Trent University Employee Reviews

Work review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 June 2018
Training is basic and straight forward.
the work environment is comfortable for students.
The supervisors are friendly.
The work hours are based off student schedule.
Excellent Student Position
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2018
Trent University's Facilities maintenance department is an excellent opportunity for university students to make some income, and establish lasting friendships over the summer!
Student Advising (IT) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 May 2018
Trent University is a great place to work. The management and managers are great. We build great team working together. I enjoyed every aspect of my job.
repetative tedious job but meet new people all the time, students from different cultures
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 April 2018
great job with amazing salary but waiting for contract renewal every 3 months. Hours and schedule change, very unstable position. Love the manager, old coworkers very uncooperative, no compassion, no collegiality.
Pros
good pay
Cons
a lot of work to take home, job insecurity
good volunteer opportunities
RESIDENCE TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 March 2018
i volunteered as a residence tour guide for one of the open houses in my first year. overall the job is really easy and you just get to brag about Trent and try to get people to choose to attend
good
Accessibility Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 March 2018
This was the best job ever. I loved my time here. Great work atmosphere. Great managers. Great workplace culture. Great learning opportunity. Loved job!
Fun environment
Experience (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 March 2018
I went to school at Trent University but worked a short while as a lab technicians assistant. The job was good and it gave some experience as to what happens when you, as a student are not in a traditional lab setting in school.
Warm environment
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 February 2018
Appreciate that they hire many students. Location is ideal, since I am currnetly in classes. Company works around school schedule well and are verya ccomodating.
Great student job
College Liaison (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 February 2018
It was awesome to work for one of the colleges at Trent University. Boss was super kind, they work around your student timetable, and you are always learning new things about what you can do better in the job. Management is great.
Lifeguarding
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 January 2018
The athletics department is poorly managed and it was a very poor experience working under the higher-ups at Trent. The pay is abysmal for a lifeguarding position and the school is clearly taking advantage of desperate students.
Cons
poor management, low pay

Want to know more about Trent University?

Ask a question
Excellent Community
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 January 2018
I loved the people and I loved working there. Everyone was so friendly and we really connected together as a community. Would really recommend working here, especially in the English department.
Solid school
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 January 2018
Perfect school size and high quality education. High quantity and quality of programs and events to help students maintain mental health and to network with potential future employers and graduate schools.
Productive & Supportive
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 October 2017
Supportive workplace with ability to experience teaching in different departments
Little mobility or job security as contract based
Good opportunity to work with individuals of all different backgrounds and interests
Very Good
Chemistry Department Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 August 2017
The pay was good as well as the hours. Not too much to say other than that. There was really no con to working here and it worked well with my busy personal and class schedule
Just a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 June 2017
I didn't actually work at Trent University, I was just a student. For some reason Indeed is making me write this review. However - many of my friends did work for the University, and from what I gather they all enjoyed it for the most part.
Good starting point
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 April 2017
learned many admin duties and about admin position. good balance as a student working plus school full time. management could be stronger however it it is a newer campus.
Good job to have while studying in school. Fun management and staff.
Athletics Complex convener and event organizer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 February 2017
This was a job I had while in school. It was fun working in the athletics department, everyone was friendly and were open to new ideas to improve operations and leagues that were run.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2017
Trent University Durham’s 2016 incoming class is the largest in our 40+ year history. This fall, the university welcomed more than 400 new incoming students and bolstered the student body population to well over 1,000 students. As a result, more student-life activities have also been introduced, including an intercollegiate soccer program.
Great place to work and learn
Teacher's Assistant + Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 January 2017
Be active and they will pay you good money. .
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work contracts are inconsistant
Fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 January 2017
I have fun with the students. It is fun to teach them Spanish and be able to talk to them. There are great resources to plan the classes. It is a great influence