Trillium Health Partners
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Trillium Health Partners Employee Reviews

Canada237 reviews

Worked here 7 years

Hired initially as a Clinical Extern and now RN. Not unionized but pay is the same as other unionized hospitals. Paid education days. Great team, but depends on the unit. Benefits could be much better

Pros

team

benefits

Good experience

Sometime its very busy when they are short staffed. Limited help from co workers. Have to work almost every weekend as a part timer. Overall good experience.

Insights into Trillium Health Partners

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

You must be already rich to work here or you’ll loose everything

Sadly to say a lot of the Fulltime HA should be fired some are Extremely Lazy , do noting all week then wait for the part time to come in and work like a dog … they over hire so you will not get much shifts FUN FACT you can’t live off 2 shifts out of 14 days no one can also giving people who have less that 20 hrs a week a 4hrs shift is disrespectful … they need to do better very disappointing why make the hospital biggers if they couldn’t maintain this half good , Wouldn’t bring my family here

Pros

The pay

Cons

Hours & disrespect

amazing

Always look forward to work with them whenever I get an opportunity. The staff is really helpful and always make sure that you understand the task given.

Great team work, and people to work with.

Feels like big family. Great management. Even if you had a rough shift, at the end of the day working along side your amazing work family who are there for you , makes it all well worth it.

Pros

Teamwork, positivity.

Cons

Long hours but that what hospital nursing comes with.

Large hospital with many different specialty floors

Work day consisted of team rounds, patient visits, and documenting. Great team. Pay was as expected in public sector, not enough to keep up with increasing cost of living.

Stay away!

There is an heirarchy at Trillium, and as a Registered Nurse you'll be at the bottom. The managers lead you to believe that your opinions and ideas are valued but in the end they do whatever suits them, and their budgets. Moral is bad in most departments. This place will suck the life out of you... And that was before COVID.

Amazing and productive workplace to work in

Truly an amazing place to work in. Everyone so friendly and staff. Just very competitive to get in. But once you’re in you can transfer from unit to unit and it’s just great

No safety.terrible spot to work

Thumbs down look somewhere ealse.no safety plan.look the other way. Do not rely on help.buy the way watch your pay they are sneaky.They can’t keep people because of the people.

Pros

Cons

To many to list

Good place as a contract position

This was a cool place to work mainly because they hired young people and it was a great collaborative learning environment. Management isnt the best but I was on. a contract position - if you get a contract you will most likely become extended

Pros

- if you get a contract you will most likely become extended, - you can then apply internally and get another job

Cons

all about favouritism to get promoted

Too stressful

The Credit Valley hospital is a Non union hospitals, low pay and poor benefits, No work, No pay. If you get Covid in or out of work you will not be paid. My son got Covid and need to take a time off. No family leave pay.

Pros

3 months schedule in advance

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits

Terrible Management

My employer replied to emails (which I hardly sent) maybe 1-2 weeks later but made sure to take time micro-managing when checking in. Training backfired on me. Everyone had a different method for performing the same tasks, and according to each person, was supposed to be done in their specific way? Also, inappropriate, harsh, and belittling language used in the workplace! I liked talking with the patients and my coworkers, but my management..... NOT okay.

Pros

Flexible lunch hour

Cons

Best place to work. My experience was awesome. Hoping to get back someday

Best place to work. My experience was awesome. Hoping to get back someday. Recruitment process is easy and transparent, pay is highly competitive, staff are friendly and protective. You can be assured of regular trainings

Pros

Work environment, staff culture, benefits, etc

My greatest joy at Trillium was my Colleagues...some truly amazing individuals.

I was always heard...my ideas always mattered. Trillium was the most empowering place I ever worked. I felt cared about. Their insurer is also out-of-this-world.

Pros

You have a voice at Trillium.

Cons

I had a difficult manager once but the hospital insurance company resolved this by relocating me.

Lots of overtime available, serious staff shortage though.

Good work culture. Same pay as any other hospital. Severe staffing turn over. Constantly short staffed. Management is okay. Lots of learning opportunities.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Well staffed. Less stressful than retail. Inefficient at times

Well staffed in most places. Get regular breaks. Unfortunately there are salary caps and difficult to get a full time position. Big organization so less personal than smaller places.

Horrible culture and management

No job stability, always fearful about being blamed for something missing. Working short all the time and no overtime approval. Do lots of paper work and clerk duties and cleaning

Pros

Team

Cons

Stressful

Fun place to work and learn new things

I enjoyed my time at THP. It was a fun place to work and learn at the same time. Some are nice some are not but its normal to have that in any workplace The training here is useful and can be an advantage for future jobs. Overall, I am happy with THP.

Pros

Educational, training, long breaks

Cons

Very clique and people like to work with friends only.

Good employer

Nothing is easy during this pandemic. Stressful job but it’s a job!Managers are doing their best with what they have.Possibility for overtime.I m happy there!

Lovely staff & patients, upper management sucks

Toxic environment in management - they don’t like to be told there are issues, will go in circles to “fix it” without permanent solutions then turn it back on you for being a bad employee. Not a whole lot of diversity at the top which tells you enough about how things work here. Learned a lot of things (like what not to do as management) but really great staff, nurses and patients. The upper management just needs to be reviewed and taught better people management and project skills to solve issues, not create a blame trail or excuses, just take ownership and acknowledge the issues so we can work together for a solution (and hire better managers!)

On the brink of collapse

Management circulates in meetings without getting much accomplished. Old unmanaged work processes make for a stressful and chaotic work environment. Culture of manipulation and false promises.

Pros

Job security

Cons

High stress from treatment by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trillium Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement