Transport Training Centres of Canada

Transport Training Centres of Canada Employee Reviews

unlike a lot of other jobs I never really had anybody looking over my shoulder or breathing down my neck so I was free to do what I felt needed to be done. Of course it had its moments but what job doesn't. Overall I enjoyed my 13 years working there
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
The job itself was rewarding only at a personal level. The students are the only thanks you will get. Typically the General Manager will have the campus coordinator or their car manager set up the schedule. They manipulated the hours so some days were 12 hours no scheduled breaks  to waiting all day on a Friday to do a 1 hour lesson . No three hour rule followed here . You will work everday in excess of 7 days in a row.  And still fall way short of the provincial wage average. The Management will overlook the maintenance of campus, vehicles and equipment .But most alarming is discrimination and harrassment are allowed to take place on their campuses. Involving both employees as well as the students. The sole reason for my review is due to the international population increase in Ontario. This company is racist, dishonest and discriminatory. Irresponsible to the rights of their clients and employees. The knee jerk style of management being used  shall hopefully bite them back repeatedly one day. When looking for training or employment with this company keep in mind to be cognitive of your human rights. And most times cheaper is NOT better.
18 February 2020
First of all, you were terminated because of your racism. You need to be more accepting of others and get to know them for who they are. We are an eclectic collection of individuals and we don’t accept your ignorance. You were not suitable to teach new drivers so we let you go. I understand you are hostile but you should get some help with your issues. We pride ourselves on our maintenance program. The car you were assigned was brand new. We are one of the only companies in the industry to not only provide a car, but also cover the cost of insurance, fuel, maintenance and repairs. Trainers have the ability to set their own hours and work as much as they want (overtime pay after 44 hours). We pay top wages for the industry with benefits, cell phone allowance, stats, vacation and also a profit sharing and pension plan.
This is a great place to work ! the staff are all very helpful from all campus's. Head office is a great support system for all employees. Some days are stressful but there is always this kind of stuff in any job out there. For the most part it is a relaxed atmosphere to work in.
Need better pay for when your outside cause of the danger with new students also equipment needs better maintenance and the training for the trainers needs to be better for new employees
has potential but they make promisses of getting payed for the hours you work.. not true, you are only payed for the lessons you perform and 15 minutes after.. but you are scheduled minimum 1/2 hour between lessons. sometimes more. so if working for 10+ hours to be payd for 7 . this is the place for you
Had very little to no training. After being hired I worked with someone for 4 hours and left to sink or swim on my own. Would not recommend working for this company.
19 September 2018
I highly doubt that since there has not been a new campus manager there in many years.
Trainer and co-ordinator are always nice to people , They always have patients with their students , they neverget upset , they dont tell you to hurry ..
Pros
Always fun
Cons
I would have to say that I enjoyed my time there the medicine hat office was great to work with. The people there were friendly and I had learned a lot.
I highly recommend TTC to anyone looking to work here. It is a family oriented business that is good pay with room to move up. Vacation, we get a week off for Christmas this year, benefits and we all work together to help each other. Lots of new things to learn everyday, and every day has different challenges that you can grow from.
Pros
Great hours, good pay, team work, positive environment
Not nice place to work. They set you up for failure at every turn. They typically encourage the instructors to drive defective equipment and break the rules.
I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. they treat there employees EXTREMLY poorly and constantly yell and scream at you. you never get a " good job" or "your doing well" its always you effed this up etc. They rip there students off with hours I myself have seen it hands on. The management is so terrible I have never been mis-treated so much in my entire life. they belittled me and bullied constantly. the amount of anxiety walking into that place was unbearable. If your looking for employment I would suggest you do not take a position within this company as they are NOT a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
everything!
great place to work, staff and management amazing. Very family orientated, flexible. co-Workers are awesome. Students are great as well
The Instructors are very good at there job. Great to have small class sizes. Lots of tips given on equipment by the instructors.
I like working, and getting paid to work, being asked to work is no issue but when you show up to work and the student is unfortunately unable to attend results in you losing hours but expected to suck it up and wait while not getting paid
Pros
easy job, help people learn
Cons
management had no clue
Good company to work for but not enough hours and the pay is too low....part time hours need full time hours needed to support family
Pros
na
Cons
na
Lots to learn. Take each day as it comes and learn as much as you can, when you can. the people there are nice.
Pros
they try to work with you.
Cons
Hours can get mixed up sometimes.
Head office insists on keeping equipment barely legal. At times training clients on trucks that were unsafe and in need of repair and to wait to the point of lights that don't work, bald tires, and engine problems of various nature Head office tends to ignore the needs of clients and employees in general it seems they (head office) is in it for money no matter the outcome I am sure the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities would not be impressed to see how their funds are being spent. Had to sue for monies owed to me
Pros
i enjoyed most students forming some friendships along the way
Cons
long hours, low pay, bad equipment, no support from head office
1 May 2019
Whoa!! This statement is not fair at all. We pride ourselves on our maintenance programs. Sure, our trucks are older; that’s why we devote so much more attention to preventative maintenance and general repairs. We deliberately chose this fleet of more or less identically spec’d trucks because they are ideal for training. They are hand polished once a year to help preserve the finish and are equipped with Durabright aluminum rims so they keep on looking great. They do get beat up from training new drivers and that’s why we are constantly repairing damage in addition to our regular wear items. Because of the intended use of our equipment, we need trainers who will help us identify damage and issues that need addressing (replacing). It’s important for students to see how important a conscientious driver is to a quality maintenance program.The comment of long hours and low pay is mis-leading. Unlike a regular job driving, here you get paid overtime (time + a half) after 44 hours. Also different from a regular driving job is the fact you get paid for your entire shift. During most regular driving jobs you are often expected to put in lots of extra time and not get paid. Its not unusual in the trucking industry to put in a 15 hrs day and only get paid for 10. If you put in a 12 hrs day here you get paid for 12 hrs. Another added benefit is the flexibility to set your own hours (within reason). As an organization we set the training schedule. Some trainers like to start early and finish early while other trainers like to sleep in and start a little later. It’s very rare that you - more...
Was a great place to learn got some experience, and met some great people
Professional looking establishment but very inconsistent with communication at all levels with high turnover that didn't ensure job security.
Pros
compensation, schedule
Cons
miscommunication