TransCanada Employee Reviews

Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2018
large organization, well structured and managed large organization, people are friendly, and open to new ideas. Lots of growth opportunities with TransCanada
Great place for a Co-op Engineering
Engineering Technical Support (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2018
Very Great Company!

I would like to go back after I graduate! I was accepted as an Engineering Coop Student from UVIC. The company treated me very well. I really appreciate all the mentoring and guidance they gave me.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
Spent many years working as an engineer in various positions. Great work / life balance, challenging, and in general a positive working culture. The company has changed since the business restructuring awhile back and it isn't as fun a place to work as it used to be, hopefully they can turn it around. It is a fairly dynamic work place that seems to move people around somewhat often unfortunately.
Pros
Good salary and benefits, lots of time off, reasonable work pace
Cons
Management and politics tends to get interesting too often. Lots of dead weight hanging around.
Bad Management
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2018
TransCanada was a good place to work until the recent organizational changes in 2015. Good people/ managers were let go and replaced by managers that didnt know or care to learn about the departments they were now head of.
ok
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2018
The organization was built upon good values however these did not translate very well in the team i was working in. Management was very selective and pointed the finger a lot
Lack of Strategy
Talent Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary3 January 2018
Many senior leaders are satisfied with maintaining status quo. When faced with opportunity to innovate the response is "what's wrong with what we've done in the past". Not recommended for someone who is keen to make a difference and a meaningful contribution. They are very tactical and challenged to make decisions.
Excellent place to work with opportunities for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2017
In the time I worked at TransCanada, I had the opportunity to move and upgrade to several positions which enhanced my ability to learn new skills, work in different departments and become knowledgeable of the company as a whole; I like to experience new roles and I work well under pressure hence TransCanada was a good fit for me.
Pros
lots of working lunches, flex days, offe site team building
Cons
in a busy downtown location with expensive parking
Great place to work at
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2017
Great place to get started on a sales career. Great management and helpful associates help you succeed in every way possible. Everyone's there to help you succeed.
Excellent Internship Learning experience
Canadian Gas Operations Intern Co-op (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Worked at transCanada for 16 months for an engineering internship in the program planning department. Team was very focussed on teaching and allowing me to experience as much as possible within the corporation.
Great company
Manager Project Information Management (Employee) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
Unfortunately pipelines are not popular at the present time due to an uneducated belief that they are an environmental hazard and are unsafe. This was a great company to work for and I'd still be there but for the down turn in fuel prices and the anti-pipeline protests that slowed, and in some cases caused the cancellation of projects.

However I believe that pipelines are the safest mode of transportation for liquid fossil fuels. It is a complex system and requires dedication and educated employees to succeed.

Working hours are standard, overtime is not mandatory, safety is a priority. People are friendly and helpful.
helpful staff on all levels
Mechanical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grassland, AB18 September 2017
Answers to all questions. Family setting. Very helpful and supportive.
The CM sets the attitude on site. Our CM was very clear on direction, very helpful on having the right people on site to be available for each other and for the contractor.
Pros
Moral was high
Cons
New guy in town. last in line for re hire
Educational and good working initiative to work with Aboriginals
Aboriginal Construction Participant Program (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2017
good paying job but only short term; working with Aboriginal communities is a good initiative to building good working relationships but should long term
Pros
a good smart coordinator
Cons
driving 200 kms per day exhausting
Overview
Director Major Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2017
A good place to work with a great group of people. The company is undergoing lots of change unfortunately there aren't lots of opportunities to grow. I hope this changes.
Great place to work at
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2017
The company has a great culture. The company shows that it cares about its employees. Great leaders and a great portfolio of projects. Definitely recommended.
Pros
Cons
Uncertain times in our industry... not a con against the company
Great Place to learn and grow
Indigenous Relations Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
TransCanada really know how to take care of their summer students like they were already employees of a great company. It has been a pleasure experiencing the corporate industry.
Productive and nice workplace
Contracts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
At TransCanada the work place is focused on work but people a super nice to work with.
My work is interesting I have learned about compliance for a transportation company.
Toxic
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2017
They treat you like cattle. You are only a number. The HR team is toxic and very nepotistic. Golden Handcuffs are the norm. Incompetant bum kissers get promoted and hard working employees get fired constantly. This is a bad place to work.
Excellent Management Team and Safety Culture
Senior Safety Inspector-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft MacMurray24 July 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working with this group from the projects.
A typical day at work is one that rarely feels out of control. Everyone within the group tends to communicate and include quickly to find solutions to the day to day issues that come up.
The only hard part bout the job is being away from the family. Working away can take its toll. The schedule to be away can go a bit long.
My most enjoyable part is the people I work with. There's always a lot of laughs and support when you really need it.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
long hours and long shifts away from the family
It was a productive and collaborative environment with a great work/life balance
Senior Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Until just before my exit, a typical day at work was exciting despite the workload - team work, trainings and open-door management. But now don't know
Pros
Training & development
Cons
Heavy workload
Productive workspace
Senior GIS Developer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
I worked 2 weeks sprints of Agile methodology and every day scrum, which are helped to work various technologies. I really enjoyed work with Transcanada.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransCanada. Our community is ready to answer.