Tri-Line Carriers

Tri-Line Carriers Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews

worktimemanagementhourgoodpaygreatworking

Great atmosphere to work, great people.

Listen, I am a part of the management team so feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt. I know there are issues but the issues are no different that you find in many companies within the trucking industry. One thing I can say is the people that work here care about the work they are doing, they care about solving any problems that arise using a collaborative approach. We are flexible with our driving fleet and we have plenty of work to go around. At the end of the day we want to be able to get our drivers home safe and service our customers to the best of our abilities.

Pros

Great Dispatch group, multiple divisions provide ample opportunity to change up your work and work with great people.

Cons

Maintenance, shop time/parts have been an issue due to industry pressure.

They bought out company

Old trucks always having to move gear and belongings from truck to truck.made you feel guilty if you did not take run if you were over houred they did not care. They push you out of a position so they can get their friends on no food allowance or cell allowance spent over 400 a month on food typical big company you are a number expected to work long hours for low pay

Insights into Tri-Line Carriers

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Nice company but ….

It is a very very good company, good colleagues, good workers, good benefits, good workplace, unfortunately it does not have a good administration, it needs better managers, with a better quality of knowledge. I am sure that this good company will be a great blessing for many beneficiary families. God bless the owners.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Bud managers. Not good administration. Actually bad managers.

Depends on which division you work in.

Tri-Line carriers is an over all good place to work. Easy e-logs, you are home every night and weekends, depending on the division. Equipment programing is left to be desired. Most are automatic transmission. Some management are easy to get along with. Pleasant to deal with. Hard to contact when needed. Supportive in many areas. No need to go above and beyond with Tri-Line. Waste division is unionized. Teamsters are a great union.

Pros

Very easy going.

Cons

Inability to get a hold of someone during an emergency.

One of the best trucking companies I have worked for

I was a long haul owner operator on the flatbed division for almost exactly 5 years. I purchased my truck through Tri-line and the the month of the last payment to pay it off the engine was done. That's why I left. While I was there I was treated very well they even went above and beyond during the time when the engine went out the first time while still under warranty. They paid me for the 2 weeks I was down. I'll leave it at that.

Camp Life

I was tasked with a camp position. Fly in for 3 out for 1 week. Tri Line had a good handle on set up. They were learning about the mine work involved, but used experience from other ventures. When I experienced difficulties the management team Always had answers. I was impressed.

It a good place for flat deck work

I was brought in by triline after they purchased the company I was working for been here 11 months been really good staff are friendly treat you family

Nice people

Contract was erratic and out of tri- lines control but over all great place to work. Hour suited me and when time was required for myself it was provided. Staff are great people

stay away.

Waste division is poorly managed. Expect to work EVERY statutory holiday, except Christmas and New Years Day. Enforcement of company rules is uneven and unfair. One driver will be singled out for discipline for some minor enfraction, while another will not. Lots of unpaid wait time.

Pros

good pay, home every day

Cons

Long hours, unpaid wait time.

Never had a problem guys were great and helped me when i needed it still if im in the area will stop and talk

Drove truck never a problem co workers were great office staff and service were wonderful all worked together when I left was the guys were helping so much over the death of my mom and father in law figured it was unfair but company is great would like to go back open to any position you have a great day

not enjoyable

This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. more like working in a daycare. more gossip and favoritism than facts. very poorly run. unhappy to have worked there

Not the place for me.

The pay is below industry standards and there is never any guaranteed work. There must have been a misunderstanding because when I was hired I was told my shift would be an early morning shift but it turned out to be late evening.

Pros

Home every day

Cons

Too much time off, low pay, long shifts

Best place I’ve worked since arriving in Canada

Triline is a wonderful place to work if you are willing to work. They have a great attitude about dispatch and driver/owner in the business. I have no problem getting home when I let them know when, they have helped me when I need it (repairs), also I feel that the miles are there if you want them and I don’t think I’ve sat more than twice in 18 months but I got something for that. Everyone wants more but to be happy with your job is a start as we spend most of our time at work.

Pros

Understanding

Cons

Facilities at some depots

one of the worst places i have ever worked

load rates are so low for amount of time it takes to do. dont believe anything management says. you will be putting in alot of free unpaid hours. good luck working there

Pros

smell and filth

Cons

everything else

Official response from Tri-Line Carriers

2 January 2019
Working on the Edmonton Waste Run is a challenge and we hope that we have taken the right steps with the staff at the landfill to improve these conditions for our future drivers.

Tri Line has a solid customer base. The company is willing to work with your schedule and tries to be accommodating whenever possible. You are expected to keep daily logs and do regular inspections of your vehicle.

Would never work there again

I choose not to review, this was not a pleasant experience for me. I was over worked under previous management and not treated well. Leaving was the best thing I did.

great pay but lacks knowledge of industry

Management has no trucking experience and has no idea how to run a company. Drivers have to guess how to avoid being fired or punished by people who know nothing about the rules or job.

Pros

High pay.

Cons

Lack of knowledge from managment.

Its a great place

I get to do what I love everyday, my workmates are incredibly awesome, they are very friendly. They are all very helpful when working on the truck in the yard.

A Good Place to be!

Tri-Line Carriers treats its employees and Drivers like Family. The office is very welcoming, and professional. The employees are very friendly and helpful. Tri-Lines pay structure is very competitive. There is a great deal of importance put on family time and everyone is encouraged to take vacations when they need to. Management is very involved and helpful in all areas of the business. The business has 4 divisions which allows for the company to operate successfully even when one of the business units is slower. Drivers are encouraged to change divisions if they wish. Great company to work for!

Pros

Great people!

great people to work with bad management

steady work and perfect amount of hours! I learned its not a good place to be a girl! my coworkers were awesome! the hardest part of my job was communicating with management! The most enjoyable part was driving !

it's an okay job

It was a an okay job till they mad me drive home with out anying hours left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tri-Line Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement