was the shop foreman at Trimac. I worked as the night shift foreman there. The people were good to work for and overall was a good place to work. I learned a lot while I was there.
Current employment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary8 May 2018
Very poor upper management unskilled no interest in the job or staff.
Poor morale low retention no training.
Very high turnover of staff.
So many contracts lost.
Pros
Cons
Upper management unskilled and don’t care about any staff
Good Learning Experience
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Labourer (Current Employee) –  Waneta, BC19 April 2018
Great learning experience, but chances to move up within the company are slim to none. Learned lots about forklifts and loaders as well. Overall good place to work.
Good Place To Work
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
Good place to work. Very high workload and most teams are running very lean. Promotions are given to those who are close to senior leaders and managers.
n/a
Accounts Payable Clerk (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
hardest part of the job is that there is no room to grow .
Life is beautiful but not always easy, it has problems, too, and the challenge lies in facing them with courage, letting the beauty of life act like a balm, which makes the pain bearable, during trying times, by providing hope
Good work place
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC16 February 2018
Learned a lot at this job. Handled different Trailer combinations and how to handle different chemicals.Trimac kept me busy between BC, Alberta, Sask.Wash. Oregon.I had a blower for dry products and a pump for liquid products so learned a lot there.
learned alot
Journeyperson Truck and Transport Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 February 2018
great training program in the beginning of the hiring process, people are great to work with, many shifts to work with, with plenty of time off for appointments
Horrible company to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 February 2018
I used to work for trimac.. had an accident which almost costed me my life from no fault of my own and even saved a life in the process and the third day out of hospital i was let go due to health concerns....
Pros
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.