Trillium Health Partners
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Trillium Health Partners Employee Reviews

Good employer

Nothing is easy during this pandemic. Stressful job but it’s a job!Managers are doing their best with what they have.Possibility for overtime.I m happy there!

Lovely staff & patients, upper management sucks

Toxic environment in management - they don’t like to be told there are issues, will go in circles to “fix it” without permanent solutions then turn it back on you for being a bad employee. Not a whole lot of diversity at the top which tells you enough about how things work here. Learned a lot of things (like what not to do as management) but really great staff, nurses and patients. The upper management just needs to be reviewed and taught better people management and project skills to solve issues, not create a blame trail or excuses, just take ownership and acknowledge the issues so we can work together for a solution (and hire better managers!)

On the brink of collapse

Management circulates in meetings without getting much accomplished. Old unmanaged work processes make for a stressful and chaotic work environment. Culture of manipulation and false promises.

Pros

Job security

Cons

High stress from treatment by management

Perfect place to work

I love working here and all the staff and team lead are great they are very helpful and supportive and encouraging you all the time and always appreciate your personal achievements and encourage you to support other team members and if there is any issues always be your side for help and guidance

Dissatisfied Employees! Incompetent Management!

Despite the organization sounding too good on paper, reality is far from different. One of the highest staff turnovers among GTA hospitals in the Biomedical Engineering department. Cut-throat competition combined with an incompetent management have led the department into developing a poor work ethics/culture and untrustworthy work environment. The upper management severely lacks the leadership that one would expect to see in a hospital with >5000 staff. The lower management is very busy pleasing the upper management and does not have courage to stand up to it because of which it has been unable to retain its employees.The management has a very rigid way of dealing with its staff and offers no flexibility or adjustments in terms of scheduling. No staff appreciation with none to slim chances of advancement and growth. Ideas that can bring change are not welcome here. Human Resource is imbecile and hiring process is EXPLICITLY laughable. Workplace politics, low pay scale (compared to other hospitals) and biased Human Resources have resulted into a high employee dissatisfaction because of which 5 employees and two managers have left THP within past few years and many more are trying to leave.

Pros

It's a hospital job. You get paid every two weeks.

Cons

No flexibility or adjustments in terms of scheduling, Bad culture, Bad management, Biased HR and very long hiring process

Fun place to work

If you can get your foot in the door, that's your first step. Biases and favoritism run wild at THP, and based on that you WILL be treated differently, purely based on what school you took.

Pros

Paid breaks, 12 hour shifts, easy going pace

Cons

Favoritisn, biases, some unprofessional individuals

Very busy, and productive workplace, but the some how it all works.

Productive, busy, but fun workplace. the perfect balance of everything.Even though the days are long, and it tends to be very busy, the support, the people you work with, and for gives you feeling of satisfaction at the end of every shift.

Pros

Free parking

Great employer

Awesome place to work, feels like family. Management very helpful and supportive of their employees. Great community and health care professionals. Feel happy while doing your job.

No room for advancement, despite high turnover

There is zero chance of career advancement. Only the favored get promoted, even when they lack all of the necessary skills and experience for the job

Pros

The food options are good. It's a hospital job, at least you get paid? Check your stubs to make sure, though...

Cons

Do-more-for-less, never get promoted, never be permitted to sharpen your skills, not well-staffed, not well-trained, not well-scheduled, not well-managed, underappreciated, non-union

Work Experience Overall

Trillium Hospital was a great hospital to work a very good opportunity for me.I got the opportunity to meet some great people in the form as co workers.The management was ok and the work load was productive and ok.Overall I had a fair enough to good experience work there and I will recommend to anyone.

Pros

Good pension plan

Cons

Being called in last minute for a shift

Great Premiums

Great BenefitsGreat ManagementFlexible schedulesHelping othersOffice ManagementPhone EtiquetteProfessional EnvironmentShift PremiumsOvernight Premium

Excellent place to work and learn each day.

It has been a privilege working for Trillium Health Partners. I enjoyed my work as a Teaching Assistant and part of the Training team for Epic Software Implementation and Support. It was a valuable experience during the Epic Go live process and thereafter for 2 months providing hands-on support for the Health care staff and Providers in M,C and Q sites of THP.I would love another opportunity to be a part of this pioneering organization.

Pros

Good work culture, safe and hygienic practices during the pandemic.

Cons

Shifts were long but not tiresome as we were quite busy and enthusiastic.

Co-workers and wages are great

I love the people I work with and the wage and compensation package is good (I will admit I don't have a lot to compare it to but it works for me). However, I have had issues with some managers being shall we say shady. Promising things to some coworkers and not others, not going through proper channels to make changes to contracts, playing favourites, and just generally not being trustworthy. This is my experience of three different managers, but certainly not all.

poor

i have been working in the health and safety for 7 1/2 years always complied to my job responsibilities my job requirements were to see everything in the hospital was safe under the health and safety of ontario act so one month before christmas of 2018 i had noticed the trash bins in the back had body parts hanging out someone had disposed of incorrectly and i had reported it the very next day i saw some peoples filed documents of medical reports flying around in the back parking lot and again a bunch of peoples documents were flying around out of the trash can those were peoples medical files personal ones this was the last draw i went head executive and reported it very next day i was in office i was told rudely to inform my boss before head quorters i told him in the office as my job i am to inquire anyone at the time about the safety procedure so one week i was treated bad and after second week i was called to be terminated from my job excuse was i was not complying to all my responsibilities on the job but i was so i filed a report never got my job back got a pay out from ei for being fired and this hospital never answer there phones even there sitting there trillium mississauga wurse place to work ever

Pros

one 20 min lunch brakes

Cons

Working with health care team to give top quality care

Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced inter professional team environment . Strong physical assessment skills . Promotes and practice patient safety emphasizing highest quality patient focused care

Pros

Hard work, long hours and quality care

Porter

The one poor thing about working here is some of the management. When their personal cell phones ring, they pretend it's another supervisor calling, as i caught them being false. Then other management have a procedure in place, and don't even follow it themselves. Quite disorganized. Other than that, helping other people in the community and getting my exercise and working as a team with other staff is very good.

Pros

team work, helping the community

Cons

management

Fun place to work

Great place to work , great people to work with , friendly place to work less stressful , there is a lot overtime they give people a chance to make more money

Good

Good company hard to achieve a full time position great workers great atmosphere difficult to secure a permanent position That’s all I would like to disclose

Work environment is horrible

Lots of bullies who get away with their behaviour because they have been there forever. Management does nothing about and if anything the person being affected is actually the one that gets reprimanded and told to "make it work".

Pros

Salary was good

Cons

Bullies dont get in trouble

Awesome and friendly

Their staff was so welcoming; a great opportunity for learning and growth. It might be challenging at first but there is always the satisfaction of enriching people's lives.

Awesome

Awesoem all the way. Place to work . Very productive and fun work place. Management is easy to communicate with . Overall very good experience working at this hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trillium Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement