TransLink

TransLink Employee Reviews

Driver review
Ok place to work. Hours can range significantly from 4:30am start to 1am finishes. Stressful and lonely at times with little help from management but union supports well.
Challenging and every day is different.
Working for Translink was a great opportunity for me - I did enjoy the job, my peers were lovely to work with - Helpful to the newbie like myself -
However, it was fast paced and can be stressful if this is something you struggle with, though if you like fast paced, time management and working with all types of people then I do recommend the job. Pay is brilliant, Benefits are brilliant. They really do seemed to look after their employees.
leuk en gezellig bedrijf
fijne collega's en er woord goed met je mee gedacht.
good place to work
good place to work with a very good pension . you also would be able to move around deferent depots you would all so be backed up buy trade unions . all yearly pay rises
Pros
yearly pay rises
Cons
heavy work
Amazing atmosphere and brilliant company
I loved working at Translink! The staff and management are so supportive and lovely! The company organise amazing rewards for their staff - you get free travel for you and your spouse!
Overall
Flexie Bus
Paid minimum wage which was in £3.50 pet hr i was on part time contract 16 hours but I had to work at lease 55 hours per week go get a reasonable wage. Thief included 2 late nights maybe Tuesday and Friday and sunday at just time and half. So this was Traslink looking after it's drivers who worked for them but didn't pay a descent wage.
is good opportoonity but da cons is big list
I did the job for lots of months and I liked da parts where I did da work and money was OK... but I kept getting trash spoken by employees and peple I was arround. I report it to the management and say a day off I say OK an d do but I come back and is same. I think da job security is like OK but the management and job culture is NOT OK!!!! da work balance never is matter since only Job because is dun be ok...
Pros
ok
Cons
so much crud, !!
zeer gezellig bedrijf met jonge collega's maar ook collega's met kinderen.
Ik heb het altijd naar mn zin gehad bij Translink. Met name m'n collega's. Ik ben daar ooit begonnen bij de receptie en heb ik mijzelf ontwikkeld naar de functie IT servicedeskmedewerkster. Geen dag is hetzelfde daar.
Great job for everyone
Great job for anybody get pay free uni from and shoes and always there for you
I'm just looking for something new and close to home the pay is good to
Ok, but could be a lot better.
Disorganised company with far, far too much lower and mid level management all out to make names for themselves by walking all over the drivers. Every manager or inspector has their own interpretation of the rules so drivers have no idea of where they stand. Useless new radio system and disinterested metro control room leading to driver stress, especially for the huge number of new drivers being churned out of the training school and thrown straight onto the BRT scheme.

BRT driver morale is through the floor, drivers feel that their concerns are being fobbed off by management and the Union is toothless against them, unreliable hi tech buses forever breaking down and never fixed, constantly changing policy on operations contradicts itself on a near daily basis leaving drivers in limbo and constantly expecting to be disciplined. Drivers now have the mindset of being expendable when being sent into West Belfast knowing there will be no CRPO staff as their management pull them out at the first hint of trouble. Huge turnover of drivers as a result.

Good holidays but dates are fixed for you, decent wage but long hours, very poor work/life balance. Not a family friendly job.
Pros
Free public transport.
Cons
Long hours, told when to take holidays, poor morale, useless management.
grand.
Good atmosphere in the room. The job was a bit repetitive due to the limited nature of the work in train and bus times. Although it was tough to get to this point with the amount of information.
I enjoyed working at Translink
Translink was a enjoyable place to work and wveryonw who worked in it was helpful. They teached me alot of things i never knew. I enjoyed myself at translink.
Pros
I brought my own lunch
Cons
I started at 9 and finished at 3
micro managed
The benefits are good but management likes to micro manage and run down employees. Overall a very stressful workplace. They pick and choose which employees they are going to demoralize each week.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
management is awful
Good team interaction and benefits
Good place to work with good pension scheme. Wide range of cultural workers with good friendly staff. Good benefits for the family with free travel on transport services
Pros
Free travel for the family
Cons
Restricted overtime
Mechanic helper
I have done a range of jobs on vehicles working in all aspects of the workshop from servicing buses to light vehicle work shadowing as I am on placement. I'm fit to take part in any job going and willing to help as a team player to provide the best working ability and to complete the job to the highest standar
Pros
Learn lots
Cons
Only receive £40 per week from college don't receive wages for a 37 hour week
Not bad
Please think long and hard before you take a job as a metro bus driver . The managers will always take the passengers side all of the time . Days are long and you will work two Saturdays out off three and one Sunday out of six. It will take you up to three years to get your only set of dutys so you will be a spare driver works more weekends. As a new driver your summer holidays will be in October and November for the next three to four years . It's far from a family friendly job please think long and hard before taking it on . Metro 1 dutys are 04.45 start one week the next week is 1500 till 2345. Metro three dutys are spreads 7an till 1900 with a few hour off in between and metro two dutys are a bit of each of the other dutys all mixed in .
Pros
£11.55 per hour
Cons
Long hours, Translink tell you when to tell your holidays
Fast paced environment
Constant interaction with customers and vendors via e-mail and telephone. Strong importance of attention to time and detail. Very strong company to survive over 30 years in an unpredictable field.
good company
wasnt there long as it wasnt enough hours for me
loved meeting new people

managent was lovely

co works were lovely and friendly
Pros
3 hours work
Cons
needed more hours
Temporary job whilst travelling
As I was travelling this was the perfect job for a short period of time.They were very flexible with my hours and also allowed a short notice period as I wouldn't know when I was leaving
Fun and Enjoyable Place to work
Management and Co-workers are available for help and advice. As well as this, most persons within the company are very approachable whenever it comes to helping with problems
Pros
Free travel on Public Transport
Cons
Early travel if commuting from outside Belfast
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransLink. Our community is ready to answer.