Transat A.T

Transat A.T Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

Etobicoke, ON5 reviews
it was great. the experience taught me about the industry of travel. i appreciate my time spent with this company. i am grateful for the opportunity.
Other tasks assigned as necessary but are not considered in job title. Incredibly stressful, routinely unrecognized for hard work. There is a homogenous pay scale.
Fun atmosphere, rotating shifts, flexible schedule. There is opportunity for advancement. Good training program. The hardest part of the job is sitting in one place all day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no overtime
Learned about the different types of hotels, all inclusive resorts, dealing with the travel agents. Had the experience to email hoteliers about contracts and questions or concerns about contracts. Also had the chance to attend an event which launched the new airplanes.
Pros
social events
Cons
The Training Department I was in gave me the opportunity to shadow the call centre department, the commercial marketing department and to be on the road with an outside sales agent. I learned about the job requirements for each post while doing my internship there.

As for the specific duties and tasks assigned to me, I translated powerpoints for the trainers from English to French and vice versa; I also created and updated powerpoints for Transat A.T. I handled incoming and outgoing English and French phone calls (internal and international) and I was in charge of answering both French and English email inquiries. I got to conduct research on suppliers as well as Transat A.T products and services. In addition to all this, we were in charge of updating and cleaning the e-library (hotels' information) and transfering data from old Property Information Forms to new ones.

Softwares most used were: Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint.

Moreover, the other interns and I were able to successfully delegate tasks amongst ourselves.

Besides the assigned work, I also participated in their social activities and helped on Earth's day by stick labeling all the courtesy gifts Transat A.T was offering to their staff members.

The hardest part of the job was having to let go of a project you have been working on for weeks because it could get dropped at any time. This happens a lot when in travel. New destinations are in and out or pending.

The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like a staff member and not just an intern there. We got to participate in social events just like the other
 - more...
Pros
variety of tasks
Cons
projects being stopped mid-way
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Transat A.T?