Travelex Employee Reviews

Okay place to work.
Senior Sales Consultant & Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
Great location, but terrible hours, very stressful at times, no balance with rest of life if you have a family. Otherwise okay place to work. Not much in terms of compensation.
good place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 July 2016
good schedule to work, gives space in life and motivation.
Management is really good
Fun time with co-worker ....
Most enjoyable part is Christmas party....
Pros
good rate for foreign currency for employee
Cons
lost contract at airport
Innovative and challenging
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
A progressive FI with unique products and services for commercial clients as well as services for the traveling public.
Pros
Encouraged to learn more.
Cons
Transference of departments to other geographical locations.
fun place to work . customers always happy
Foreign Currency Exchange Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton airport7 August 2015
Open up and count all money and tickets. buy and sell money all day and look after lotto booth . I learned I with talking to people that was always happy. Great co workers ,the hardest parts of the job was the 5 am mornings and the wages wasn't sought to live on. The most enjoyable part of the job the customers and helping my co works find their outages.
Pros
loved the people
Cons
didn't like to work at 5 am
Productive and Fun Workplace with Learning Environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2015
Every day its lots of new work to learn something new and I started to work on QTP in different modules. In my team I have 8 members and all are very supportive nature.
Its a very lively place to work at the airport.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pearson Airport , ON17 May 2015
I love my shift ,I start my shift at 4am to 12pm in morning and it is a fixed shift with two days off in a row.
My job is a team work play.We demonstrate a very High Standard of customer service.People come to buy OUR SERVICE NOT OUR PRODUCT .Management ,specially my Manager is a Great Man to work with.We work as a Team.
The negative part of my job is there is no scope to grow in the company and the salary is very low as compare to the shift I do .
I love talking to the people and meeting them face to face on the counter.
Pros
Good Manager
Cons
Low salary
Great staff and very supportive management
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2015
I worked with a great team and the staff at Travelex are amazing! They truly put their whole heart into their work.
Staff just need to get and hear more praise and recognition from their superiors. Some managers do that but not all. Doing so would increase employee morale and productivity
Pros
Great management; great employees
Cons
No opportunity for growth
Mis-managed & low pay
Sales Consultant/ATM Operations (Former Employee) –  toronto17 January 2015
basically desperate times call for desperate measures. that is the only reason i worked there.
A Day at work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2014
Balancing foreign exchnage currency
buying and selling currency
Interacting with customers
Great stepping stone in financial district and customer handing experiences.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2014
Cash handling and balancing multiple currencies on a daily basis.
Transferring money in and out of branches and debit machines.
Selling,Loading and promoting master cards product cash passport with multiple currencies on a card.
Providing passengers with medical,travel and flight insurances.
Helping customers with western union services and depositing British Airways over baggage and re booking flight fees.
Working in a fast pace environment and serving over 60 people a day.
Displaying worlds best customer service on behalf of Travelex and Pearson international airport.
Management and co workers are helpful and its more like a dream team as we the travelex team always surpassed our monthly targets.
The hardest part about the job is even though i was getting recognized by higher level managements but knowing there is no room for growth within the company was the harsh reality.

There are several enjoyable aspects tied within this job like interaction with customers from all over the world,helping out all the passengers with information regarding the airport and sharing knowledge with them.
Pros
Discounted foreign currency rates, free airport parking, bonus and very flexible schedule
Cons
Job growth, job security and salary.
Very friendly co-workers but strict management.
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont.27 February 2014
My typical day at work is foreign currency exchange for travelers, at the airport. I learned currency rates during work. Travelex has very strict management. The co-workers are very friendly. I have to be very careful counting money accurately. It was enjoyable seeing new faces everyday.
a very enjoyable work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga on16 July 2013
typical day at work was a fun and enjoyable day
management was fair.
Co-workers were great
hardest day at wotj would where staff call in sick
every day was a most enjoyable day
A normal Day at Travelex.
Account / sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontario2 July 2013
Travelex work consisted of taking care of other institutions and clients orders for currencies. If there was any errors, insure the correction is applied and right currency has been shipped to the customer or Financial Institution. We had Canadian and American clients.

We had our sales department, who would take in the orders from customers and Financial Institutions. We had two vault, in Toronto (Canadian) and Louisville,Kentucky, (American) , we would always be in communication with them regarding the orders or any discrepancy on shipment or orders.

We would have cases opened for each call we would get from either customers or Banks.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours. short staff.
No review provided
IT Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2013
No review have been provided for the below.

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Na
Sales Consultant/ATM Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2013
It's a great company to work to gain new knowledge and skills.
Good Company and co-workers
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2012
Day to day invoice coding and entry. I learned about the accounting & finance more than I expected. The management team are remarkable, easy to get along. My co-workers are dynamic, help you when you needed them. The hardest part of job when month end comes and everybody need to work hard to close the month end. My enjoyable part of the job when we get together with my co -workers and have fun!
Pros
the company provide us a free lunch when we hit the sales target, busy schedules and special occassions
Cons
i will stay long hours when its needed to complete the work.