Travel Impressions

Travel Impressions Employee Reviews

Was once a great company to work for but was acquired twice and each time the Job Culture went downhill. Work/Life Balance is quite difficult. Compensation is comparable to other companies in the same field.
Unfortunately, the lack of training and the intense pressure makes the environment toxic. The lower management is phenomenal, but the upper management is unaware of improving the plight of the new employees. Because of this, and the extremely low pay and strange hours, makes the retention rate dismal.
Pros
Lower-level management is humane
Cons
Lack of corporate support
It was great. Have a very good experience. The work ethics were superb and taught me a lot. It was a job where I meant a friends that will be forever in my heart.
Travel Impressions is an obsolete business model. Because of this, they make cuts wherever they can, take more from their employees than they give, and are fated for smaller and smaller operations until they finally go out of business. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Amazing company to work for when the balance of employee moral matches customer service expectations. Great people to work with and nice travel discounts.
Travel Impressions used to be a great place to work but since the merger with Apple Leisure group things have gone down hill very fast.

employees are not appreciated like they used to be, pay is low and benefits have gotten worse.
Pros
co-workers, travel discounts
Cons
management
It was a pleasure to work along side the hard working staff and management. Management always gave encouragement to do our best . I had the opportunity to travel to India to help train our team over there.
Worked with travel agents and direct clients booking vacations and it was rewarding. Call center environment. Must be disciplined to sit in one place all day. No kitchen or breakroom. No travel benefits. Entry level travel position.
Pros
Beginners travel experience
Cons
No breakroom or kitchen
Horarios flexibles y buen ambiente de trabajo, los jefes no son muy exigentes, te dan libertad su cumples con el trabajo solicitado. Muy buena empresa para iniciar tu vida laboral
Typical call center. Not a very good experience. Felt like when every your sales were good, you would get a bad review on your recorded phone calls. One plus if you were lucky to get to go on FAM's that were offered. In some departments it went by seniority and whether or not you had been there before.
Enjoyed working for the company for 23 years, until new computer programs and off shore personnel were brought on board. Job can be stressful but the coworkers are great.
Pros
Discount Travel
Cons
Loyalty of employees is not appreciated
Felt as close as you can get to a corporate machine where all employees are treated as numbers instead of people. Will never work there again. After I was laid off even more support departments were outsourced to India.
i loved working for Travel Impressions prior to the new ownership.
This job is taking incoming calls from travel agents to assist them with their contracted groups. You will take payments over the phone and will need to have great communication skills.

Management is not very helpful in coaching or assisting if you have any need for skill updates or training.

Due to the restructuring the employee moral is very low as you will never know when or who will be the next to be displaced.

The hardest part of this job is the constant change in policies and technology with very little to no training, just figure it out for yourself.

The best part of this job is the people. They had a great staff of very loyal employees. Not sure how this has changed since leaving the company
Pros
Great People
Cons
company restructuring
When I first started working here, there wasn't much career advancement. New positions started to open up and I was really excited. It was falsely advertised in what we would do, our pay, and our mental state of doing the job. Work day to day consisted of being solitary in your own cubicle. You worked in several databases online that dealt with destination weddings as a groups support specialist. You didn't have much freedom with your colleagues while they were doing other stuff. There was management, but the communication wasn't present, in the way we didn't know whom to report to or ask questions. Communication was a big issue, there was a divide between two teams, one from NY and PA. We had travel agents constantly yell at us over the phone when they couldn't get their way. The hardest part was basically everything, trying to maintain your mental and emotional psyche, being in charge of certain weddings with mean agents, not having much vacation time, no commission, no flexible hours and unhelpful management. The best thing was working with the NY team. And I had developed skills where I can say I can work with 50 weddings at a time.
Pros
working with a great team
Cons
communication issue, little to no vacation time, unhelpful management
A challenging position in which I grew personally and professionally while contributing to the success of the company. I enjoy working at Travel Impressions very much however due to the recent merger many jobs are in jeopardy.
management was great

only quit due to moving

great perks with working there is discounts on vacations!!

all the employees were very nice

good food there as well and awesome coffee machine
I enjoyed my time at Travel impressions and learned a lot under my manager and supervisor. It was very unfortunate when our team was out sourced after the sale.
Your day begins with emails and phone calls and quoting for the customer. After you have completed that call you will close that out and answer the next call.
The job was amazing at the beginning for the first year.
Then during the second year, new policies began creating a much more stressful, competitive and fast-paced environment with near impossible standards to meet.

The manager was kind in the beginning, thoughtful and then when things started to change they also seemed to change, becoming less sensitive and open to hearing about issues the employees were having with the changes.
Pros
Great coworkers, fun work, fast paced
Cons
Short breaks, cut throat, constant change of policy and procedure
This was a long time ago but it was a great place to work. Had many perks including travel and reduced pricing on flights and vacation. Not a very good salary however, unless you were the president of a department or something.
The training at Travel Impressions was very, very good.
I learned how to book hotels, tours, air and insurance in one computer system.

When finally getting on the floor the girls were all helpful

Management were too demanding on the 'newbies'

The hardest part of the job for new people was to get sales. Too much pressure for 'newbies'.

I enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, Pressure on Newbies
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travel Impressions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8