Trail Appliances Employee Reviews

good people, great benefits
Driver/Appliance Installer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC13 May 2019
can be very physically demanding, but overall it's a great place to work, just wish there was some sort of retirement plan, fast advancements though with great bonuses. solid leads, and managers. a lot of heavy lifting and many long days.
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
Great Company to work with
Customer Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 May 2019
I was interviewed for the Customer Support Admin at Trail Appliances. HR Generalist and Hiring Managers were professional and friendly and created a positive interview experience.
Pros
Friendly
Great work culture
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 May 2019
Trail is a family owned Canadian company that promotes strong core values. The company is growing quickly and provides different opportunities for career advancement. The management team is results oriented but doesn't lose sight of the needs of the staff.
The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the people.
Pros
Work culture, fair compensation, growing company, career opportunties
Cons
Could work longer hours in the peak sale season
Awesome!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver25 April 2019
Trail is such a great place to work ! My manager is great and I got lots of training when I started . My team is awesome ! The coffee is pretty great too :)
Pros
great people great coffee
Cons
none!
A Gem of a Company
Administration (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 April 2019
Such a great place to work! Employees are treated like family, and the culture is great. Great opportunities to advance. Pay is competitive and benefits are excellent.
Pros
Great leadership, family feel, awesome employee events
Cons
No pension
Work Summary
Project Coordinator Multi Family (Former Employee) –  Kelowna Store19 March 2019
Work life is busy in the MF Projects also worked with Single Family Builders. Sales Oriented Company experiencing huge growth. Systems are old school and have not kept up with sales growth. Lack training for satellite office and in the builder department the culture is not cohesive. We against them mindset (Builder versus Retail)
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Culture very sales orientated, need updates and training
Taking care of work family, like family!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 February 2019
All employees rally together to support one another - no isolated departments, no person left behind. Great support and training programs from day 1 with the company.

If you see change and growth as a con, or if you don't know how to manage yourself or embrace a work environment where constant change and growth are the norm, it's likely not a good fit for you.
Pros
Respectful work environment, free parking, rooftop BBQ's in the summertime, Thanksgiving potluck, Food trucks and Ice Cream trucks that come around for employee appreciation days, Flu shots covered!
Cons
See details in review.
Loved the job, hated the management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 January 2019
I was at Trail for a long time and had many roles within the company. I genuinely loved the people and some of the stores can be a lot of fun. I even loved my job when I left.

My issue was new/young management coming in and setting new policies and procedures that didn’t make sense with this business. They cared more about making the most money possible than they did about making the customer happy. I would be punished for doing well in my job because I didn’t do it the exact way they wanted me to and that was the final straw for me. They micromanage, they promote those who are part of the “boys club” or kiss up the most and they don’t appreciate those who work the hardest for them.

I also had to train new staff who were hired on to make more than I did although I bought years of experience within the company.
Pros
Really fun people
Cons
Micromanaging, bad policies, profit over customers, low pay
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 January 2019
Its a joke of a company, avoid at all costs as they treat employees like dirt. Poor pay and laughable pay increases and incentives.

Micromanaged to death by managers who turn on you if you show the least bit of intelligence.
La meilleure fonctionnement et agréable
Analyse de base (Former Employee) –  Canada15 December 2018
C'est une bonne entreprise je suis fins près à donné mon expérience professionnel pour que cette entreprise soit toujours avoir une grande place.
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
Courte de pose et la maladie
Not busy, workforce shop online for majority of the time.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC3 November 2018
Company only cares about the people that make them money not the people who work for their money. Sales and Admin are valued, warehouse and below not so much. Payrises pretty much non existent. 2% if you're lucky. Some people get 25c per hr some nothing. Then you hear about the lucky 'one' that is singled out and gets $1.50 per hr. Salaried staff seem to please themselves and are absent a lot of the time. Builder admin make their own rules. No 30 minute lunches for them minimum 45 mins and several 25 minute breaks throughout the day. There just isn't enough work to keep them busy. Shopping on Amazon and playing Candy Crush is the norm. The branch is run from Vancouver so there is no real management on site. People frequently visit from the mainland some arrive after 11am then visit their friends and chat all day. It's pointless not to mention a waste of money. Not a happy work environment at all.
Pros
Some benefits.
Cons
Vacation blackout periods. Bad payrises.
Very good job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2018
Great Management, staff is friendly. Training available, perks included. Vacation time is not hard to take off. I leared a lot of new customer service skills.
Health and safety committee is just going through the motions. Raises do not exist. Benefits are meager.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Annacis, BC7 October 2018
If you are generally unmotivated, have no initiative, are a male, and have poor attendance, then this is a great place for you. The company rewards "kiss ups" friends and relatives.

If you are hard working, smart, reliable and out spoken this workplace will drive you insane. You will do extra work for those who fall short with out compensation. Two percent is the raise you might receive in June. Not after one year.

Health and safety only matter when it does not cost too much. Otherwise the company just gives lip service. If you need a job take this, but move on as soon as possible.
Pros
Relaxed low production. Stable company.
Cons
Sour environment not conducive to quality work.
a typical day at work
Analyst / Programmer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 September 2018
a typical day at work, work place has a good environment but it is flexible and very freindly.. good team work,,........................................................
Not recommended.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 July 2018
Senior leadership (owners) very inexperienced, unprofessional, and micro-managing. The environment is misogynistic and women are treated as lesser than males.
Fun work place
Retail Administrator/ Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 July 2018
I loved working at Trail Appliances the work place and management was amazing. Everyone is so easy going and caring. You work as a family when you work for Trail Appliances
Nice family business
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 July 2018
Busy job every day is different. Working there people become like good friends/family.
Fellow employees are helpful and generally happy. The company supports their sales team with annual award nights where typically everyone goes home with something. They also have a good Christmas party for all every year.
big company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 July 2018
family owned and operated. second generation running the company. focused on the builder market. one of the larget independent appliance companies in the appliance market
Love the people and culture
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 May 2018
I've had the pleasure of working with some transformative leaders in this company. It's very refreshing to be in an environment that encourages collaboration among smart and humble individuals, the culture is one of the best things about working at Trail!
Pros
lots of employee events - lunch and learns, food trucks, baseball games, summer bbq, holiday parties
Under Paid
CST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 May 2018
No room for advancement. Micro-managed. Under paid and poor raises. Head office over crowded. Actually got lectured about going home on time daily instead of staying 10-15 min later even though work was completed.
Pros
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trail Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.