Tremco

Tremco: 22 Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews

managementjobgoodplacelotgreatcompanyhard

Fast-paced. Not for the inexperiennced

Fast-paced working environment. They do not understand that everybody learns at different rates. You don't get much of a chance to prove yourself. I recommend to get experience in manufacturing before working there.

Good organisation, bad management

Old school management style, promotion depends on which "gang" you are in.Interpersonal relationships and decision making style reminds high-school teenager approach from the movies where it is really bad.

Pros

better than nothing

Cons

you name it

Insights into Tremco

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment

Boss was amazing....lots of nepotism within the company but very enjoyable Hardest part of the job were the hours....very early hours to accommodate all those that lived outside the city

Interesting place to work

The employees make the this a good place to work, it is a fast paced environment with a lot to learn and know. The work is hard but rewarding. No need for a gym membership after working here.

Average workplace

good place to learn, learnt lot of new things. work culture is not bad. provides good perks and benefits. workplace has politics. Overall it is average.

In general

A good opportunity to learn about differents topics, is not the best place to work but is like a good school to learn about safety, production , quality and lean production.

great place to work benefits and good pay

make batches learned how to use machinery and make silicon sealants management is friendly enough mixed culture the hardest part is not messing up a batch great pay benefits company cottage and bonuses

Pros

subsidized cafeteria company cottage yearly bonus

Cons

shift work, fires quick for missed days

Great Company

Work life balance was excellent. Work from home office/shop. Some travel throughout BC and Canada. Great Benefits, pension, wages. Very little direction given by management.

Roofing Knowledge

Local Toronto based manufacturer providing roofing products for commercial applications. This role is a manufacturer representative role - selling to architects, engineers and owners.

Pros

Project Management

Cons

Long sales cycle

Everyone gets an equal treatment.

Management knows how to listen to their co-workers and vice versa. They think hard before making major decisions... Employees are easy to deal with, We're open in learning new things. What we have here at TREMCO is comparable to a real family relationship. We treat each other with respect, but also we joke around some times. We are serious about our job, because we take it as our responsibility being a member of the family. And yes, they know how to reward the thinkers and the doers... Have any doubt?.. come on... try and check us out! ;-)

Pros

We have a playroom facility, cafeteria, free coffee for the early birds.

Cons

Absent without notice?... you will face the wall! :-)

Great Company & People

My first real job out of school. A truly great company with great people. I wish I had never left. They had a lot of changes since I left but it is still a great place.

Company Summary

Great company to work for and great benefits. The management is great as well. Work hours are perfect. Overall a great company to work for and highly recommended.

paint and roofing products

busy place to work, always learning new things every day, hard work and on the go at all times. the job changed all the time so it never got boring.

Productive Workplace

Decent company to work for. Very safety oriented workforce. Shift work (days, afternoons, nights, weekends) Lots of opportunities to expand within the company

Productive place to work with great employees.

My day starts with operate various types of equipment required for filling and make minor repairs to equipment. Maintain good housekeeping standards – sweep area, clean tools, etc. Make minor repairs to equipment. Complete necessary production related paperwork Participate in daily tier meetings and monthly safety meetings Abide by all safety rules and procedures

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Very Hot in work environment

wonderful work expericed

That is wonderful experience with tremco, wonderful workplace. Management is very good and well define job description.

Pros

less salary

Cons

good team

Amazing placement

The most friendliest place to work at. Co-worker were super amazing. There standers are up there, so you know its a very good placement to work at.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

nothing

Interesting work and great team.

This was my first job after graduating and I started off doing some extrusion profile design and quoting of the same. Great experience as the job was yours from inception through tooling development and into production. Training provided was perhaps not as structured as it could have been but with that said I got my introduction to the rubber business here and learned a great deal. Division manager was someone whom I had a great deal of respect for as he challenged entire team and worked to make time spent there enjoyable. Fond memories of the entire experience.

Pros

Division wine and cheese parties, hockey etc great social atmosphere.

Cons

Limited room to move and advance within the Canadian organization.

Interesting projects.

Unpredictable management decisions. Very interesting projects. Excellent co-workers. Most enjoyable research freedom.

Pros

Freedom of research

Cons

No comments.

Interesting and very productive

Something new everyday. Various polymers. Reasonably good. Very good. Priority decision. Working on challenging projects and discussions about work and achievements..

Pros

Opportunity to work independently as well as in team.

Cons

Lack of direction and priority

Uplifting workplace

Although my time at Tremco was fairly short I enjoyed and learned a lot from the many office workers and corporate managers that walked in everyday. Everyday there was a task that needed to be tackled such as catering for 200 people. The most difficult part of this job would probably be the labour aspect of the work, though over time I found ways to make the work easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tremco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about Tremco in popular locations

• Tremco