TRANSIT LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS INC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Do not be discouraged by rumours
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2018
Simply the best experience. Everyone is nice. Good atmosphere. Fun and serious at the same time. Stress is a minimum. Organized and efficient. Would highly recommend.
Great Place to Work
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor Ontario9 January 2018
I am currently employed by Transit Logistics Solutions and have been for multiple years. The company treats their employees with respect and it is not fair for disgruntle employees to post incorrect information.
The company is growing at a fast pace and has went through the regular difficulties of any other growing company. The management treats their employees well, they know their employees by name (people are not just a number).
Everyday brings something different in the trucking industry some day's you struggle, and gripe others are smooth, and you leave happy this is not only a TLS issue it is an industry issue.
My personal experience with TLS has been good, fair, profitable, educational and some days fun. The work load can be heavy at times, but this happens in all industries.
Pros
people
Cons
stressful at times
Pay is good but they don't care about their employees well being
AZ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 March 2017
Can't leave when your shift is done if the next guy is late. You need to know you will be sick hours in advance, they don't understand that sometimes people become sick half way through a shift and need to go home. They will fire you if you have to leave, even if it's the week before Christmas. But they will make you wait 3 weeks to know if you still have a job with them, after numerous phone calls, talking to several different people, to ask why you were taken off the schedule.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Cold hearted owner
A waste of 5 months
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2015
A typical day at this company results in a lot of questions and individual researching due to a lack of communication between all shifts and management.The company also holds different employees to different standards. All this does is create dissension and jealousy amongst the staff. There are days where certain employees will not even converse with other people.

I learned from fellow employees that this company has hired good people before and either let them go or allow them to leave on their own. There are some good people here, including some really good drivers, but there is altogether too much gossiping and too much of throwing others under the proverbial bus.

When hired, I was told there would be benefits available after 90 days. I was not told until after 90 days that I would be paying for it out of my check. Nor was I informed of what my coverage entailed.

When hired, I was told that I would become a shift leader by both the Owner and the General Manager. This never materialized. A request for information pertinent to my job, coupled with some differences of opinion, resulted in my dismissal.

The hardest part of this job is constantly having to get up and go outside to verify trailer and seal numbers, because apparently the drivers cannot be trusted to do their own jobs. This was not in the job description when I was hired and I have never had to do this before in almost 15 years in this industry.

A warning to anyone applying here: look after yourself because there is no team mentality and everyone is expendable.
Pros
Cons
Dissension amongst staff. Having to pay for your own benefits.