Trent University Employee Reviews

Interesting and supportive work environment.
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 November 2018
A typical day involved reading course materials, preparing to teach seminars, and/or marking student work.
I learned how to adapt to students' educational needs.
The professors are very supportive and patient.
The hardest part of the job was trusting my own skills and dealing with students who were angry about their marks.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to hear the students' ideas and see them grow.
Valuable and fun interactions with scholars.
Continuing Education Instructor & Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 October 2018
• Course Instructor & Course Developer: “Maritime Provinces 101” ~ Trent University - Department of Continuing Education, September 2016 - May 2018
• Seminar Leader: “Environmental Science and Politics 2000” ~ Trent University, January 2015 - April 2018
• Teaching Assistant: “Environmental History 4000” ~ Trent University, September 2014 - December 2017
• Research Assistant: Ontario Provincial Parks, Historical Data ~ Trent University, January - July 2015

Cons: Wage-Cuts, Strikes, Salary did not accurately reflect efforts/number of spent working hours.
Pros
Great experience instructing and working with undergraduate students.
Cons
Unrealistic monthly salary.
Educational establishment
Volunteer Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 November 2018
I enjoyed volunteering as an ambassador at Trent University as it advanced my skills organizing events and working with the community. I also enjoyed that I was able to establish close relationships with my peers.
Fun and Flexible
Fit Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 November 2018
Working at the Athletic Centre at Trent while I was a student was great. They were flexible around my classes and many team practices, and gave me the option of working a minimum amount of 10 hours a week.
repetative tedious job but meet new people all the time, students from different cultures
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 April 2018
great job with amazing salary but waiting for contract renewal every 3 months. Hours and schedule change, very unstable position. Love the manager, old coworkers very uncooperative, no compassion, no collegiality.
Pros
good pay
Cons
a lot of work to take home, job insecurity
Great Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 July 2018
A good place to learn more things, the management is friendly
Learned a lot about time management. Helpful staffs and best students. A good place to carry on the research.
Work review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 June 2018
Training is basic and straight forward.
the work environment is comfortable for students.
The supervisors are friendly.
The work hours are based off student schedule.
Excellent Student Position
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2018
Trent University's Facilities maintenance department is an excellent opportunity for university students to make some income, and establish lasting friendships over the summer!
good volunteer opportunities
RESIDENCE TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 March 2018
i volunteered as a residence tour guide for one of the open houses in my first year. overall the job is really easy and you just get to brag about Trent and try to get people to choose to attend
Student Advising (IT) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 May 2018
Trent University is a great place to work. The management and managers are great. We build great team working together. I enjoyed every aspect of my job.

Want to know more about Trent University?

Ask a question
Fun environment
Experience (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 March 2018
I went to school at Trent University but worked a short while as a lab technicians assistant. The job was good and it gave some experience as to what happens when you, as a student are not in a traditional lab setting in school.
Lifeguarding
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 January 2018
The athletics department is poorly managed and it was a very poor experience working under the higher-ups at Trent. The pay is abysmal for a lifeguarding position and the school is clearly taking advantage of desperate students.
Cons
poor management, low pay
Great student job
College Liaison (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 February 2018
It was awesome to work for one of the colleges at Trent University. Boss was super kind, they work around your student timetable, and you are always learning new things about what you can do better in the job. Management is great.
good
Accessibility Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 March 2018
This was the best job ever. I loved my time here. Great work atmosphere. Great managers. Great workplace culture. Great learning opportunity. Loved job!
Warm environment
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 February 2018
Appreciate that they hire many students. Location is ideal, since I am currnetly in classes. Company works around school schedule well and are verya ccomodating.
Excellent Community
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 January 2018
I loved the people and I loved working there. Everyone was so friendly and we really connected together as a community. Would really recommend working here, especially in the English department.
Solid school
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 January 2018
Perfect school size and high quality education. High quantity and quality of programs and events to help students maintain mental health and to network with potential future employers and graduate schools.
Productive & Supportive
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 October 2017
Supportive workplace with ability to experience teaching in different departments
Little mobility or job security as contract based
Good opportunity to work with individuals of all different backgrounds and interests
Small University that lacks graduate organizations
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 November 2016
Trent is a fairly disorganized place to work if you are a graduate student.

There is very little administrative help, and when there is, it is often hard to deal with. During my time at this University, every teaching position I got was very last minute and it was hard to get straight answers out of department assistants for available positions if you were a student over -time.
Pros
Smaller faculty to work with
Cons
Disorganized
Teaching placements offered me challenges and unique opportunities I could not find elsewhere.
Teacher Candidate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2016
For my most recent placement, I was responsible for teaching a full day of classes. I taught Grade 9 Core French Applied, Grade 9 French Immersion Geography, and Grade 12 French Immersion. Everyday I would have to present and facilitate a lesson adhering to the Ontario curriculum expectations as well as engaging for students of all learning abilities. I loved working with the students and teaching them new things that interest them in new and fund ways.