TransCold Distribution Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2019
Awesome staff, Room for growth. Great management staff who actually care about you. Salary, and great benefits as well. Group rrsp. Cold work environment.
Fun company to work for
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2019
family type business, good people, good products, flexible hours, work independently, bad economy resulted in lay offs
Opportunity to work in various departments depending on experience
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
struggling business, no job security
Official response from TransCold Distribution
7 February 2019

Thank you for the kind words. We do try to act as a family-oriented business and our people are our greatest strength. In common with other businesses, TransCold sometimes need to make the hard decision of laying off employees as a result of changing market/business conditions. These layoffs are never easy for all concerned. We are mindful of the impacts of these decisions to employees and their families and do everything we can to assist them during this transition.

Don't bother
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 November 2018
This place is a joke. They spend NO money on their office or warehouse space. ( The short time I was there, I witnessed two people who had horrible accidents in the warehouse and had to go to the hospital and the operations manager admitted to me that they don't have a special anti-slip coating on the floor (which they're supposed to have )to prevent people from slipping and having these accidents.

The office is filthy. The carpets look like they haven't been cleaned or vacuumed in years. You receive NO training and the equipment is OLD (they actually use a dot matrix printer). They have NO proper software systems and instead use a housemade system using Excel.

The 5 star reviews are all fake and written by management.

Administrative Assistants make $15/hr yet they expect you to have the kind of experience and knowledge that an advanced Admin would have, but they say, "oh, but you can have all the ice cream you want! Well I'm sorry but I'm not 12 years old and you can't pay rent with ice cream.
Pros
Cons
low pay, no training
Official response from TransCold Distribution
7 February 2019

Thank you for the enthusiasm in your response, but you have a number of factual inaccuracies in your review you may have misunderstood. We do take safety seriously by exceeding all industry safety requirements and having a First Aid attendant on site at each location. During the time of your employment, we had one employee (not two) with a minor shoulder injury that was quickly and seriously addressed. With only 10 employees in this location, we are a close-knit team and would not stand for a fellow employee to be put in a dangerous situation.
Each office employee receives a focused onboarding plan for a minimum of one week and training continues throughout the employee’s first 90 days. Employees are also empowered to continue their development and reach out to colleagues with questions. We do pay above market wages for the area, but our records do not match your stated wage. We regret that you did not enjoy your time with us.

Great and challenge place to work
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC11 May 2018
It is a wonderful and unforgettable experience working at Transcold Distribution, I have seen the company grows rapidly since it started 15 year ago. It is a friendly and multi-culture, fun place to work, but it is challenge.
The company always brings new excitements and new challenges to their employees, at the meanwhile, the company provides variety benefit programs, such as MSP, Group Medical Insurance, Group RSP etc. to help their employees to maintain the best of work-life balance.
In appreciation of your services and dedications, the company has 5, 10, 15…years’ service rewards and “Employee of Year” recognition program etc. You might be the next winner!!
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Challenge
Growing company with great atmosphere
Inside Sales / Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC8 May 2018
TransCold is a dream job for me! The company hasn`t stopped growing and evolving since I started. Every day brings something new. There is room for advancement as we grow larger. They offer a consistent schedule. The nature of the business brings busy summers, but there is usually a cold treat in the breakroom! The people I work with make me eager to come back day after day!
Pros
Cold treats and consistent schedule
Cons
Busy summer
Challenging and fun with a great team of long time employees
Sales Department (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC18 April 2018
I've worked with a lot of companies and the staff at TransCold are the easiest to work with I've seen. The management and staff are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable with a good sense of humor. They are always looking for new ideas and will support you in pursuing them. Many of the staff have been there 10 years or more because they promote from within regularly. I really appreciate the work-life balance they encourage. Summers do get busy so you learn what needs to be prioritized. The only downsides are the traffic on Annacis Island and eating too much ice cream. For such a large company, they still feel like a tight-knit group. I definitely recommend them.
Pros
supportive and straightforward staff and management
Cons
Everyone will ask you for free ice cream
This company lacks proper management.
Grocery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2017
There is a lot of favoritism given to junior and less qualified staff. The manager seems to think threatening staff everyday, along with abusive and belittling language is quite acceptable. If you enjoy being verbally abused and unappreciated this is the job for you. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Long hours, no room for advancement
good place to gain experience but not advancement in career
Accounting administration (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC8 August 2017
Finance department is the worst place to work, other position such as route driver, sales is better.
not very friendly working environment, pay cheap
Seasonal Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 November 2016
Work at Transcold is mostly seasonal. Being that their main products are ice cream work can tend to be slow at times especially during the winter. (which is a good thing if you don't like work)
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
long hours / big orders during ice cream season
really great company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 September 2016
the company treats us well, not too many complaints from us...job is good for the island and the manager is good to us. fair and good pay. they need to make it a bit warmer in the upstairs during winter, but we manage.
Pros
pay is good, fair managers
Cons
need warmer upstairs in winter
terrible condition
slave (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 November 2015
i got hurt on their job the conditions were terrible they just tossed me away they are not a good company to work for warehouse are treated like garbage stay away from this place
Pros
Cons
no overtime pay and your lucky if you get the days off your owed
this was a good place to work for but you are not treated fairly and i have never seen anyone stay with them longer then myself
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2014
they let me go after my 3 month probation was up and i was gettin a raise
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
not being treated with kindness and respect when thats how you treat ppl
Transport and customer service
Sales Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 July 2013
Employed as a Sales Route Driver. Job duties included keeping a daily inventory, inventory management, and merchandising. Planning out efficient delivery routes and ensuring customer inventories were fully stocked and catered to customer needs on demand requests.
I enjoyed the independence of this job as I worked by myself most of the day. The company had a good work, life, balance attitude. TransCold improved my management and organizational skills.
Pros
Friendly work environment