Tri-Line Carriers

Tri-Line Carriers Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
I was a long haul owner operator on the flatbed division for almost exactly 5 years. I purchased my truck through Tri-line and the the month of the last payment to pay it off the engine was done. That's why I left. While I was there I was treated very well they even went above and beyond during the time when the engine went out the first time while still under warranty. They paid me for the 2 weeks I was down. I'll leave it at that.
I was tasked with a camp position. Fly in for 3 out for 1 week. Tri Line had a good handle on set up. They were learning about the mine work involved, but used experience from other ventures. When I experienced difficulties the management team Always had answers. I was impressed.
I was brought in by triline after they purchased the company I was working for been here 11 months been really good staff are friendly treat you family
Contract was erratic and out of tri- lines control but over all great place to work.
Hour suited me and when time was required for myself it was provided. Staff are great people
Waste division is poorly managed. Expect to work EVERY statutory holiday, except Christmas and New Years Day. Enforcement of company rules is uneven and unfair. One driver will be singled out for discipline for some minor enfraction, while another will not.
Lots of unpaid wait time.
Pros
good pay, home every day
Cons
Long hours, unpaid wait time.
Drove truck never a problem co workers were great office staff and service were wonderful all worked together when I left was the guys were helping so much over the death of my mom and father in law figured it was unfair but company is great would like to go back open to any position you have a great day
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. more like working in a daycare. more gossip and favoritism than facts. very poorly run. unhappy to have worked there
You are a disposable commodity if you drive with this company.
Operation wants you to work for free most of the time.

You will do your shift then your manager will call you and ask you to do other tasks, which will add more time to your day without getting any extra pay!

Management lacks knowledge of the industry. Most managers never been in a truck but they call you and tell you how to drive.
Pros
Drivers you work with
Cons
No respect for drivers.
The pay is below industry standards and there is never any guaranteed work. There must have been a misunderstanding because when I was hired I was told my shift would be an early morning shift but it turned out to be late evening.
Pros
Home every day
Cons
Too much time off, low pay, long shifts
Triline is a wonderful place to work if you are willing to work. They have a great attitude about dispatch and driver/owner in the business. I have no problem getting home when I let them know when, they have helped me when I need it (repairs), also I feel that the miles are there if you want them and I don’t think I’ve sat more than twice in 18 months but I got something for that.
Everyone wants more but to be happy with your job is a start as we spend most of our time at work.
Pros
Understanding
Cons
Facilities at some depots
load rates are so low for amount of time it takes to do. dont believe anything management says. you will be putting in alot of free unpaid hours. good luck working there
Pros
smell and filth
Cons
everything else
Official response from Tri-Line Carriers
2 January 2019
Working on the Edmonton Waste Run is a challenge and we hope that we have taken the right steps with the staff at the landfill to improve these conditions for our future drivers.
Tri Line has a solid customer base. The company is willing to work with your schedule and tries to be accommodating whenever possible. You are expected to keep daily logs and do regular inspections of your vehicle.
I choose not to review, this was not a pleasant experience for me. I was over worked under previous management and not treated well. Leaving was the best thing I did.
Management has no trucking experience and has no idea how to run a company. Drivers have to guess how to avoid being fired or punished by people who know nothing about the rules or job.
Pros
High pay.
Cons
Lack of knowledge from managment.
I get to do what I love everyday, my workmates are incredibly awesome, they are very friendly. They are all very helpful when working on the truck in the yard.
Tri-Line Carriers treats its employees and Drivers like Family. The office is very welcoming, and professional. The employees are very friendly and helpful.
Tri-Lines pay structure is very competitive. There is a great deal of importance put on family time and everyone is encouraged to take vacations when they need to.

Management is very involved and helpful in all areas of the business.

The business has 4 divisions which allows for the company to operate successfully even when one of the business units is slower. Drivers are encouraged to change divisions if they wish.

Great company to work for!
Pros
Great people!
steady work and perfect amount of hours! I learned its not a good place to be a girl! my coworkers were awesome! the hardest part of my job was communicating with management! The most enjoyable part was driving !
It was a an okay job till they mad me drive home with out anying hours left
Hauling Super B trailers of trash to Coronation Alberta. One trip a day.
Bad part is the flies and stench in the summer.
Pros
Steady work. Steady start times and hours per day.
I do not recommend working for this company as my son became ill and I was forced to stay home to care for my family and the company did not hold my position. They say they are all about family and I found out different when my family was in need and they replaced me while I was off work and did not have a position for me to return too.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management, no home time, your just a number