Transat A.T

Transat A.T Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON9 reviews
Great place to work, exciting technology projects, room for internal advancement, good work life balance, ok salaries. A lot of employees who have been with the company for 15+ years.
Many years in fast paced diverse company with great team work, support and ability to have challenges in a diverse every changing atmosphere with results driven rewards
Pros
challenging/rewarding/perks
Cons
long periods of time away
Nothing was every typical about a work day. No day was ever the same. Had a great bunch of coworkers with whom I worked. Learned more about specific destinations. The best part of working was the friendships that I made.
I think the quality of customer service of U Travel & Tours was average. Managers have their own way to deal with their customers; for example, my general manager likes to talk a lot with the customer and she has very good customer service in terms of icebreaking skills and following-up skill.
Most of the tasks which were given to me were research some tourism products, such as Eurail, flights, vacation tour packages, and hotels for the clients. There were other co-op students so that we worked together for collecting the information of the tourism products. Sometimes we needed to call tour operators to get prices of the products, and we shared the information each person got. It was a very good opportunity to work with other people in business environment.

The most important things that I learned during my field placement are that helping and respecting customers, obtaining knowledge and showing enthusiasm. I had to think customers are always right, but the reality is different from what the customers think.
Customer service, problem solving, assisting passengers with flights and planning staff schedules is a typical day at work. Pretty much smiling and a positive attitude got you thru any day.
A very busy Productive and Creative work place. A place where you have to think outside of the box to bring out the creativity. Adaptable, flexible with change and able to communicate with many management styles from each of the co-workers around you and that are part of your team. The hardest part of the job is to be able to apply someones Idea to an actual maketing piece, and having to follow certain guide lines and incorporate the ideas given to you. The best enjoyable part would be the ability to use your imagination and creativity, then laying it out on a marketing piece.
Pros
Travel
Cons
short breaks
A typical day at work:
I usually came a half an hour earlier to ran double booking and sales reports. I checked my e-mail for any new travel agencies registrations. As soon as my shift started, first, I prioritized my work. Then I dedicated my time to verify all the booking reservations for any errors and advising the respective travel agents of the found booking mistakes. I adjusted travel agents' commissions. I was advising travel agents of any available company promotions.

What I learned:

I learned to prioritize my job, work independently and multitasking

Management:

Very poor management, usually was lack of communication between the subordinates and management

Co-workers:

Fun to work with. During downtime, we were socializing and joking

The hardest part of the job:

Luck of communication between management and employees

The most enjoyable part of the job:

The variety of challenges to be accomplished
Learned a lot working with Jonview Canada. Experienced working in an office environment with the sales and marketing team.

•Completed 84 hours from April – May 2012

•Worked closely with the Marketing department

•Worked with CCRS Production program

•Worked with Outlook, Excel and Access

•Organized Out of Office emails

Environment was friendly and conducive.The company has name and fame in the market.Very challenging job.Got a platform to meet, interact and do business with people from all walks of life as it involved retail/sales in foreign exchange!Very interesting job
Pros
location
Cons
one man show