Trican Well Service Employee Review

View all Trican Well Service reviews

Bait and Switch!
Administration (Former Employee) –  Clairmont (Grande Prairie) AB6 February 2013
In Trican's generic job postings for administrative positions they write:

What Makes Us Attractive:
•Excellent base salary with one of the best benefit programs in the industry
•Long-term commitment, including a training and career development program
•Above-average career advancement opportunities

These where what drew me to the company. Benefits are very good the only truth the the above 3 statements. Base salary is average and is all the same regardless of your experience. I found out I was getting paid the same as the receptionist that had less than a year experience and I had over 8. They do not believe in giving raises (after three months, a year or even if you change to a position with more responsability eg. accounts payable to accounts recievable).
They do not let administrative staff go for training and they do not give you a timely performance review or have you set up in a career development program. The only "above-average career advancement opportunities" are if someone gets fed up before you do.
You will get 2 weeks vacation but you are not allowed to go on a two week vacation until you have been with the company for a year. You can go on a one week vacation after 6 months of service. Not a week before. They claim they are family friendly, not true, if you have kids, you better hope they never get sick or need you at any time between 8-5.
Expect to hear sexist remarks from Management.Expect your direct manager to blame everything on the Base Manager or Calgary. She will not support or fight for you. She is just a puppet.

Ladies I worked with were great.

Wishing
  more... I had known all of this before I started.  less
Pros
benefits
Cons
office politics, poor salary and career advancement

Other Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

Absolutely loved this job!
Bulkplant Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC30 March 2018
This job is demanding, hurry up and wait, time sensitive and not for the faint of heart. But when you have a great crew they seem like your family. I was willing to learn anything and everything I could and they gave me that. There was no judgement as to my strengths or weaknesses and if I needed help, someone was right there to guide me.
Pros
great benifets, good raises, very safety orientated
Cons
Long hours, call outs anytime of day, missed holidays/important dates due to work schedule
Good place to work when its busy
Sr. Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
Things were very good with Trican when the O&G industry was busy.

Not so much when things slowed down.

The culture changed when they brought in a new Manager and it went down hill from there.