Trillium Lakelands District School Board

Trillium Lakelands District School Board Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Trillium Lakeland’s District School Board is a reputable company to work for. They’re professional and respected. I’ve worked for them for over 20 years now
Teaching within the Trillium Lakelands District School Board can be both rewarding and frustrating. Any job working in a classroom has its good and bad days. You get out of the job what you put into it.
Not the greatest school board. Lot's of social issues on staff. SOmetimes great but usually a lot of drama between staff. And principals dont do much to help. So many special needs and so little help.
I enjoy working for this employer. The salary is comparative to that offered by other school boards & they offer good professional development to their teachers.
I found the staff to be a lot of fun to work with and there was a spirit of sharing. The principals were easy going and helpful. Working with students can be challenging but there was great support at school.
The children, parents and coworkers made this an awesome experience. Unrealistic demands from upper level administration, meetings that were time consuming and often unproductive created unnecessary stress.
part of a great team at the school and board level that focused on its mission to serve the students and families of our board and provide world class, equitable and accessible educational opportunities.

strong leadership at all levels
The workload that is required, is excessive and unsustainable by anyone who has a family or wants a life. The level of prep demanded is excessive. The lack of support for violent or disruptive students makes delivering a lesson exceptionally challenging. Your job assignments are at the whim of your principals, who are often more interested in climbing the ladder, than supporting their staff they way they would find most beneficial. Fantastic, hard working staff. Easy to make friends and work with.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
you will have no life.
Excellent place to work. Lots of supervision and guidance and learning opportunities. Staff are fantastic. Unfortunatley my work was contract for a maternity leave
Many great teachers but difficult to secure permanent work. A great deal of travel is required as the school board stretches from Halliburton to Utterson.
Ability to work in various environments helps employees make crucial contacts for future job opportunities. The various schools throughout the board allow for supply staff to work with many professionals and groups of students.
I love working for TLDSB. Co-workers are great, students are amazing.

Hardest part of the job is the work that you need to take home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the students.

I arrive most days an hour before school starts and leave 30 minutes after school ends.
This job meets my desire for change each day and is rewarding.
I enjoy having time for my family.

The hours of work are good.
Pros
Leaves me time for my kids.
Cons
Not room for financial advancement.
I like working for this board, unfortunalty it is far from me, as i will make all efforts to make every call I get I am looking for full time and closer to my home.
The schools are well kept and great atmosphere
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trillium Lakelands District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board Reviews by Location