Transcanada Turbines

Transcanada Turbines Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews

Good place to work. Broke employment Contract.

Good place to work. Will hold back ability to get seals in trades though. Threats to be fired if looking into getting seals. Good culture aside from that, everyone is very friendly and benefits are good. Broke contracts for many employees which had set raises.

Arrogant Management, Back-stabbing workers

This workplace has extreme levels of office politics. A lot of people are stressed and the management encourages snitching on fellow co-workers. Almost everyone is trying to get ahead by pulling the other guy/gal down. Backbiting is rampant. Top level management is overpaid, with subpar performance. But the most venomous person at this company would have to be the HR lady who LOVES the chance to fire people (she lives for it). If you are part of the inner-clique you'll love this place, but if you have ideas of your own on how to improve processes and even slightly challenge the status quo, you'll be escorted out the door without any consideration whatsoever.

High stress with high staff turnover

Poor workplace environment with high staff turnover resulting in sub-standard working conditions expected in this field. Avoid working here if possible.

OK place to work

Good place to learn, promotes continuing education. Good social culture, good benefits, Safety conscious. Definite divide between management and employees.

It is an interesting that this company Repairs and overhauls both GE and Siemens aeroderivative industrial gas turbine engines.

The business is a bit cyclical and it is tied to power generation and Oil & Gas sectors. In the Alberta region, it is one of the few gas turbine related company. The plant is usually very clean and they emphasize on health and safety of the employees.

Poor management

We never really knew what to do with accordance to our work. we were very micro managed. Our manager worked through intimidation, not by helping us with issues we may have been having with our jobs.

Pros

Good Hours

Cons

Miss Managment

Productive and fun place to work with many potluck lunches and social activities.

Started at work 7 am till 3:30 pm. If work load was high, worked 10-12 hrs. a day and 8-12 hrs. on weekend. I learned a great deal about single and dual plane balancing, full borescope inspections and full testing of gas turbine engines. Had a healthy relationship will all supervisors as well as company vice president and president. The hardest part of the job is when it was slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was working together with all the Technicians building engines.

Good place to work but..

A general good place to work with good people and a fun job.. But management is a key issue in the business also as much as they tell you to speak out dont!! the first people they fire are always the ones who speak out. Also why to top heavy almost as many office staff as actual people working on the floor.

A good company to work for.

TCT was an exceptionally good company to work for that offered a good salary along with very good benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone who is applying there.

Great bunch of folk on the floor

do not have an opinion of your own, even if you are right. Do not have time off sick Do not try and convince management that they should focus on other issues Director of HR is proud to have a name "the smiling knife Kiss it and you'll do well, go against the grain, you'll be out of the door

Pros

Great severance pay

Cons

management

Industrial gas turbine repair facility

Good place to work...wasn't there for very long. Left to work at StandardAero so i could work on a larger variety of tasks as it was early in my career.

Great place

I learned many things here as I was their first onsite full-time welder, they just had to lay people off.

Pros

great people

Cons

had to let people go

Always having fun with the people you work with

typical day was morning meetings, checking emails and checking bins for parts that need to be shipped out and received that day and as well as pick the parts the techs need. I learned how gas turbines work and what it requires to build them and repair them. management was good for the most part I found the expectations at nights were really high and sometimes during the day, but for the most part they were your friend. the hardest part of the day would be a large order needed to be done and out that day, getting it done in time with interruptions was challenging but accomplished. the most enjoyable parts were joking around with employees, and social events.

Pros

great money and events

Cons

expectaions were to high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcanada Turbines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7