Trillium Health Partners Employee Reviews

Get your experience and move on
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2019
This is a big organization with three big hospital sites. I am working as a Patient Service Representative which is basically housekeeping. Some of the staff are great but the ones that have been there a long time are sneaky and toxic and take advantage of new people. So know your rights and duties. Sometimes work load can be unfair because other people on the floor don’t do their part or ignore discharges and run home leaving you with their rooms to do.

Management does nothing about the long time employees that take very long breaks and don’t even stay on the floor. Rumour has it management fears them because those employees can complain to the union and get them out.

If you go there as a new hire don’t be needy to management about trivial things such as where is such and such. Take initiative be friendly with other employees and they can show you a lot about how things work. Management likes when new hires catch on fast.

I was hired part time and in the beginning got great shifts like full time hours in a week. But recently they hired a lot of people and your lucky if you get 3 shifts in a week.

The challenging part is also the rotating shifts. You can go from mornings to afternoons to overnight shifts in different departments. It can be challenging especially if you have kids. They also call you to pick up shifts randomly.
Pros
You gain experience in different departments, new staff are friendly
Cons
You pay monthly parking, longtime staffs are toxic
Loved the area
sonography student (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 March 2019
All the staff were very kind and very caring to patients and to each other as a medical team. Genuinely cared for the patients with safety in mind. Great.
Pros
Tim Hortons wifi
Cons
can get busy
Satisfying
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2019
Enjoyed working at Trillium Health Partners for 15 years, now looking for a new experience. I have really enjoyed working in the Head Hunting field and looking to expand.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
time to retire from emergency nursing
Good Place to work
Manager, Collaborative Learning and Simulation (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2019
Great staff, patient focused. Desire to advance quality improvement in medicine. Health focused. Team based. Large organization. Committment to excellence in health.
Work life balance is horrible and extremly stressful
Hospitality Associate - permanant part time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2019
As a part time hospitality staff member who has worked here for 6.5 years, i have no guarentee of hours. Scheduled 45 hours in six weeks. On call and expected to drop everything to come into work. Management does not care about part time staff. Horribly stressfull to try to live on 15 hours in two weeks.
Pay is good per hour but when you are only getting 45 hours in six weeks, doesn't really help.
Pros
Pay per hour
Cons
Very little hours scheduled
I love my job!
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2019
This is a hospital that lives by it's motto "Better Together"! I have never found empowering managers and staff anywhere else. There is a great culture with amazing and supportive peers. This hospital fully engages its employees, through professional development and of course the job security and flexibility doesn't hurt.
Pros
Benefits, workshops, competitive salary and flexibility
Cons
Takes a while to move up to a full time position, so I've heard.
work at trillium
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2019
have to be able to work all the time, the people you come across and work with are very nice and kind. the job itself may be a little heavy on the body ,the money is good
Awesome
Finance Lead for HIS / EMR Implementation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2019
Very Comfortable and staff are very friendly. The work culture is very professional and humane.
There are some days which are busy but very few and far.
Good Company to work for
RENAL CLERICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2019
Checking in patients for their treatment. I have learned to have more empathy, patience. Management is fair, workplace culture very friendly and helpful. hardest part of the job seeing the patients in distress. enjoyable part of the job talking to the patients and their family.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
shift work
Good place to work, helping the community
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2019
standard hours of work
lots of learning over the course of career at the hospital
multicultural workplace
big organization
helping people
good people to work with
Pros
local to home, healthcare is interesting
Cons
slower to make change than in private industry, difficult to move up
Great experience
Observership (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2018
I had a great opportunity to learn about medical cases. Everyone was amazing. Faculty members, students and residents are knowledgeable. People - enjoyed working with.
It is okay but the pay for what we have to deal with is not worth it.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 December 2018
We would have to come in, get briefed on what happened with the last shift then take over and do your daily tasks, I was mostly at night and sometimes that dealt with much worse people or it was so dead that you can't do much to pass the time.
Pros
Co-workers are nice to work with.
Cons
Pay is lacking for the type of work.
Great clinical leader, some flexibility
Clinical Case Manager, ReLinc Team (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2018
Have been here for 13 years and it is a wonderful place to work. The job can be stressful or easy depending on what is happening with clients. I have found my boss to be supportive and wonderful. During the day I visit clients in the community with severe and persistent mental illnesses. I help clients with a myriad of things from finding housing to applying for benefits, to having more meaningful activity in their day. Soemtimes the job is very draining.
Pros
Great boss, great pay, some flexibility
Cons
stressful work with clients
I love
Porter (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2018
I really enjoy every thing about my job, example, helping caring patients delivering Medication from pharmacy to the floors,Delivering instruments to the whole hospital, bringing surgical cars to the OR helping visitors with directions, etc.
Nurse Managers can't be trusted, hostile environemnt
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2018
Am a former nurse ..avoid Trillium Health Partners. Nurse Managers don't know anything. They are old outdated managers and they lie so much too. Fortunately there is a Union (ONA) here but its is not enough. Don't get me wrong Union is still very important & its needed cause of the nurse horrible managers. There are better Hospitals to work in Toronto or GTA...
Pros
okay parking space
Cons
Workplace Violence, no one can be trusted, management needs an overhaul
lab technician
Lab Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2018
greet patients
introduce myself
explain in detail what tests
will be performed
answer any questions
calm and help ease the
patient
complete all documentation
and chart all procedures
performed on patients
Pros
Great job
Cons
Often patients can be very critical
incompetent management, bad culture,very biased HR staff
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2018
I worked here quite some time. I would management is by far the worst.

To summarize:
-Incompetent & untrustworthy management
-Bad work culture
-very biased HR staff
Pros
hospital serves good thriving community
Cons
bad management
the last place you want to work
Intensive Care Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2018
overload work
unprofessional management
unwilling to cooperate or change
biased employment
lack of professional relationships
loby in work environment
Great place to work with a great culture and very nice staff
LICENSED PLUMBER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2018
Great place to work. A typical day at work consists of receiving work orders created by hospital staff to repair or install plumbing related matters from plugged toilets, leaky faucets, blocked drains, installation of new fixtures to larger scale plumbing projects.
CIHI-NRS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2018
I don't want to write a review, but if make me I will say it is a great place to work. It has great benefits, salary, work life balance and lots of other benefits too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trillium Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Trillium Health Partners Reviews by Location