Traugott Building Contractors Inc.

Traugott Building Contractors Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 January 2020
I have been with this company for almost 2 years now it is a fun place to work. There are great hard working people here. The office layout promotes a strong team environment. Great culture. Feels like a family.

Paid well for the role and area! Easy access to Highway for those who commute.

Long tenured employees, some have been here for over 30 years!.

Its a fun place to work, with flexibility.
Nice office
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 January 2020
Nice new office building. The large open office space encourages communicating and socializing with other employees.

Good compensation for your time as well flexibility as long as you get your work completed.
Administration at Traugott
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 December 2019
Within weeks you notice the clique within the office staff by constant gossip being spread around the office. Often the criticism received is not constructive, managers do not listen to concerns or suggestions. Things are always expected without communication. When you raise your voice about concerns, the HR manager would tell everybody about it before addressing it properly. Not very often are you acknowledged for the good work being done. Very minimal advancement opportunities. If you enjoy working in a place that feels like high-school and enjoy drama this would be a great fit for you.
Great, Established Construction Company!
Junior Estimator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2018
I would recommend working for Traugott in an instant. Great work-life balance, there is a want to help you succeed and progress in your career. In Estimating there is always something to do - and the Management gives clear and concise instructions as to what they expect.

The company is generous with the pay and benefits - Company culture is inclusive!

I've been apart of some bad organizations but I can say 100% that Traugott is NOT any of those!
Pros
Work Life Balance/ Pay & Benefits
Great work environment & place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Calgary, Vancouver23 November 2018
I have been with this company for a few months now and I can truly say it is a great place to work. The staff is friendly, they have a good environment/ culture and overall is a nice place to work.

You don't usually see a lot of long tenured staff at organizations anymore, but this organization has numerous staff that have been employed here for 10+ years.

Work/ life balance is great, they understand family values and know everyone has a family to go home to.

You are busy but not overworked. There is a consistent workload which is needed because I cannot sit back and clock watch. I need to keep busy and this place provides that.

I highly recommend Traugott as an employer!
Pros
People, Environment, Work/life balance, Internal Growth
Poor Environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2018
A disorganized Hot Mess, moral killing environment.
I was treated like a Donkey.
Vancouver Management is elitist and belittling.
You are spoken at, not with, people are over worked and concerns go unheard. Brain Damaging.
Not enough staff.
Not a recommended environment for anyone to have good work life balance. Choose to work elsewhere.
Pros
A few good men
Cons
Vancouver management
Couldn't organize a banna fight in an ape cage.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2017
This job was mismanaged from the get go in 2016 when they entered the BC market, three site supers in 3 months as well as a high turn over for project managers.
Pros
checks always cleared
Cons
where to start . . ?
find another job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 April 2017
worst job ever, negative environment, nickel and dime all their trades, if you have another opportunity available take it, this is not a place for long term employment
Pros
nothing
Cons
the entire company
productive and supportive environment
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 March 2017
I learned a lot about the process of what goes into bidding on job contracts and the estimates created. The estimating staff around me was extremely supportive and helpful.
Worst Place to Work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 May 2016
If you like being degraded in front of others and talked about behind your back, work here. The female management is the worst I've ever worked for. There is no confidentiality between management and other staff, especially in the click, manager tells these people everything. The male management like to turn a blind eye to the nonsense that the female management is pulling. No wonder they have a huge turn around. It would be a good company to work for if they clear out the female management staff that are causing the problems and making it look like the ones that quit were the trouble makers. Maybe the President will wake up and catch on as to why the same problems keep happening. HUGE STRESS working for a female manager that doesn't have any experience and lacks the professionalism required for her job. The best part of my job was quitting.
Pros
Birthday lunches
Cons
Female Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Traugott Building Contractors Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6