Trico Homes

Trico Homes Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
A great place to accelerate your career; young vibrant team. The company is family owned and operated; you feel like an extended member of the family. My sales manager was inexperienced.
The treatment of sales staff at this company is horrendous. The office staff is pitted against the field sales staff, always making us feel like we are in the wrong and are not doing our jobs properly. My sales manager at the time did her best but was stretched thin and over worked managing such a large team. I learned a lot working there but only from my fellow colleagues, no support from the office- often told to just go ask someone else or figure it out on my own.
Pros
Locally owned
Cons
Budget constraints, low pay, difficult staff in the office
This job was one of my favourite jobs I’ve ever had! The management and fellow employees were warm and inviting, the work site was beautiful and I settled in easily and happily. Wish I could have stayed longer.
If you're looking for a job that allows personal and career growth, keep looking.

In 10 plus years in the new home industry I have never seen a company so full of nepotism and solely based on who you know not how good you are at your job. The company offers next to no job training and the management/ HR team pride themselves on all staff living in fear of losing their jobs, and the wages reflect that. Management is totally clueless how the construction department has changed in the last year and the new manager and he buddies who run the NE spend most of their days "in meetings" at local pubs then driving home out to south of the city. Other staff use their company trucks to do side jobs when they are not working no the side as a spiritual councillor.

The service department prides themselves on doing as little as possible, and spending zero dollars unless forced too, it has been proven if you want your home fixed you have to leave a nasty homestars review. I have seen the manager of that department confused on how a window screen pops out.... yet they are in charge.... go figure

Personally if you're looking for work and can afford to pass on Trico I would recommend It. The Management team really push culture etc etc and have a Bunch of useless classes (7 habits etc etc) that look great on paper but they do not follow them and one day they will tell you your doing a great job then the next they lay you off.
Pros
Clueless management, all Staff bond together in fear
Cons
Managers, Service, Hr, Construction
The pay was great
Staff was friendly

Fun and great environment

Typical day at work tear down and demolish unsound structures and building elements, clean up jobsite debris and prepare work area.
I’ll start off with the positives about my experience with Trico. They do support a good work life balance with every second Friday being a half day. I believe the pay was fair and they have a good benefits plan. Now to the downside which is a much longer list than the positives. I was hired with Trico because of my education into a Site Assistant position with the intention of moving me to a site supervisor. This is hard to achieve when half of your job is picking up garbage. I did what I had to do though and learned what I could. There are no development plans to my knowledge, they do have these “win-win” agreements but they were made the same for every one and never followed up on. My whole time there I was never given a formal review or even much feed back. This is not a position that you need a post secondary education for as they require in their job ad.
Pros
Pay, benifits, half days
Cons
Under utilized, no development
The people were nice and patient about teaching me new skills about my responsibilities as an intern. Everyone in my department worked hard but also had time to calm down and take breaks.
Pros
Sometimes there was free food in the kitchen
The Warranty manager is the worse boss to work for. Their moto is to spend NO money on warranty even if Trico is clearly in the wrong. Technicians cannot do the right thing when it comes to helping their customers. Her negative against customers & employees makes it a toxic environment.
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
Management, toxic environment
Official response from Trico Homes
24 April 2018
Trico Homes warranty department has some of the most positive on line reviews and survey scores in the city. They are extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of the warranty program with many of them working for this department as long as 10 years. Trico Homes follows the Government warranty and will always fix any item that falls within those guidelines. Our warranty manager has worked with Trico Homes for 11 years and has an excellent track record in the area of customer service, professionalism and leadership. She has taught many courses in Customer Service, Leadership and Lean Six Sigma. We hold our Service Technicians to a high standard of customer service, organization, professionalism and educating their customers on Homeowner Maintenance and repair.
Trico Homes has given the opportunity to work with a variety of professional people. I learned to communicate and become a better speaker. I was very Grateful for the experiences.
Top and middle managers fly by the seat of their pants. Upper management comes up with new strategies to implement but half way through (after doing a lot of work), they change their minds and start something new. Every day at work there is a wasted day. They seem to "lay off" middle managers every two years. Highly discourage anyone from ever attempting to work there.
Pros
The owner brings in food every once in a while.
Cons
The owners.
I had the privilege to work for a company that offered a competitive salary and great benefits. A typical work day was 9-5 Mon-Fri with a half day every other Friday off.
Pros
every other half day Friday off
Cons
under-utilized
Horrible place to work at! Worked there a few years ago and could not believe I lasted the 3 years I did. Management is awful. Talk continuously about a "culture" that has never existed. Maybe a maximum of 15 people that have lasted longer than 3 years.
Cons
Great place to work for a lot of years. Learned a lot and was given great opportunity's to take different courses and have mentor ship.
Managed a large team of Sales people and learned the delicate balance of dealing with a lot of different personality's. Taking direction from ownership and then implementing it on a daily basis to the team members with a common goal was a challenging but rewarding experience. Hiring my own staff taught me a lot as to what to look for as well as learning from my mistakes. Hardest part of the job was managing expectations from both Senior management and the Sales team.

At that time Trico had a very good working environment and was a great place to work where you felt valued and respected everyday.
Pros
Great work inviroment and learning opportunities
Cons
Location of main office and long work hours including weekends
Visit office each day, then on to sales area to check sites and homes under construction
Learned how to present the paper work required to complete a sale

Driven

Very good

Working with developer

Selling New homes
Pros
Bonuses and team spirit
Cons
Office parking or the lack of.
Long hours with minimal direction/team work. Dissatisfied overall