Transcom

Transcom Employee Reviews

Canada180 reviews
I enjoyed working for Transcom when I was first hired but after a year the client base changed and I found it a challenge after that. Supervisors were very helpful and encouraging and fellow employees were very nice.
Was welcomed to the team picked my hours and days off then sent a rejected email this was uncalled for and unprofessional. I would avoid this company and save yourself a huge headache.
Cons
Misleading, Unprofessional
A typical day at work involved helping customers. The most enjoyable was the people that I worked with. I felt like there should have been more opportunities for growth quicker
Work was to be expected, fast paced
Customers were generally good to deal with and managers were understanding

Training process was done really well

Stressful when dealing with irritated customers as they were sometimes irratic or verbally abusive because their service was out
Any customer service call center job can be stressful and if you work or have worked in a call center environment before then you should know what to expect. I found it great to work there but wish it was full time and not temporary.
A typical day at work for a tech support agent was to help fix any technical problem with the phone, TV or internet for the company we worked for which was Brighthouse Networks and the Specturm in the United States.
typical day login take calls all day
learned to ask probing questions

management went downhill after was bought by international company

had lots of workplace events

was hard keeping up with all the changes

friendly competition made the workplace fun
Pros
everyone was helpful
Cons
closed due to political enviroment
When you first start, it will seem like you have supportive Management and Team Leads. Then once you start the job, the reality sets in. Management and Team Leads almost NEVER respond to messages unless they want something, and the tier 2 senior people who are supposed to be your support system, think that they can get away with being blatantly rude to you or "bully" you when you ask them what they deem to be a 'stupid' question. There is no job security at Transcom and in the short time that I was there I saw 2 senior people who were there for YEARS be fired for seemingly unjust reasons. The company is highly disorganized and very understaffed, and they only care about how many hours you can give them, but God forbid that YOU need something like a specific day off - you get nothing from them but *crickets*. This place is an absolute joke, and would not recommend it to anyone.
If you're looking for a temp job with steady hours - the place for you. Keep in mind: you're going to be used for high stress situations. Like, answering month old emails for customers expecting assistance.
Not enough management at all. Training was a literal crash course that did not prepare you. Questions go unanswered, different answers to the questions you do get an answer to.

Payroll is not reliable. At all. Will not even answer you quickly if it's urgent.
Productive and fun workplace
peaceful environment

management supports

skills development

the most enjoyable part of the job is check the gift card balance
The work itself could be stressful at times but it was also fairly simple. It was generally busy daily, but was always a fun place to be with so many different co workers
Don't plan on keeping your job for long as it's all up to whether the clients re-sign their contract. Overall a good experience but not necessarily one that I would recommend.
The hardest part of the job for me was being pregnant and emotional while getting called names from customers who were not happy even when I was doing my best to help them. I got told to kill myself by a very angry customer that was mad we did not have anything in stock for her to order right away.
Managers don't know how to manage people; very stressful and understaffed. Only based on metrics as most call centers are. Not much job security either.
With exception of a few professionals, ethical, savvy leaders, entire org is a disaster top down! Leaders use HR as scapegoat for their decisions..
There is no such thing as fair, equal or inclusion. Run away from this company fast!!!
good place to work if you can handle the fast paced environment and remember not to let customers yelling at you get to you. good support for meeting your metrics.
Very, good place to work. Very organized and professional. Haven't seen a company this organizationed. Very laid back relaxed environment management was professional.
Just Don't. That's really all I can say. But since this thing is going to force me to say more.

They had me taking calls for a big store after their last day to buy xmas mail in items. HOLY NO the amount of people that screamed at me. If you want a temp job where you just get yelled at, THIS is the job for you.
Worked in two department both in French and English would gladly work there again but the place closed so I had no choice the staff was great when help is required one gets office doors are always open
Pros
Lots of help when you need it
Cons
None really
Would recommend this employer. Paid training, bonuses, paid time off. Good support for any on call questions. Only thing I'd change is the hours. Overall good company.
Environment is very productive and people are helpful.
Starting from interview process, process is very clear and its helpful.

Leads and fellow colleagues are supporting.