Transport Canada Employee Reviews

Nice co-worker
Junior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 December 2019
- It has a peace work environment in the Transport Canada.
- very comfortable interviewing and training
---------------------------------------------
bien
Stagiaire en rémunération (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 December 2019
les employés quand bien , j'ai bien aime bon commentaire
Working with gym Room
Agent d'information (Former Employee) –  330 sparks, Ottawa27 November 2019
It was good , sharing a coffee in the morning with people, and answer to questions of people who want to know about security on the private boat, to respond to the questions, and also to translate the guide of security boat of french to english.
Excellent place for a great career in government
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2019
I have had a great experience working at Transport Canada. There are many opportunities to grow. I would highly recommend for anyone who is excited about transportation, either plane, train and automobile or marine, this is the place to start.
Non creative
Senior Marine Safety Inspector (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 November 2019
Okay. Not meant for people starting fresh. Not very conducive to learning.

Working with clients and help them to come into compliance with the regulatory requirements.
Pros
Good salary & defined pension plan
Cons
Not challenging
Collaborative staff
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 November 2019
It was a very pleasant experience since the staff welcomed me and helped me fit into the group.

Very well organized.

Light atmosphere.

The job description and work layout was well outlined which made the experience easier.
good experience for students
Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  sparks street12 November 2019
I was hired here as a student and I really enjoyed the experience I acquired from working here. Management is super friendly and the employers were very flexible with my schedule once school came back around. Transport Canada location is very convenient location as well as its centered in downtown.
Transport Canada is Great
Project Officer and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2019
Good inclusive culture, many young up and coming employees. Interesting work. Most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues. Good work/life balance.
Great place to work. Challenging projects and great people.
WINDOWS APP DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 September 2019
I was made to feel valuable which has helped me gain confidence in my abilities and especially to grow as a person. I now possess a better understanding of the type of work my degree will allow me to do in the future and I have even more passion to continue to learn and grow in my chosen profession.
Productive Work Environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2019
Great work experience and fun to work with.
Added great quality assurance and software testing skills to my career.
The management was great and provided me interesting and challenging opportunities to enhance my knowledge.
Amazing team with interesting projects!
Cost-Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2019
You get to learn a lot about the transportation industry and work environment is very friendly and supportive! Extremely interactive and diverse environment!
Busy
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 August 2019
Great place to work, very busy, nice team to work with. I enjoyed the location and my hours met with my lifestyle. I appreciated the management and was appreciated.
Toxic Work Place & Discriminating
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 August 2019
Work as casual 3 months management pre - plan things ahead, Favouritism to certain people and employees.
Upper management don’t do anything to resolve problems nor to get rid of managers that are problem and getting away with it??
Certainly would not recommend to work here as place is very Slimy how they do things and not being transparent.
They pre plan things ahead to finish your term and come with BS excuse to get rid of Employee due to language or anything to manipulate HR.

Ministry of Labour should get involved..
Pros
Cons
Upper Management don’t get involved to resolve employees situation with lower management!
no good
Snow School Plow Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS24 July 2019
no good .no good. i didn't have a good experience with them but they do have a good training program for snow plow but it use a bad experince for me but
Took them 3.5 mths to get me a laptop
SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER / SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 July 2019
What a slow organization. Pride themselves on Agile development and really don't know what they're doing.
great starting job
Surveyor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 June 2019
nice place to start . had lots of hours. being laid of was not great. people were nice. had to work a fair amount of hours. finished job was fulfilling.
Great group of Professional Technicians working very well togerther.
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2019
The group of technician was especially fantastic to work with. Everyone was very helpful and interacted very well in such environement with so divers applications. Team leaders were fantastic, productive yet respectful.
Pros
Team of Technicians
Cons
Workload way above acceptable
Environnement de travail interessant
MATELOT DE SALLES DES MACHINE (Former Employee) –  101 BOUL. CHAMPLAIN QUÉ.7 January 2019
Faire la surveillance des moteur en marche et des systemes de la salle des machine. Faire du travail a la journee selon la demande des mecaniciens et des entretiens qui sont requis. Avec l'experience accumulé certaine opportunitées peuvent se presentée. Il y a de bon rapport entre les empolyes. Le mal de mer nous rend le travail plus difficile. Quand le bateau subit la houle de la mer ont se fait bercer au lit c'est tres agreable.
Pros
Vetement de travail fourni apprendre de nouvelle choses
Cons
Travail physique epuisant quelques fois
Work can be slow at times
Junior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2018
The work family is excellent which makes you want to come into work every single day. Many activities happen through the departments. However, the social aspect of it may not be the best as not everyone is willing to get out of their comfort zone and talking to others. Though, whenever asked for help, it was provided and was excellent. People also took responsibility to follow up
Pros
Excellent teams
Cons
Work is very slow
Toxic work environment
National Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2018
I worked for a number of years within this department in a supervisor position, being a technical expert I was recruited from the private industry to help advance and enforce policy and regulations. Middle and Senior Management have showed a very toxic workplace culture, controlling and dictating every outcome. If you are working on sensitives files that demonstrate the wrongdoing of the department, you will be told to keep quiet or you will be simply shoot down.
Pros
Salary Benefits
Cons
Toxic management environment and hidden bullying