TransAlta Corporation Employee Review

View all TransAlta Corporation reviews

I liked the job, but rotating 12 hour shifts were taking a toll on work life balance.
Steam Plant Mechanic/Plant Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WA13 April 2014
I worked 12 hour shifts troubleshooting,and repairing all power plant equipment. Every day was a chance to learn something new. The plant is getting ready to shut down as per an agreement with Wa. state. This has caused a tension in the workplace. I have always got along with both management, and my co-workers.
The hardest part of this job was the rotating shift, and the fact that I was the least senior mechanic, and could be let go at anytime.
The best part of this job was the chance to learn something new each day ( and I just really enjoy finding solutions to mechanical problems.)
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Uncertainty of job security.

Other TransAlta Corporation Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Assistant to VP HR & VP Communications (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
This company was interesting to work for. They believed in promoting community involvement and supporting and promoting the indigenous communities. The people are awesome.
Pros
Community involvement
Cons
poor communication
TA review
Assist Plant Manager/ Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 April 2018
Management was very supportive TA had a good review process and there was time to focus on projects and fostered good relationship with staff and unions
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAlta Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.