TransCold Distribution Employee Reviews

Great and challenge place to work
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC11 May 2018
It is a wonderful and unforgettable experience working at Transcold Distribution, I have seen the company grows rapidly since it started 15 year ago. It is a friendly and multi-culture, fun place to work, but it is challenge.
The company always brings new excitements and new challenges to their employees, at the meanwhile, the company provides variety benefit programs, such as MSP, Group Medical Insurance, Group RSP etc. to help their employees to maintain the best of work-life balance.
In appreciation of your services and dedications, the company has 5, 10, 15…years’ service rewards and “Employee of Year” recognition program etc. You might be the next winner!!
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Challenge
Challenging and fun with a great team of long time employees
Sales Department (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC18 April 2018
I've worked with a lot of companies and the staff at TransCold are the easiest to work with I've seen. The management and staff are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable with a good sense of humor. They are always looking for new ideas and will support you in pursuing them. Many of the staff have been there 10 years or more because they promote from within regularly. I really appreciate the work-life balance they encourage. Summers do get busy so you learn what needs to be prioritized. The only downsides are the traffic on Annacis Island and eating too much ice cream. For such a large company, they still feel like a tight-knit group. I definitely recommend them.
Pros
supportive and straightforward staff and management
Cons
Everyone will ask you for free ice cream
This company lacks proper management.
Grocery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2017
There is a lot of favoritism given to junior and less qualified staff. The manager seems to think threatening staff everyday, along with abusive and belittling language is quite acceptable. If you enjoy being verbally abused and unappreciated this is the job for you. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Long hours, no room for advancement
good place to gain experience but not advancement in career
Accounting administration (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC8 August 2017
Finance department is the worst place to work, other position such as route driver, sales is better.
not very friendly working environment, pay cheap
Seasonal Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 November 2016
Work at Transcold is mostly seasonal. Being that their main products are ice cream work can tend to be slow at times especially during the winter. (which is a good thing if you don't like work)
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
long hours / big orders during ice cream season
really great company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 September 2016
the company treats us well, not too many complaints from us...job is good for the island and the manager is good to us. fair and good pay. they need to make it a bit warmer in the upstairs during winter, but we manage.
Pros
pay is good, fair managers
Cons
need warmer upstairs in winter
terrible condition
slave (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 November 2015
i got hurt on their job the conditions were terrible they just tossed me away they are not a good company to work for warehouse are treated like garbage stay away from this place
Pros
Cons
no overtime pay and your lucky if you get the days off your owed
Transport and customer service
Sales Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 July 2013
Employed as a Sales Route Driver. Job duties included keeping a daily inventory, inventory management, and merchandising. Planning out efficient delivery routes and ensuring customer inventories were fully stocked and catered to customer needs on demand requests.
I enjoyed the independence of this job as I worked by myself most of the day. The company had a good work, life, balance attitude. TransCold improved my management and organizational skills.
Pros
Friendly work environment