Transx Group of Companies
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Working at Transx Group of Companies: Employee Reviews

Canada386 reviews

Lots of work...good equipment

As a driving job for a big company it was alright. All driving jobs for these companies are essentially the same. Nothing about company culture stands out but the dispatchers on the West Coast were amazing. Some if the safety requests Going into terminals were a bit much but all part if the job.

Terrible place to work

Poor management, they don't care about employees who do the job well. High stress environment. Some coworkers know what they're doing, others make working there a nightmare because they don't know what they're doing. They put the work of 3 people onto one person. No opportunity to move up.

Pros

It pays the bills

Cons

Management doesn't care, poor work/life balance, does not pay a living wage

Insights into Transx Group of Companies

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Great place to work for!

I love my group of nice supportive people and supportive team! I greatly appreciated the team spirit, kindness, supportive of TransX Groups of Companies! <3

Good for beginners

There could be a lot of unpaid waiting depends on where you go. Used to be a very good company but new dispatch is not very good at planning loads .And if there's any waiting time , you might get paid some of that after so many phone calls and emails.

Pros

Nice Peterbilt 579 trucks

Cons

Dispatchers lie a lot and lots of unpaid waiting time.

Foot in the door for Transportation

Very fast paced, independent work style. Easy to get a job here as they are always hiring due to high turn over rate. Management tries, however everyone is over worked due to under staffing. Participating in the company football pool, or Friday golf days is a great way to get ahead. However, hard work and hand raising are rewarded with more of the same work, no additional pay or advancement. No clear employment trajectories for long term advancement. Major pay discrepancy between staff in the same positions, same general experience. Pay scale mostly depends on your negotiations on hire. All major management positions outside of HR are extremely male heavy, with women mostly contained to administrative and entry level roles. Almost all management positions are filling through internal promotion. Great place for a select few people, and a great place to start out before moving on to bigger and better things if you are just trying to get your foot in the door for transportation

Management is smart at handling situations. Some colleagues can be supportive.

Working at TRANSX gives hope… Some colleagues can be supportive if you are new to the job from your college graduation. When you complete your contract with TRANSX, the company organize a beautiful party to say good bye to you and wish you success

Pros

Smart management

Cons

Few cons

Relaxed environment

Fast paced, busy and growingcompany. Very well maintaned equipments and well managed dispatch, no waitings at all. Appreciate their hardworking drivers.

Good place

Good place to work. Nice decent work environment. Good people around. Good rules and regulations. Very safety oriented company and professional. Overall great.

Great Place to work

It is fun working here. Great Team work and great Management. Working 4 on and 3 days off, great balance between work and family. Every day you learn something new

Pros

Good to learn your job

Used to Be Good. Has really gone down hill

During my time here the Management was fantastic and supportive. Has very much changed since, with the company being under new ownership and Management having been changed cannot speak on the new Management.

Room to learn and grow in the proper departments

I learned a lot working while working at Transx for 16.5 years. Working in the terminal for 10 years wasn't really all that exciting. There is no advancement or pay increases in the terminal. I interviewed for and was hired for the mechanic shop as a service writer after 10 years in the terminal. That's where I learned more office and management skills. The shop was very fast paced, the work was easy yet non stop. I eventually made my way up to supervisor/manager. The yearly increases were fantastic, always a substantial amount. The hours were grueling, many of them being in the office and a few more at home daily. I loved what I did. I loved the hard work and the importance of my job. It was a very easy going place to work in. The employees got along very well with the office staff.

Pros

The satisfaction of a job well done at the end of the day, great comradery amongst the staff, the feeling of being part of a big family every day you walk through the door.

Cons

Long hours, the constant push for more, the lack of sleep as your phone is always on, having to deal with any issues that come up on your off shift, the lack of trust newer people have in you.

Not a fun work place

Well if your ok with stupidity then this is the place for you I can't say to much but stay away you'll do better. Lots of good people but also negative people so beware.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Up to you

Terrible place to be employed

Treat you like a number not a person. As one dispatcher told me you drivers are a dime a dozen to which i replied a good driver is hard to find. It was great at first when the original owner had it but then a national company took over and went downhill ever since.

Pros

Stressful place to work not enough fuel rebait

They keep you enough for you stay above water they won't let you drown or rescue you out the water .you always have to fight for waiting hrs and until you fight you won't get any thing plus they have a culture who u know and since CN bought them over it even gets worst

Pros

You always have lot of miles

Cons

Not fairly paid

Nice place to work, very busy time flies by

Very good place to work. They bend over backwards to make sure you are doing well in your chosen area of work. Open to new ideas and safety is first and foremost.

Pros

Barbeques

Cons

good

I gave a good working experience with them. the work done is properly systematically. they have good working environment and friendly staff. management is very responsive

As a driver, you are made to feel like you're worthless continually.

Extremely stressful and negative work environment. Lies and disrespectful communication are the norm! Worst company I ever drove for. Constantly talked to and looked at like you have no value to the company. Avoid!!

Pros

Lots of terminals and loads (although not without stress)

Cons

Everything else

Long Haul Driver from Edmonton Branch

I was brand new to long haul division. Very good interview. Duties were fair. But it is a whole new learning curve. Knowing your routes where to fuel , how long it would take to arrive at shipper or consignee. Lots of miles if your willing to work. Be prepared to start very low on being paid mileage for if you are new to long Haul. After a year of no mishaps or accidents they are quick to increase your mileage wages. Awesome Tractors and trailers. Dispatch and planners where awesome at making it possible to get you home on your requested days off for home time.

Pros

Lots of miles

Cons

Low mileage pay for beginners.

Good place too work good money everyday.about the typical days at when dispatch told you to pick up trailers from different places and hook up the set

this was my first company where I start pulling turn pikes. Pretty much everything was ok . Like equipments were good. Departure time was ok .little bit here and there is ok .overall everything was good

Was a temp

I was a temp, but I enjoyed my time here. It was a lot of fun, became close with some of the truckers. It was a great office. There's a vending machine and always coffee.

Pros

Lots of people to see, nice people work here

Cons

I literally only answered the phone, I had no other job.

Great Company

I work for Canxpress, I go back and forth to California, I am in a great routine, the dispatchers are fantastic, if I need time off for anything there’s no problem. The management seems great, the safety team are always happy to answer your questions.

Pros

Money and miles

Cons

Truck speed governed to 99 kph

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transx Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement