TRANS-NORTHERN PIPELINES INC.

TRANS-NORTHERN PIPELINES INC. Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Steer Clear
Trans-Northern is a sinking ship. Management is out of touch and ignorant to staffing needs and industry standards. Managers regularly over promise and under deliver as there are not enough staff to get the work done. Systems are old, and IT is useless. Managers lie and set unrealistic expectations. Management is continually setting the staff and company up for failure, hence all the NEB/ CER orders.

No professional development or staff appeciation.

The executive team is all Secondees. Therefore there is no ownership or accountability. Most managers operate in a 1950's style of sexist and ageist fashion.

Pay is significantly less than any other pipeline company in Canada.

STEER CLEAR!
Cons
Out of Touch Management, Not competitive wages
16 October 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your work experience. We endeavor to offer a stable work environment – one that supports the personal initiative and gives employees the opportunity to expand their skills and experience. We’re sorry to hear that your experience is not what you expected and encourage you to contact your leader or the human resources team to discuss your situation.
The company has come a long way in the past few years and are definitely heading in the right direction. My manager and supervisor are great to work for and my peers are competent and friendly.
former worker
Great company to work for. The RD transmitter was the most amazing piece of equipment I have ever used. I could locate for miles with just dropping the box anywhere. I wish I could have stayed but my wife is from Africa and she wanted to move somewhere where we could cook zebra tails and elephant tusks. I now locate for Elephant locates not as good as TNPI but almost
Terrible
Stay Away if you are an Engineer...stay far away...not worth the pay cheque.

Low pay, low respect, high blood pressure, and most incompetent Field Services Staff in the midstream business.

Leadership including CEO are mostly all Secondee's from IOL, Shell, and Suncor on 2-3 year contracts and continuous change constantly occurring.
Terrible service
Terrible service from a contractors standpoint. Locator couldn't even locate the pipelines correctly. Dealt with some apologist supervisor. Im glad this company is in hot water with the National energy board. This company has an extremely cavalier attitude when it comes to there operations and contractors timelines.
Pros
Good benefit for full time employees
Cons
Poor management, bad workplace culture
Great work environment
Great work environment full of opportunities for career growth. Engineering problems and support to technical activities make the work in TNPI very interesting.
6 August 2019
Thanks for the feedback. We’re glad you had a good experience. We work hard to make sure that everyone has a good work experience with TNPI.
Great people to work with
This is a great company to work for. Lots of room for advancement. Exciting to work for company that is growing and to be a part of that growth from the onset.
Good Engineering Team
Good work environment! Nice people!
Diversity of job assignments and excellent exposure to Operation, Field work.High demand for engineering resources.
Pros
good exposure/interaction with all the departments