Transcom logo
Transcom

Transcom Employee Reviews

Found 212 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,860 reviews

Not What You Expect

Not enough pay for the stress of back-to-back cruddy customers that talk down to you. And an average of 7 seconds between calls. You need mental health breaks more often than you are given. And the biggest key performance indicator is the customer satisfaction surveys. So no matter how hard you work with cruddy customers, if they review you badly, it affects your whole job - and nothing you can do about that.Its a job where you are expected to actually work every minute of the day, and you are under very close scrutiny to ensure you are working every minute. Not working every minute is considered "Call Avoidance" which can get you immediately fired.Also, be prepared to deal with a HUGE number of people who say something is not their job, it's someone else's. Or if something breaks, its on you not the company.

Pros

plenty of coaching/training

Cons

Working every minute of the day, low pay for the garbage attitudes and expectations, and too much focus on blaiming others instead of just owning it and fixing it.

Fast paced customer facing Time

Stressful work, with little to no compensations and long working hours where OT is almost a given.Very strict on punctuality and although they say it's not scripted, everything you do and follow is based off of articles you read out line for line. Management does a poor joh at taking credit when they mess up your schedules or pay and you're told you can take sometime after rough calls, but when you request it, they don't allow you to. Management claims to value mental health but you don't even have wellness days to take off. Promotion is only based on csat and meeting kpi and drivers. Everything is based off of whether you reach CSAT frpm surveys that are given out randomly. Neutral responses or no responses count against you. And never do they remove DSATs that are not directed towards you.Only pro is work from home.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long hours, low pay, stressful environment, poor management

Enjoyed the job

I really enjoyed this work from home position. One thing people might find annoying about it though is the fact that your performance greatly relies on surveys. So there are instances you could get negative surveys for reasons that are clearly out of your control. Even though the TLs would acknowledge that the cause of the negative survey is out of your control, your stats would still remain affected.

Pros

Learn new technologies. Easy to grow in the company.

Cons

Dsats

Good pay and benefits, they expect robots

The pay, benefits, and hours are good. When joining I was offered a choice between a split shift (4 hours, several off, then another 4 hours,) 4x10 hour days per week, and 5x8 hour days per week. The shifts are consistent with opportunities for overtime and not once did my shift change in my time with the company.They want you to follow a specific script 'done your way,' to make it feel less robotic. Every interaction in the company felt like everyone else was reading off a script. The QA persons, the direct supervisor, everyone felt as hollow and impersonal as can be. Worth a shot, if you can get used to it then it's a good pay for call center work, reliable hours, and good benefits.

Pros

Consistent hours, provide equipment, good benefits, good pay

Cons

Robotic expectations, impersonal management, high expectations

Not a good place to work

I had very bad experiences here I’m not gonna name every one of them But I’ll say this now they don’t really care about peoples disabilities and health problems

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Not caring about anyone

Not an inclusive place of work

There is alot of favouritism, watch out for management they will band together to get rid of you while giving you a smile to your face. Management will nit pick minor things even if your stats are good or above average. The company has a sink or swim culture, dont expect support from your peers culture created by managements approach to not provide support when needed. Management will even come up with policies to mark you down for, policies that dont even exist . If you are part of a minority group as POC or LGBT you will be grouped together and not be included in broader meetings and left to fend for yourself. Gross this is filler position as there is no job security having management constantly riding on a high horse, no support , no inclusivity and pay is mediocre at best

Pros

work from home

Cons

discrimination, no support, micromanagement

A very good remote job that gives you growth advancement

Transcom is a good remote company based all over the world. They just started working in Canada August 2020 and are growing fast. Good work/life balance and remuneration is also accordingly to the amount of work you put in.

Pros

Permanent remote work with a competitive salary

Cons

Long days and calls

Don't work here

Don't care if you need a sick day during training, will let you go asap. They see you as a number over a person. Will hire anyone. Training is super boring and 8 hours a day and for 30 + days. Don't really know what this company even does to be honest cant find anything about them online. Just one of those jobs if you are super desperate.

