Transcom Employee Reviews

Stressful and drama filled environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON27 July 2019
Transcom was a detriment to my emotional and physical health. Stress levels increased to the point of anxiety attacks before each and every shift. I do not miss it.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 July 2019
Horrible company to work for, no support from management, hours would drop every day, supervisors were not supportive, customers were always angry information not correct
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Not STABLE hours
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON2 July 2019
Workplace ensured you were given the tools needed to get job done and provided performance based incentives to ensure you give the job your all as well as employee satisfaction
Pros
Stable
Cons
No longer exists
Great place and good people
Part-Time Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 July 2019
Lots of hours and great people are at this workplace. I worked this job for a year and a half and also received a customer service award. Ar the time I had to leave due to going to college.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Sometimes Difficult Customers
Fun environment
Sales - Retention - Billing (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 June 2019
Great place to work. Fun environment, amazing managers and fellow employees. Unfortunately place shut down without much notice and did not offer at home jobs to many people.
not here anymore
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 May 2019
Transcom is a typical 3rd party call centre culture, large training class sizes, lack of resources and minimal time as a trainer to prepare.

Work life balance for many was difficult.
training
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 May 2019
Transcom provided intense training prior to commencing in the call centre. This allowed for a positive integration into the workforce with a lot of knowledge to ensure great customer service is achieved.
consistaint schedule, job outsourced to asia
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON11 April 2019
Transcom is a typical call center job. the different contracts they had would usually have a month long training course followed by assisted on job training.
Pros
consistaint hours
Cons
you hadthe same schedule for months at a time
Meh
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 March 2019
Wasn't my "cup of tea" type of work environment.
Management was not helpful. No room for advancement. Typical call centre work environment. Breaks were short and timed; staff would be written up even if 10 seconds coming back from break.
Hours were consistent, trainers were great.
Not ideal for anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 March 2019
Transcom was avery corrupted place to work, the management did not care for their employess, they had terrible benefits and pay grade for them also and there was also alot of drama between colleagues
not my thing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON14 February 2019
long 8 hour days
I learned that people are mean on the phone,
Management managed things
the people were friendly
hardest part was talking to people who didnt understand they had to pay bills
end of the day was most enjoyable
WAH Customer Service
Seasonal Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ontario6 January 2019
Transcom is a very inviting company to work for - flexible hours, great pay and working from home option is invaluable...

There is an amazing support staff behind you and the training is very thorough they don't leave anything out
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 December 2018
Great place to work I wish they didn't go under in my city or id still work there, they had lots of great benefits and awesome work hours always helpful to the employees great all the way around
Avoid this job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Canada10 December 2018
Worst job I have ever experienced. As a “temporary/contract” employee, there is a lot of pressure, no time off, no management is willing to help, never answer emails.

Their programs are out of date and I always had tech issues which I was blamed for and not paid for those hours.

You are verbally abused daily by the callers and there is not much training involved. 2 week training is pretty much watching unicorn videos and talking about things that don’t have to do with the programs.

Rumours are the company is in the process of closing so I’m assuming that’s why it’s so poorly ran and unorganized.

If you don’t meet 100% attendance ( even if you have a reason for the needed time off), and their certain times for calls you are sent a email with all staff and your name and numbers are highlighted in red for everyone to see.

A girl that worked with me got rushed to hospital and then was fired that day because she didn’t call in sick. She was terminated immediately after not logging in on time.

Wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Gained a backbone and able to deal with angry people
Cons
Bad management, no advancement, long hours
Great job. Loved working at home. Learned a lot about CSR role.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 November 2018
After leaving an administrative contract, I had a seasonal CSR position with Transom within a week. I received two weeks fully paid training where I learned about the processes, procedures and systems I would be using to support the client and their customers. I had never worked as a CSR and was nervous about irate customers. However if you are able to be mature and offer empathy and good service, you end up with loads of appreciative customers. I loved talking to people every day and it was great working in the comfort of my own home office.

Yes, there are expectations from you just like in any job. You have to meet productivity targets which are not difficult if you are doing your job correctly. It was a supportive environment and I think a pretty good job overall. I was grateful to have work when the alternative was unemployment.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Salary could be higher
Un endroit de formation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2018
Ici les agents sont en continuelle formation: on couvre les assurances, le credit, le soutien technique, le service à la clientèle dans un tout cohérent. Je suis sorti de là TRANSformé comme le suggère le nom TRANSCOM.
Pros
Formation continue
Cons
Les superviseurs ont la meme formation que nous.
Lots of oppertunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2018
This company showed lots of opportunity for the taking and the people working there were friendly and helpful. The environment was progressive and the calls were exciting as the customers were from another country.
Good culture
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 November 2018
Fixed hours makes it easy to plan yourself well,work was relaxed and fun,mental pressure sometimes with customers on the phone.Flexible management and friendly staff
Avoid
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Home Based10 October 2018
I worked for this company for 10 years and did home work. Very little support while working, equipment which was old and outdated, favoritism, lots of abuse from callers. Company themselves have the typical attitude that you are replaceable. Most support out of Philippines who have a don't care attitude. There are better call centers if you really want to this kind of work. Only advantage is you are working from home.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no support, messed up pay
Productive place
Air Conditioner Admin Support(Samsung Australia) (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region10 October 2018
Productive place with amazing people. Transcom is one of my stepping stone, the people around me helps me to develop my consciousness, and my interpersonal skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.