Trillium Health Partners

Canada242 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Worked here 7 years

Hired initially as a Clinical Extern and now RN. Not unionized but pay is the same as other unionized hospitals. Paid education days. Great team, but depends on the unit. Benefits could be much better

Pros

team

benefits

Good experience

Sometime its very busy when they are short staffed. Limited help from co workers. Have to work almost every weekend as a part timer. Overall good experience.

Insights into Trillium Health Partners

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Large hospital with many different specialty floors

Work day consisted of team rounds, patient visits, and documenting. Great team. Pay was as expected in public sector, not enough to keep up with increasing cost of living.

Too stressful

The Credit Valley hospital is a Non union hospitals, low pay and poor benefits, No work, No pay. If you get Covid in or out of work you will not be paid. My son got Covid and need to take a time off. No family leave pay.

Pros

3 months schedule in advance

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits

Best place to work. My experience was awesome. Hoping to get back someday

Best place to work. My experience was awesome. Hoping to get back someday. Recruitment process is easy and transparent, pay is highly competitive, staff are friendly and protective. You can be assured of regular trainings

Pros

Work environment, staff culture, benefits, etc

Lots of overtime available, serious staff shortage though.

Good work culture. Same pay as any other hospital. Severe staffing turn over. Constantly short staffed. Management is okay. Lots of learning opportunities.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Well staffed. Less stressful than retail. Inefficient at times

Well staffed in most places. Get regular breaks. Unfortunately there are salary caps and difficult to get a full time position. Big organization so less personal than smaller places.

Good employer

Nothing is easy during this pandemic. Stressful job but it’s a job!Managers are doing their best with what they have.Possibility for overtime.I m happy there!

Fun place to work

If you can get your foot in the door, that's your first step. Biases and favoritism run wild at THP, and based on that you WILL be treated differently, purely based on what school you took.

Pros

Paid breaks, 12 hour shifts, easy going pace

Cons

Favoritisn, biases, some unprofessional individuals

Very busy, and productive workplace, but the some how it all works.

Productive, busy, but fun workplace. the perfect balance of everything.Even though the days are long, and it tends to be very busy, the support, the people you work with, and for gives you feeling of satisfaction at the end of every shift.

Pros

Free parking

Great Premiums

Great BenefitsGreat ManagementFlexible schedulesHelping othersOffice ManagementPhone EtiquetteProfessional EnvironmentShift PremiumsOvernight Premium

Co-workers and wages are great

I love the people I work with and the wage and compensation package is good (I will admit I don't have a lot to compare it to but it works for me). However, I have had issues with some managers being shall we say shady. Promising things to some coworkers and not others, not going through proper channels to make changes to contracts, playing favourites, and just generally not being trustworthy. This is my experience of three different managers, but certainly not all.

Work environment is horrible

Lots of bullies who get away with their behaviour because they have been there forever. Management does nothing about and if anything the person being affected is actually the one that gets reprimanded and told to "make it work".

Pros

Salary was good

Cons

Bullies dont get in trouble

Work Life and culture

Well compensated but inconsistent in hours Not all departments have good work life balance schedule. Some team leads are reasonable and some are not. Politics in union environment

Very difficult to get full time position

hours vary depending on the week very hard to budget your life. If you want a full time position good luck cause it will go to a senior person due to union. Little to no room for growth no work life balance

Poor work ethics from Management

BEWARE everything may seem ok...but underneath lies horrible organization full of nepotism & bullies as managers. I wasted 6 yrs of my life here. I can't believe many Mangers are allowed to work here because alot of them are not even educated enough to have their jobs. Human resources? They don't even exist here at Trillium. Every millennial who is either raised or born here in Canada in my unit left. The mangers doesn't like people who speak UP that can defend themselves...

Pros

close to the highways, nurses are passionate

Cons

bad Managers, HR not good. Boring suburban Hospital, no culture.

Ok place to work

Management is unresponsive. You have to consistantly be on them to get back to you for simple things. Staff is friendly. Part time employees have zero benefits, no sick days or vacation days.

Terrible management and training capabilities in the ED

Unclear, unorganized initial set ups by the hospital. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Told consistently that I was doing a great job, then told by management that I wasn't. Differing policies between hospitals not gone over and caused issues with patient care. Inflexible training available, even for pt or casual staff. Of course, no benefits and little chance of advancing to fte.

An equal opportunity

Been here since 2011, love the benefits and support from the management. Pay is really competitive, unlimited OT at ER, start with 3 wks paid vacation

Unionized and great pension plan. Like all jobs, your experience will depend on the quality of management and work culture of your department. I had a good time there.

My best Employeer

The best place to build a long and exciting career. Pay is good break is good people are nice. I'm so happy to be part of this company for four years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trillium Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement