Trillium Health Partners Employee Reviews

internship expereince
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2018
enjoyable internship experience with very experienced nurses and hospital staff. able to provide stats that caused a change in the occupational and professional lives of a nurse
Getting more stressful with less nurses and resources
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
Looking for a smaller workplace environment. Higher volumes greater acuity and less time spent on personal patient care is what drives me out of my current position.
Hospital pharmacy after 25 years has become routine would like opportunities to teach more
Registered Pharmacy Tecbnician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2018
Working as a pharmacy technician for over 25 years has kept me employed and I had opportunities in the hospital field to assist me professionally and personally.
patient coordinator
Patient Education Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2018
I volunteered at Trillium Health Partners part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well known for service provided to patients.

Cons

Great place to work so no cons

Advice to Management

Great management
Professional Environment
Communications Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
Very fast paced, busy, great team work though.

The work-life balance can be a challenge.

Very supportive team environment.

Very high expectations from leaders can occur frequently.
Every class was different and interesting!
Childbirth Educator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2018
I loved working as a Childbirth Educator for this hospital. The adult students were a joy to teach and were very interested in learning all about what to expect during labour, birth, postpartum and breastfeeding.

Every class was a different dynamic, depending on the participants. Some were introverted, some were extroverts, some were very keen to learn, and some (especially the dads-to-be) were bored! I learned quickly that you can't please everyone, so just do the very best you can to make classes fun and interesting and use humour as an ice-breaker. People would often come to me after class to express how much they enjoyed the class and that my humour made it fun, interesting and the time went fast. Occasionally, I received a standing ovation, which always took me by surprise!

Due to cost, the hospital decided to discontinue offering Prenatal Classes, so sadly, I was let go. I still miss teaching and interacting with others, but because I am not a nurse, it is impossible for me to teach for any of the Regional Health Units, and there are no local hospitals offering Prenatal Classes.
Pros
Lots of diversity, lots of top quality materials to use for teaching.
Cons
Having to set up and tear down for each class.
Engaging and productive workplace
H.E.L.P Research Program - Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2018
I was volunteering once a week for four hours. During the four hours I would either work with dementia patients by providing them with cognitive and physical therapy, and collect and record data that tracks the cognitive progression of the patients

I learned how to better communicate with others. I had to work with patients that have a mental illness and I had to learn their needs and provide service based on those needs.
Since I was in charge of collecting and recording data, I learned how to track and analyze data collected

The hardest part of the job was to see a patient that has been part of the program for a long time and not get better. But the best part of the job is going back to a patient and them remembering who you are and getting better through their time in the program.
Good work/volunteer environment
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2018
Excellent management toward volunteers and student volunteers. It was a great environment to work in and most of the Trillium Health Partners' staff have been helpful to any of my needs.
great co workers
UNIT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT (UCA) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 January 2018
Great benefits when full time, and great pension plan with HOOPP (healthcare of Ontario pension plan) which will move with you from one healthcare related job to the next.
productive workplace with great co workers
CLINIC CLERICAL ASSISTANT (CCA) (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 January 2018
Health care is a fast paced environment, learned a lot about patient care and our health care system in Canada. Would recommend a job in healthcare to anyone who loves to help people and is able to work in a stressful environment.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
stressful
Very clean work place, with great people to work with
Production Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON18 January 2018
On a typical day I would, clean the main rooms, and the tanks that held the product. great people/ management to work with. I learned how to drive a forklift, and how to work with SOP
Pros
great people to work with, and lots of hours/ overtime
Cons
sometimes alot of downtime, hard to kill time sometimes
N/a
Administration/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 January 2018
I enjoy working well on this team of being apart of the Trillium Health Partners . I enjoy assisting on important events for THP Hospital. hard worker.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
nursing student
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
typical day: patient bed side care
lessons: empathy, critical nursing skills, bedside manners
workplace: helpful and resourceful
con: internship - no pay
Pros
teaching hospital
Cons
internship - no pay
Nursing student
HEALTH CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
typical day: patient bed side care
lessons: empathy, critical nursing skills, bedside manners
workplace: helpful and resourceful
con: internship - no pay
Pros
teaching hospital
Cons
internship - no pay
Great hospital but nepotism, bias in some deparments
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
It's really great hospital, however, there are some bias and nepotism.
Some staff members are not much knowledgeable and competent. They were hired because managers have some connections to them.. that's all
Good thing is that at some departments most staff are passionate and compassionate and they provide excellent patient service.
Pros
Teaching hospitl care, excellent CEO, doctors.
Cons
Toxic environment, unqualified staff and nepotism may affect the quality of patient care
Close to home
MDR Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga28 December 2017
It's always an eventful coming in to work. Learned a lot from vendors, OR staffs who had been helpful and willing to share their knowledge to me. Always maintained an excellent work relationship with the OR staffs, nurses and surgeons.
Pros
Respect and appreciation
Cons
keeping an eye on staffs all the time, but not all staffs
Great place to work - but high stress
Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
The patients served and the services offered here require a psychologist with interdisciplinary training. Great teams. Not enough staff to meet patient needs.
Pros
Dedicated teams
Cons
Not enough space or resources
Working at THP
Graphic Design and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2017
It's fun, and I get along with everyone. I still visit the office. The typical day was very quiet, everyone is independently completing their own list of tasks they need to get done. Everyone is incredibly supportive and it is such a great environment to be in.
Pros
Lunch parties
Cons
sitting
Great interprofessional teamwork
Registered Practical Nurse Temp. Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2017
- staff is helpful
- management approachable
- plenty of chances for advancing education
- 4-5 patients during the day, charge nurses try to balance patients between nurses
- 6-7 patients during night shifts
- sometimes has psw's to help with heavy load patients
- 0 job security
Very good working environment
HR Administrative Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2017
Very friendly working atmosphere. Management interacts with all staff. Encourages career advancement for its employees. Working hours are most flexible.
Pros
Good working environment. Great people to work with
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trillium Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2