Trimac Transportation
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada160 reviews
Very similar to my current employer, in that the local team was amazing to work with and the Manager was amazing to work for! The downside being that we were not the central, or headquarters office, so eventually, the powers that be took over and disassembled one of the greatest operations teams in history!!!
26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your experience with us! At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do.
Leadership is very poor. What was a good family run company is now run by ex CP executives with cut throat values. I have seen this company drastically shrink in all aspects over the last 5 years.
I seriously loved working with everyone that I worked with and the energy and pace was never boring
I would actually get sad when Friday would come and couldn’t wait until Monday came back lol
The guys you work with are a good bunch and the work is not very mentally taxing just more labor intensive. Management is all about blaming anyone else they can for any mistakes in the shop or even for any that happens in the building. Not bad place all around just dont expect
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Toxic management
This company is poorly managed, completly racists and basically if I tell you to jumb? You jumb Forget about safety.
You'll be forced to do 2 days work in 13 hours every day of every week pick up in fortmcmurray and drop off in Edmonton 5 days a week, it takes 2 hours to load and an hour to unload. Fueling, traffic, and everything else?
26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to exceed employer expectations.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, our Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Trimac
Compagnie axé sut la sécurité au travail ,l ambiance est bonne et pe salaire est compétitif.
Same work as anyother fuel delivery company, Opportunity to learn a lot about the safe driving . Good rates in the business. they are extra cautious in the winter which is understandable.
Not bad company overall, still room for improvement, I wish management listens to drivers more and not treat them as second class, this company will make you rich but will pay bill comfortably,
to bad about the staff that work there and the drivers very rude people
wound not recommend this to any one that wants to have long term employment .I was mistreated many times .I could go to the labor board or sue them for drivers wanting to fight me ..

I am a nice person that did not need this ..
Pros
no perks
Cons
bad people very rude they want to fight any time they can get
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Safety is our core value and our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every day and we want to apologize for not meeting your employment expectations at our Langley and Prince George locations.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, Canadan HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Trimac
They will micro manage you to always try and find fault with your work. Partly because some managers and safety personnel are on a power trip but also to find reasons to take away your safety bonus.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work. It’s either feast or famine.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do.

We want to apologize for the poor experience you had at our Mississauga/Toronto location and have taken the appropriate steps to investigate this situation further.

If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com

Trimac
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Trimac Transportation?
I enjoyed the job, hours are kind of whacky, pay is low considering you need to be trained and qualified, not anyone can just walk in and do the job. Management at the branch was ok, higher up the food chain they say what you want to hear but dont follow through. always had excuses why we couldnt get raises.Was told it was a family oriented business....far from it. High turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guys you work with and the customers were pretty good. Would be a great place to work if you were paid what you deserved, better benefits and more consistent start and finish times
Trimac is a lot like the oil field work,
When is good is really good and when is slow take time off. Overall the company has a very good safety culture. I feel is a great company to work for.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything that we do. With safety being our core value, our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every single day.
Was a good place to work. Experience was good and work was steady when economy slowed. Management was flexible with hours if there were personal issues. Overall good place to be.
12-16 hours per day. Easy work. Long drive and lots of miles per day. Truck runs 24 hrs per day. Switch shift days and nights. Constant pressure to stay on time. You work in every weather condition imaginable.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to exceed employment expectations.

Trimac
They promote safety in the orientation. Work the legal hours of operations. But when a driver gets out on the road that goes all out the window, so to speak. It is go, go, go. Who cares about the long book and hours. Get the load there. They need to plan and communicate better with the drivers. Very stressful place to work.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Safety is our core value and our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every day and we want to apologize for not meeting your employment expectations at our Edmonton location.

Trimac
bonne cie mais le managing ne fait qua sa tete et pas a l ecoute et managing est non competent
When they have work lots of hours. Work shortage you stayhome for weeks. Safety culture fake, when trailer has major out of service they will try and find someone else to operate hopingthey will not notice defects.
Poor management work u 6 days 1 day off u constantly have to watch your pay, constantly shortchanged on your pay.Fired for slightest incident despite management inability to have proper equipment available .If you’re looking for long term employment this is one place to avoid like the plague.
Pros
Money decent
Cons
Longevity dismal. Very short term opportunity
Management is all talk and no action , they safety comes first when reality is they say that to cover their *** the all mighty $ is the bottom line with no concern for employees that’s why there is such a high turn over in employees....salary is well below industry standards
After restructuring in (around 2015), company has a high turn over rate. Employees are not valued. There is no room for growth. There is a lot of micromanagement. Work/Life balance is not a priority for the company. Training is no longer encouraged. Overall atmosphere is stressful as job security is rather low.
No raises since 2015, which is explained as "economic conditions" by higher management.

Pros: Trimac focuses on safety. Company holds team building events. There are people who you can as for help.
The reason i was hired was to replace 1 of numerous drivers that had a near fatal accident. Everything is paid by the trip and you're force to work quicker then is safe.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7