Transcom

Canada311 reviews

Found 311 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,449 reviews
centrecablecustomeragentphonesupportcentercustom

Not the worst Work from Home position

Once you reach the group interview stage, you'll be hired by the end of the call. The training schedule seems far too tight, unless your entire class is perfect with no system errors; you'll be directed to click through training modules to "complete" them without having spent time on the material. If your equipment or software are not running correctly by the time you "class" begins training you're not given any additional time for the previous lessons, but are expected to learn them while also participating in the current modules when you're operational again. Attendance requirements can impact your job security, quality of training and eligibility for bonuses quickly. However, training is engaging which helps in the learning process. There is a variety of schedules to choose from so while you're fairly "locked in" when you make your choice, you have a lot of freedom in choosing the kind of schedule you'd like t have for work from the start. You are provided the computer, and an initial keyboard and headset (that you'll need to replace should they stop working) which many similar places will not provide.

Pros

work from home, provided equipment

Cons

strict policies, speed of training feels unbalanced

A good WAH job

A good company to work with. You get to help customers of a Forbes 500 company and are able to work from home. However the only downside was that there was no time off!

Insights into Transcom

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks

good career starter

Good workplace culture, good managers that really makes you feel at home. You are paid average as a call center agent in any other job, but the support is there. Definitely a good place to kick start your career

Good work life balance

Transcom has a good work-life balance. You are able to take as much UPTO (certain amount available up to 45 days in advance). The management also tends to listen and react well to feedback. On the other hand, pay can and should be improved.

Pros

Upto, and PTO

Cons

Can get repetitive

Not an inclusive workplace

This company does not consider international students for working part-time hours. If you state that you are an international student who is available to work part-time hours, your application will immediately be rejected.

Pros

Cons

not an inclusive workplace

It was nice

Good company, can't think of anything to complain about. HR was very caring and flexible with accommodations when needed, and were willing to go above and beyond to ensure I felt safe and happy working there. I unfortunately had to part ways due to personal reasons, but I would definitely recommend Transcom.

Ok place to work

Work balance life is not there and they can abruptly change your schedule with very short notice. Pay is not bad. Can get very stressful at times. Typical call center atmosphere

Decent all things considered

You're a technical support rep for Apple most likely.Fast paced, sometimes super slow but almost always back to back calls. If you can handle being yelled at every once in a while it's an easy job honestly. Work from home is nice, but not like you can step away from the computer. I was promoted twice within 16 months, one promotion was guaranteed after 6 months the second my manager recommend me for. Fast paced and can be stressful. All things considered, stable work and room for growth. Pay is quite low however.

Normal call centre, fast paced and technical support.

Work is fast paced, irate customers who don't know how to use their phones. Overall an above average place to work. Get in if you are good with the technical knowledge about various devices.

Not for Everyone

Easy to let customers get to your head when they're emotional and blaming everything on you, and easy to lose performance bonus as it is based majorly on customer satisfaction surveys

Great Company

Transcom is cool for now. You learn something new everyday. Technical Support is a new experience and I like it. The pay could be a bit more but that’s fine.

Stressful, fast paced job

Overall, good pay and experience if you want to get your foot in the door. You get to chose between 8 hr, 10 hr, and split shifts. Everyone i knew that chose split shift got weekends off... Split shift sucks because you need to stay on a call even if your shift is over- calls can be 30 mins to even 1.5 hours past your shift. Management is terrible and they only care about getting their monthly bonuses... they do sneaky things reach that bonus- they hate their jobs as well. 5 weeks paid training was nice, don't need to pay attention and get paid. You can take as much unpaid time off as needed. Also there are bonuses based on your monthly stats- stats are based on customers rating on how you did which most of the time is bad. Overall decent place to work for a few months if you want to work from home, but please for your sanity, dont work here for longer

Pros

Choose shift schedule, can request unlimited unpaid time off, Discounts, Benefits, Monthly bonuses added on to pay.

Cons

Poor management, Rude customers, Long calls. Micromanage... much more but you get it

learned a lot about customer service and tech products

They teach you about customer service and tech products. It is fast-paced most of the time. Sometimes during the holidays things slow down. Management was very easy to work with.

Interesting company with some flaws

Typical day is filled with rules and you will be coached if an error is made etc. The learning curve is not bad if you are techy but it can get tricky.

Extremely stressful

extremely stressful work with low salary, no career advancement opportunity whatsoever, have to take calls all day without any interval and deal with toxic people. mentally exhausting

Pros

work from home

Cons

everything

Worst job I've ever done

Working in a factory pays better and is way less stressful. Management doesn't care about you. All they care is stats and their bonuses. The only benefit is the unlimited unpaid leaves. Everything else is bad. Stay away!

I would never work for Transcom again.

At the start, it seemed great. But then they expected three concurrent chats with strict time restrictions; they constantly hounded you to finish your chats and make your notes. Not to mention the broken systems you had to work with. It was exhausting and for minimum wage. I have a lot of skills. I am a hard worker. And I would never work for Transcom again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. Don't get me wrong, there were some great people there. But the expectations were unrealistic.

Toxic work for support positions

No work life balance for Support positions. Always have to.render overtime because workload is too much for a single person. They will offer promotions just to appease disgruntlef employee but the salary is a joke compared to level of workload

For what it was, a good place to work.

For me timing was good, and I was looking for one thing that would keep me busy. It was my first job in call centre environment and I learned a great deal about call queues.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

Tight schedule

It's a paycheque....period!

The main benefit...you work from home, if your schedule doesn't work for you long term it will take months to have you schedule changed to something more desirable and as a deterrent to changing your schedule if your current schedule has 2 guaranteed set days off they tell you those will likely change with only 1 guaranteed day & the other 1 or 2 on varying days. You're expected to be in a quiet environment all the time, so no deliveries knocking, no pets, no phone, no kids...nothing...NO NOISE! There's the constant stress of following your schedule as closely as possible, so if lunch is set for 1pm try to adhere to that & be back online at 1:30pm sharp, don't go over cause that time will be taken back e.g of you work an 8hr day and you're late logging back on say by 2mins you will be paid for 7hrs 58mins and if it happens too often you may get a warning.I could go on but if you're NOT OK with taking back to back calls all day, sometimes being yelled at, speaking to at times rude, entitled customers who you're still expected to be nice to then this isn't the job for you.

Pros

You work from home, they provide the equipment & paid training.

Cons

Hours are set shifts and doesn't change, so if your schedule is Weds-Sun 11am to 7:30pm EST, (they follow CST), then that will be your schedule unless it's changed, which takes months, so no weekends off with that schedule.

Excellent , supportive workplace

Great company .. pay is not high but the company is all about advancement and support. Overall a good experience if you can bear with the customers - they are generally impatient and painful to deal with. If you understand the workings of the products you will be very successful

Pros

Choice of shifts

Cons

Customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement