Trico Homes Employee Reviews

Below Average
Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2018
I’ll start off with the positives about my experience with Trico. They do support a good work life balance with every second Friday being a half day. I believe the pay was fair and they have a good benefits plan. Now to the downside which is a much longer list than the positives. I was hired with Trico because of my education into a Site Assistant position with the intention of moving me to a site supervisor. This is hard to achieve when half of your job is picking up garbage. I did what I had to do though and learned what I could. There are no development plans to my knowledge, they do have these “win-win” agreements but they were made the same for every one and never followed up on. My whole time there I was never given a formal review or even much feed back. This is not a position that you need a post secondary education for as they require in their job ad.
Pros
Pay, benifits, half days
Cons
Under utilized, no development
Fun but people also got things done
Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2018
The people were nice and patient about teaching me new skills about my responsibilities as an intern. Everyone in my department worked hard but also had time to calm down and take breaks.
Pros
Sometimes there was free food in the kitchen
Trico Homes
Warranty Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2018
The Warranty manager is the worse boss to work for. Their moto is to spend NO money on warranty even if Trico is clearly in the wrong. Technicians cannot do the right thing when it comes to helping their customers. Her negative against customers & employees makes it a toxic environment.
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
Management, toxic environment
Official response from Trico Homes
24 April 2018

Trico Homes warranty department has some of the most positive on line reviews and survey scores in the city. They are extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of the warranty program with many of them working for this department as long as 10 years. Trico Homes follows the Government warranty and will always fix any item that falls within those guidelines. Our warranty manager has worked with Trico Homes for 11 years and has an excellent track record in the area of customer service, professionalism and leadership. She has taught many courses in Customer Service, Leadership and Lean Six Sigma. We hold our Service Technicians to a high standard of customer service, organization, professionalism and educating their customers on Homeowner Maintenance and repair.

Great company to be a contractor
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2017
Trico Homes has given the opportunity to work with a variety of professional people. I learned to communicate and become a better speaker. I was very Grateful for the experiences.
Horribly disorganized.....
Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
Top and middle managers fly by the seat of their pants. Upper management comes up with new strategies to implement but half way through (after doing a lot of work), they change their minds and start something new. Every day at work there is a wasted day. They seem to "lay off" middle managers every two years. Highly discourage anyone from ever attempting to work there.
Pros
The owner brings in food every once in a while.
Cons
The owners.
Great place to learn
Service & Warranty Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
I had the privilege to work for a company that offered a competitive salary and great benefits. A typical work day was 9-5 Mon-Fri with a half day every other Friday off.
Pros
every other half day Friday off
Cons
under-utilized
Terrible!
Site (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2015
Horrible place to work at! Worked there a few years ago and could not believe I lasted the 3 years I did. Management is awful. Talk continuously about a "culture" that has never existed. Maybe a maximum of 15 people that have lasted longer than 3 years.
Great place to Start my Real Estate Career
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2014
Great place to work for a lot of years. Learned a lot and was given great opportunity's to take different courses and have mentor ship.
Managed a large team of Sales people and learned the delicate balance of dealing with a lot of different personality's. Taking direction from ownership and then implementing it on a daily basis to the team members with a common goal was a challenging but rewarding experience. Hiring my own staff taught me a lot as to what to look for as well as learning from my mistakes. Hardest part of the job was managing expectations from both Senior management and the Sales team.
At that time Trico had a very good working environment and was a great place to work where you felt valued and respected everyday.
Pros
Great work inviroment and learning opportunities
Cons
Location of main office and long work hours including weekends
First New Home Sales position, very exciting, they promoted my construction background as an asset.
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta19 June 2013
Visit office each day, then on to sales area to check sites and homes under construction
Learned how to present the paper work required to complete a sale
Driven
Very good
Working with developer
Selling New homes
Pros
Bonuses and team spirit
Cons
Office parking or the lack of.
Disorganization made things more difficult than necissary
ONLINE MARKETING STRATEGIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2013
Long hours with minimal direction/team work. Dissatisfied overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trico Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Trico Homes Reviews by Location