Travelers
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Travelers Employee Reviews

Canada67 reviews
Fast paced and changing environment allowing constant learning curve
I worked with an amazing team of peers, the most enjoyable part of this job was the people that I worked with on a daily basis and the support always provided to me when needed or asked for.
Excellent Work
Very good and helpful staff. Very positive workplace, everyone is very helpful especially the dispatch staff. Good trucks and well maintained equipement.
Leadership within IT
Lack of Leadership within IT specifically in Canada. IT Leadership is week and needs individuals with actual leadership experience in managing people. Not sure how some of these folks got into their positions and remain to stay there. Going to work there everyday with a high level of uncertainty and finger pointing is not a healthy environment for anyone to work in.
Pros
Salary is somewhat competitive
Cons
If your sick your expected to take your vacation days. There is no sick days
Review
Not an enjoyable place to work, the morale is terrible along with the compensation

Empty promises are made to keep the employees encouraged. The office is under staffed and over worked..
Unpaid forced over-time - No work/life balance
Very high employee turnover. Extremely stressful. Imposed over time, which by the way isn't paid AT ALL until you hit the Alberta threshold of 8h/day or 44h/week. No work/life balance whatsoever. A lot of employees on stress leave, if they haven't quit already
Na

payslabs not so good

perks are just okay

good place to start

double faced management
Love my unit manager. He is generous with his time.
Love my unit manager. He is generous with his time. I would recommend a friend to work here. The company invests lots of time and resources to train the staff
Pros
Work from home and Fantastic benefits
Cons
Salary is low for level of experience
Plenty of opportunity to grow
The people are terrific. The opportunity to do something new is pretty good. The pay is competitive. It can get hectic, but there is both room for and a desire to improve processes, if you are willing to show the potential benefit. The big complaint I had was the subpar benefits. I liked working there, but I left only because I wanted to move to the country and the commute was too much.
Pros
People, opportunity
Cons
Benefit package is not very good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Travelers?
Terrible

No accountability

No engagement

List goes on...
Would not recommend
-don’t work in finance team in Toronto
-micromanagement

-watching you 24/7 no work life balance

-no accomplishments or achievements

, put their staff down instead of focusing on training and improvements

-no one says hi, good morning
Would not recommend
I was very excited to work at Travelers and the first year was great but the office is very competitive and coworkers are jealous and petty. Management picks favourites and makes it very known when they do not care for staff. Very stressful environment and no one to go to to express concerns and issues in the workplace. It would be a great place to work if the office was run better.
Good work environment
This is a good place to work management and co-workers are friendly.
Yearly reviews are helpful. I had a chance to learn new systems and add to my experience.
productive and fun place to work
great place to work with room for advancement. the people are great as well. everyone enjoyed helping all the newcomers. management was great and extremely helpful and approachable
Aquisition too rapid
There was a lot of stress and separation between new and legacy employees. There was not good direction or management. No hands on training, with few known resources.
The focus for this company is what you can provide no extras offered
Management is fair when dealing with employees.
Benefits are not as good as the rest of the industry

Flexible with working from home

No extras given to employees for special occasions like Christmas etc. Employees must pay for their own lunches or festivities for the holidays
Poorly managed - extremely stressful - close-minded
Would never recommend them as an employer in Canada (US seems better) unless important changes are made in the direction

Pros :

Great training to start - great challenges - great vacation/paid time off - possibility to work from home

Cons (just to name a few):

Ridiculous workload - Lack of support once you're onboard - huge lack of communication between the direction and front line employees - pretend they care about their employees well-being but they do nothing about it - focus on the wrong places to save money - all departments are managed as if they were different entities (no common sense at all) so if a decision is made that could impact another department, they don't care about it - can't keep their employees, always hiring new staff - if you don't think exactly as they do, you are quickly considered as a threat and you become a target. Very toxic work environment in general
Pros
See comments
Cons
See comments
Went from family to number
Traveler's purchased The Dominion about five years ago. While small, The Dominion was doing great work and had a community of people that shared a vision. Once Traveler's took over, that community was gone and we were cogs on a machine.
Company don't really care and too much stress !
Too much work for the amount of staff and not enough proper training. Favoritism among management and some employees caused a lot of bad feelings.
Used to be a great place to work until all the changes and good people being let go.

Great co-workers made the job easier even though we were so stressed out.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management don't care about you and stress is bad !
Good office. Terrible management.
Writes business that they cannot adequately serve. No care for their employees. Underpaid and overworked employees get the buck passed on to them when they cannot service the business that is written.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many
The people I worked with were great and always helpful
My position at Travelers was an Account Executive. I worked in the London, Ontario branch. I handled a group of brokers for which I wrote new business in property and casualty, fleet and garage auto business. I had excellent rapport with my brokers and was successful at increasing the volume of business for most of my assigned brokers. I enjoyed my time at Travelers Insurance but as with all positions it is the people I worked with that I enjoyed the most.
Pros
Benefits and compensation were excellent
Cons
Many changes to processes and computer systems.
Was great as Dominion of Canada until buyout
Great people. Micromanaged. Lack of trained managers. Very little for advancement. Senior management have no idea what’s happening at the adjuster administration level. Decisions done in US.
Pros
The people
Cons
No work life balanced. You have to maintain stats or they think you are not working