Trican Well Service Employee Review

View all Trican Well Service reviews

A good company to work for but has huge problems
Purchaser/Partsperson (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 February 2013
I spent 3 years with Trican as a Parts Person for Down Hole Tools. I was the only person working in teh Storeroom and had to do all tasks pertinent to operating a warehouse/storeroom. I looked after 5 geographical regions for downhole tools and as the workload increased so did the problems. It wasn't long before I discovered there was no opportunity for advancement as a Parts Person, my years of experience didn't matter, nor did my opinion about the operation of the Storeroom. Offers to change the operation were made but only meant more work for me to do, adding to the stress already present.
It's great place for advancement if you are a Coil Tubing Operator, Tool Technician, Frac Operator or any other Field position, but if you;re a supporting trade/position you can forget it. They hire outside people who are unqualified for management positions. Case in point - New Supply Chain Manager for Completions Systems and Downhole Tools is a Registered Engineering Technologist with no knowlege or experience in Supply Chain Management. Why would any company put someone in such a position with no knowledge/experience whatsoever?? The "old boys Club" mentality is still alive and doing fine in the oilfield.
Pros
great pay and benefits - if that's all you;re looking for then it's a great company to work for.
Cons
management says they have an open door policy, sure, you can go in and talk to them b ut they won;t do anything about the problems you discuss.

Other Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

Absolutely loved this job!
Bulkplant Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC30 March 2018
This job is demanding, hurry up and wait, time sensitive and not for the faint of heart. But when you have a great crew they seem like your family. I was willing to learn anything and everything I could and they gave me that. There was no judgement as to my strengths or weaknesses and if I needed help, someone was right there to guide me.
Pros
great benifets, good raises, very safety orientated
Cons
Long hours, call outs anytime of day, missed holidays/important dates due to work schedule
Good place to work when its busy
Sr. Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
Things were very good with Trican when the O&G industry was busy.

Not so much when things slowed down.

The culture changed when they brought in a new Manager and it went down hill from there.