Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Average pay for giving up personal life. They say how much they spend on new hires($10000, number has been the same industry wide for 20 years) saying it's a lot, it is. Unaware or ignorant of the fact owner operators are betting a lot more than that financially and emotionally on it being a place worth going to. Not horrible if you've been doing long haul and want a couple days home a week. Not great if you expect to be home every day.
Was a good company before upper management deconstructed the company and took on a more with less attitude. Overwork everyone ( including local manager) until they don’t care attitude. Manager when there was only there to chastise your work , no praises for good work unless it came from the customer. No overtime but they starve you all week so you have to work the weekend to get any hours. They have safety hide in the bushes to compile a list of minor infractions of their many rules, so they can dismiss you at anytime they need too. They have a do more with less stance which filters into poorly/ slowly repaired equipment.
Cons
Poor management, no incentives
The chief Executive Officer is a great man and he value every employee. I personally respect him and i have nothing against him. He knows his job very well. I learned to respect and to proactive. Every job has challenges and advantages. The most enjoyable part of the job is to like it and accept the challenges that comes with the position.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Every transport company has long hours
I Worked here for almost seven years and the place has the best training and staff I’ve ever worked with! You can move up the scale or stay where you want!
The miles in the chemical department were decentt, but the pay was absolutely garbage.Trimac knows down to the cent what it takes for an o/o to make money and they don't give you any more than that. You will not make money here.I worked for them as a o/o for 9 months and had 3 different managers. Only met one, the other two couldn't of cared less.If you want to feel like a number with absolutely no benefit of working hard, then trimac is the place for you.Never. Ever. Again!
Pros
Cons
The list is endless, garbage pay, no medical benefits, management rodeo
They have a great safety culture there and ALWAYS want you to run and be legal! Trimac has always had a safe first attitude and will always support their drivers!! That's why I been with them for so long and never regretted it!! They are always on the drivers side and will do what they can to help!!
Pros
Dispatch will listen to the drivers!!
Cons
you will get long days but always legal!!
don't go for propane from Sarnia to barrie..You gonna sit at home without work!!!The equipment junk if something happen or weight station stop you and give a ticket they blame you!!!All the equipment junk!Is a nightmare company without respect and appreciation!You might suggest good pay.. but you gonna sit at home without work few days!!
Pros
Cons
Very poor management and dispatchers
Leadership is very poor. What was a good family run company is now run by ex CP executives with cut throat values. I have seen this company drastically shrink in all aspects over the last 5 years.
I seriously loved working with everyone that I worked with and the energy and pace was never boring I would actually get sad when Friday would come and couldn’t wait until Monday came back lol
The guys you work with are a good bunch and the work is not very mentally taxing just more labor intensive. Management is all about blaming anyone else they can for any mistakes in the shop or even for any that happens in the building. Not bad place all around just dont expect
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Toxic management
This company is poorly managed, completly racists and basically if I tell you to jumb? You jumb Forget about safety. You'll be forced to do 2 days work in 13 hours every day of every week pick up in fortmcmurray and drop off in Edmonton 5 days a week, it takes 2 hours to load and an hour to unload. Fueling, traffic, and everything else?
26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to exceed employer expectations. If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, our Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.comThank you,Trimac
Very similar to my current employer, in that the local team was amazing to work with and the Manager was amazing to work for! The downside being that we were not the central, or headquarters office, so eventually, the powers that be took over and disassembled one of the greatest operations teams in history!!!
26 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your experience with us! At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do.
Compagnie axé sut la sécurité au travail ,l ambiance est bonne et pe salaire est compétitif.
Same work as anyother fuel delivery company, Opportunity to learn a lot about the safe driving . Good rates in the business. they are extra cautious in the winter which is understandable.
Not bad company overall, still room for improvement, I wish management listens to drivers more and not treat them as second class, this company will make you rich but will pay bill comfortably,
to bad about the staff that work there and the drivers very rude people wound not recommend this to any one that wants to have long term employment .I was mistreated many times .I could go to the labor board or sue them for drivers wanting to fight me .. I am a nice person that did not need this ..
Pros
no perks
Cons
bad people very rude they want to fight any time they can get
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Safety is our core value and our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every day and we want to apologize for not meeting your employment expectations at our Langley and Prince George locations. If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, Canadan HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com Thank you,Trimac
They will micro manage you to always try and find fault with your work. Partly because some managers and safety personnel are on a power trip but also to find reasons to take away your safety bonus.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work. It’s either feast or famine.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do. We want to apologize for the poor experience you had at our Mississauga/Toronto location and have taken the appropriate steps to investigate this situation further. If you are able/willing to provide some more information, we would appreciate hearing from you. Please email Landon, Canadian HR Business Partner at lansmith@trimac.com Thank you,Trimac
I enjoyed the job, hours are kind of whacky, pay is low considering you need to be trained and qualified, not anyone can just walk in and do the job. Management at the branch was ok, higher up the food chain they say what you want to hear but dont follow through. always had excuses why we couldnt get raises.Was told it was a family oriented business....far from it. High turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guys you work with and the customers were pretty good. Would be a great place to work if you were paid what you deserved, better benefits and more consistent start and finish times
Trimac is a lot like the oil field work, When is good is really good and when is slow take time off. Overall the company has a very good safety culture. I feel is a great company to work for.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! At Trimac, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything that we do. With safety being our core value, our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safely every single day.
Was a good place to work. Experience was good and work was steady when economy slowed. Management was flexible with hours if there were personal issues. Overall good place to be.
12-16 hours per day. Easy work. Long drive and lots of miles per day. Truck runs 24 hrs per day. Switch shift days and nights. Constant pressure to stay on time. You work in every weather condition imaginable.
31 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are constantly evolving and looking to improve in order to exceed employment expectations. Thank you,Trimac