Traverse Independence Employee Reviews

Poor Management all about money not client centered
CF (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON7 July 2018
Traverse Independence has wonderful clients. There are some good staff who try hard but because of management it's always short-staffed and the staff and clients suffer. The hiring process is lacking which lets in staff who are not client-centered and don't work as a team. The staff who are good and are client centered end up leaving as its hard to work for a company who doesnt put clients or staff on their list of priorities. I would not recommend Traverse Independence for any client friend or family member nor any worker wanting to build a career long term.

Terrible place to work.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Management, Hr
Staff and clients are wonderful, but Management and HR are a headache
Attendant care worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 December 2017
The frontline employees at TI are wonderful, friendly, skilled individuals. There is great teamwork and always a welcome atmosphere for anyone new or visiting. The clients are wonderful people and many have been there for years. The work is rewarding, though often very fast-paced and hectic. HOWEVER, working with management (mainly HR and their head office) is nonsense. They really do care more about money than their clients, and definitely care more about filling shifts than the well-being of their employees. They are the kind of management team that will constantly say “we’ll look into that” and never follow through.
Pros
Great coworkers, competitive pay, benefits, paid vacation, always hours to pick up
Cons
Poor management
Life Skills Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 February 2017
Company focuses on money not clients. Bad management!
Amazing clients and even more amazing staff. But run for the hills with management! Staff and clients are never the focus. Money is!
Pros
Great staff! Great clients!
Cons
Poor management
loved it
Life Skills Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 February 2017
only volunteered but it is great and the people are great as well! It is just a fun and warm atmosphere and everyone is always friendly
Flexible hours and fun place to work.
Community Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 January 2017
My experience at Traverse was excellent, unfortunately they were not able to give me time off to complete my schooling (Internship) but did suggest I reapply once I did complete my program.
Pros
Flexible hours, approachable management, great training
Your team makes it
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 January 2017
Your team members at Traverse make the work a lot more bareable. The Clients are the best but it can get pretty stressful. Management doesn't really focus on the site problems, which overall pretty much sucks. But once your shift is done you realize its really not a bad place to work. The pay is one of the highest and that is great. You have lots of opportunity to pick up shifts.
Pros
great team
Cons
no lunches, bad management