Transcom Employee Reviews

easy, feast or famine.
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 February 2018
i liked some of the jobs i did in this place, but some of the ones i was forced into, were absolute trash. management is hit or miss, and job security was questionable at best. (especially now that the site is closing)
Short but sweet experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlo, NB1 February 2018
It was just a 3 month seasonal job as a best buy work at home customer service agent. I learned a lot about best buy as a company, what they offer, how they do business. Management was great, super kind and helpful. Trainer did awesome job of accommodating everyone. It
Pros
Got to work from the comfort of my own home
Cons
Very busy all the time but nothing I wasnt used to and it makes the time go by quicker.
Poor place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 January 2018
Very poor environment to work in and lots of harrassment. Company lies to you and the customers. Transcom does not know how to run an efficient workplace environment and is in the process of shutting down.
Place to work
Customer Service Representative - Phone agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 January 2018
I loved the people i worked with. Didn't like the secretive way they conducted management. Hardest part of the job was shift uncertainty. Also having to feel like you had to fight for a day off.
transcom review
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON14 January 2018
Transcom was a call center that i worked as a CSR at , It was good experience to learn how to handle stressfull situations . I was also given the opportunity to be floor support and help other people on these phone calls and there situations. overall not a bad place to work if u dont mind the stress .
Fine PLace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 December 2017
Love seeing the teams everyday. Lets hope that we can keep driving great customer service for another 365 days a year into 2017. Should be an opportunity in the future to see this company change and morph into something different and more effective
Great people/ high stress enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON15 November 2017
People were great to work with but being a call center you had to be able to adapt to a very high stress and fast pace environment with many demands and lots of changes!
I would not recommend this job.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON26 October 2017
The building was not sanitary, urine and other body fluids on chairs. The team leaders in the building were power hungry they were not there to help they were there to harass especially if the call went over 10 minutes. I wish I could recommend this job but while I was there the company was basically on there knees about to lose the contract. I left the job regarding transportation I left on good terms but they will not hire back a previous employee.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Good environment to work in
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 October 2017
friendly environment to work in. Good people with strong communication skills between teams. I learned more about dealing with customers on a day to day and how to resolve issues.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 August 2017
Leaned a lot working for Transcom, the training was okay. There are a lot of things i think they need to work on as a company.
The hardest part is speaking with customers and doing the system stuff at the same time.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 August 2017
Transcom is a nice place to work. You are dealing with American customers, which is a different culture. You are similar to a repo person at times, but generally people are good.
Pros
eat in kitchen
Cons
air
Good atomosphere for the most part
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 July 2017
the people at the job made it good or bad. the job itself is pretty straightforward and repetitive so its not bad and most people are friendly and helpful around you.
Pros
lots of employee bonuses
Blame and Shame
Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
Stay away from this company!! I wish I could write on this but I'm being blocked from using all the truthful words to describe this company..Stay away
Pros
Nothing good about this Company!!
Cons
Unethical, blame and shame you, they fire you if you go to Whistleblower or HR to report management, bullying and harrassement of employees is encouraged, discrimination, favoritism, nepotism, prejudice thats what leaders do
Energetic work place
Universal Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 July 2017
Was an excellent place to work for never had any complaints i would recommend it to any one who is interested in call centre work as it is a very positive place to work
Worst place ever
Billing Agent (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 June 2017
I worked here for almost a year.If you want low next to minimum wage pay to get yelled at by customers who management defends and tells you to take it then by all means apply here. However Transcom is going under I have been told by management and is losing its clientele, layoffs have begun and if you ever do get hired for some campaign here your job is NOT secure, beware.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
low pay, incompetent management, no job security
I enjoy working here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 June 2017
I just enjoy working here - sure it is stressful only because of the nature of the job, but it pushes me out of my comfort zone. I have read some of these negative reviews and i find that some of them are melodramatic and nonsensical. truth be told aside from the lack of OT available and the constant "client demands" that make our job more difficult - this is a great job - not my ideal career choice but it does what I need it to do - keeps a roof over my head food in my fridge and gas in my car...that is all it needs to be
Pros
Occasional Free Lunch
Cons
Screaming customers
Nice working environment
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON8 June 2017
Nice place to work, excellent working team , potlunch, extra co-curricular activities fun place to work less projects to work , but great learning scope.
productive work place
Senior Help desk Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2017
it was a great place to work close nit family type atmosphere I would probably still working there if they had not moved off shore to manila

excellent employee and employer atmosphere , everyone happy hours, you get to chose extra shifts if you like they are more impressed with a can do attitude rather OMG another job
Not a positive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 April 2017
You come in an log into the phone and computer and you take calls and help the customers. The draw back is that you are expected to take the abuse from the customer and it can be very bad at times. They do put more work and expectations on you with out the pay. There are no raises no bonus. Some of the supervisors are supportive and work for their team members. You are expected to work all holidays no exceptions.
Pros
get a few free lunces a year
Cons
the represive negitive work enviroment
Fast paced work environment
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 April 2017
It was an inbound call centre which is a fast paced working environment. It was a centre for a cable company so I answered a lot of concerns about the service customers were receiving. Also answered emails and dealt with financial accounts.
Pros
Working with a variety of customers
Cons
Night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.