Good pay, fun place to work! Very understanding!

This has been my favourite work from home company I have ever worked for. Management was amazing, and understanding. We went through 3 weeks of training, and then gradually went into calls 2 weeks after training. It was a very stressful place to work as there is a ton of rules + guidelines you need to follow, and there is a lot to learn and comprehend. Customers can get very upset and rude towards you. Technical support isn't for everyone. If you know what you are getting into, and you are Tech Savvy + love to help people? This is the place for you!

Pros

Benefits, good pay, good management

Cons

stressful workload

Steady call centre work with good pay

As long as you know what you're getting into working at a call centre, Transcom is an overall good place to work. We had a full 3 weeks of training, and then eased into full days taking calls over a two week period. The campaign I work on is technical support, there is a steep learning curve and its not for everyone, definitely more advanced than a CSR position. My only complaint is that the quality department is not compromised of agents who were promoted from within the same campaign, and there is sometimes a disconnect due to lack of practical experience.

Pros

Paid training, overtime available, bonuses paid monthly

Cons

A lot to learn, job and customers can be difficult, high call volume, a lot of metrics to meet, no dental benefitst

Jobs at Transcom

See more jobs

Productive and a fun place

The job was a bit hard at first but then I slowly got used it. It was a great experience working here and I would recommend others to this job. It was really good learning experience.

Was welcomed to the team picked my hours and days off then sent a rejected email this was uncalled for and unprofessional. I would avoid this company and save yourself a huge headache.

Cons

Misleading, Unprofessional

Call Centre Agent

I enjoyed working for Transcom when I was first hired but after a year the client base changed and I found it a challenge after that. Supervisors were very helpful and encouraging and fellow employees were very nice.

It was a decent job for the time being

A typical day at work involved helping customers. The most enjoyable was the people that I worked with. I felt like there should have been more opportunities for growth quicker

Decent

Work was to be expected, fast paced Customers were generally good to deal with and managers were understanding Training process was done really well Stressful when dealing with irritated customers as they were sometimes irratic or verbally abusive because their service was out

Good

Any customer service call center job can be stressful and if you work or have worked in a call center environment before then you should know what to expect. I found it great to work there but wish it was full time and not temporary.

Technical Support

A typical day at work for a tech support agent was to help fix any technical problem with the phone, TV or internet for the company we worked for which was Brighthouse Networks and the Specturm in the United States.

The people I worked with became like family

typical day login take calls all day learned to ask probing questions management went downhill after was bought by international company had lots of workplace events was hard keeping up with all the changes friendly competition made the workplace fun

Pros

everyone was helpful

Cons

closed due to political enviroment

Don't be fooled

When you first start, it will seem like you have supportive Management and Team Leads. Then once you start the job, the reality sets in. Management and Team Leads almost NEVER respond to messages unless they want something, and the tier 2 senior people who are supposed to be your support system, think that they can get away with being blatantly rude to you or "bully" you when you ask them what they deem to be a 'stupid' question. There is no job security at Transcom and in the short time that I was there I saw 2 senior people who were there for YEARS be fired for seemingly unjust reasons. The company is highly disorganized and very understaffed, and they only care about how many hours you can give them, but God forbid that YOU need something like a specific day off - you get nothing from them but *crickets*. This place is an absolute joke, and would not recommend it to anyone.

Not Enough

If you're looking for a temp job with steady hours - the place for you. Keep in mind: you're going to be used for high stress situations. Like, answering month old emails for customers expecting assistance. Not enough management at all. Training was a literal crash course that did not prepare you. Questions go unanswered, different answers to the questions you do get an answer to. Payroll is not reliable. At all. Will not even answer you quickly if it's urgent.

Productive and fun work place

Productive and fun workplace peaceful environment management supports skills development the most enjoyable part of the job is check the gift card balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement