Trailer Wizards Ltd.

Trailer Wizards Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
Productive enviroment
It was not a long amount of time I spent at trailer wizards. While I was there i did not advance like they said I would. I would not go back. Management needs to improve
Highly not recommended!!!!!
Very poor management in all aspects of the company. Apparently a reason for the HIGH TURNOVER RATE amongst shop employees. Leadhands run the place like a Hitler concentration camp and will rat you out at any given moment. They rush equipment through the shop which causes safety issues on the road and it'll always be the Technicians fault 10,000%.
good
Nothing further to add to the conversation - place to work hard and leave at the end of the day. nothing more to say really so not sure what to type in here
Morale level very low
Lead hands and management always on the look out to see if they can catch you doing something wrong, couldn't wait for the day to end. Alot of disgruntled employees and a very high turn over rate due to low morale, always someone talking behind your back.
No communication
Horrible place that has no communication. Procedures constantly change with no communication, and the next day could change again. One supervisor has no clue what they are doing. No support from management. Pay is above average but still not worth the headaches
Management is the problem.
Pay is semi fair
Other techs are great

The management side of things needs work they don’t look at the mechanics themselves as more than numbers. It doesn’t really matter how you work it’s dependent on how the supervisors view you. If they don’t really like you, you are labeled with an attitude to the service manager. It’s straight up collusion
25 February 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. Our team takes pride in a positive work experience, as such we are sorry to hear the above comments. We’d like to be able to discuss with you further. Please call us at 855-670-7077 for our People Support Team, or kindly share your email/phone so that we can contact you directly. Thank you.
Unwilling to cooperate with Mental Health Issues
This company refused to provide light duties as per my doctor's recommendations while suffering from a mental illness. They make you feel like an incompetent human being for not being able to suck it up and come to work.
12 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our Company. We are sorry to hear your experience with us was not positive, and would like to discuss further to learn more.

Could you provide your email/phone and we can contact you directly? Alternatively, feel free to contact our People Support team at 855-670-7077 as we would be interested in addressing your concerns.
Lack of communication
No communication between department on procedure and change
Poor management
Lack of procedures for employees
Middle management lack experience in business administration
Pro's fast paced company - Summer BBQ'S
Very fast paced company, management is very poor, same rules do not apply for everyone. No work life balance not in the department that I was in. Different pay rates for people doing exact same job!
16 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our Company. We are sorry to hear your experience was not positive, and would like to discuss further to learn more.
Morale low
Lead hands and management always on the look out to see if they can catch you doing something wrong. Alot of disgruntled employees and a huge turn over rate.
5 December 2019
Great company
Great company to work for. Average to above average wages. Management is always having change over one thing I would change. Benefits are average but fair work area us always clean shops are too notch. Mechanics are always willing to help each other
Not a great place to work anymore
It used to be a great place to work about a year ago. They let 1 person go that was an amazing person to work with and it went down the drain. Management doesn't know what they are doing. Do not treat employees well.
25 September 2019
Management out of touch with reality
Management cares not about the Tech’s just want more and more with less workers. Huge turnover office refuses to listen to shop. Has potential to change but doesn’t seem to be happening
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No support from the “suits”
25 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our Company. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not positive. We do agree that the Company has a lot of potential and we are always open to receiving that feedback. We’d like to be able to speak with you further on this.
AR manager micromanaging
All I have to say is AR manager is a micromanager. Do not apply for this department. Five people have left in the last 18 months! No room for advancement.
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
Management, and everything else
New shop
For the most part the Mechanics on the floor where pretty decent with a few that really where top mechanics with their knowledge and personality. The Branch Manager held true to open door policy and was easy to talk too with any concerns you might have.
Pros
New shop, Good Mechanics, Branch Manager
Cons
Middle Management short falls, Not all shop tools provided.
Challenging and Exctitng
Very fast passed environment. lots to do and learn, employees are very willing to hands on help. Friendly environment and very supportive. Lots of room for advancement and to learn new things. Overall great job
A very good work environment & place to work
A strong, knowledgeable team of employees who care about their work, co-workers and Trailer Wizards customers. Many employees and customers have had 20+ years working together.
Worst place to work for if you have pre-existing medical condition.
I made the mistake of telling the manager about my medical condition. He used it against me to get rid of me. I got sick for 2 days and he asked for Funtion Ability Form because of the the side effect of the medicine that I took ( same side effect as my daily medication). The place is a mess. Unqualified people running the show.
Pros
If you want to make money and do nothing, best place.
Cons
No quality work.
Garbage
Never worked at a place with such a high turn over and a company that cares more about catch someone do something wrong then actually get the work done hens the big continuous turn over
Benefits
Cons
Not an enjoyable place to work
Company focuses on quantity over quality. Never satisfied with how fast something is getting done. Empty promises on raises. Terrible management. Not an enjoyable place to go to work.
Pros
Benefits and located in edmonton
Cons
Always expect work to be done in half the time of industry standard