Trail Appliances

Trail Appliances Employee Reviews

Not what I thought

I liked working here when I first started. I then realized there was a lot of miscommunication when getting trained . I was told one thing and wasn’t told another. The system was slow and sometimes there was not much work to do. A lot of the staff spoke in another language to each other or even whispered and it was hard to feel like you were part of the team. There were nice people but it was just Not my cup of tea.

Cons

Slow paced

Extremely Toxic Environment

Don’t waste your time and apply for a position here! The management does not care about your well being.. a lot of partiality and favouritism in the logistics administrator department. No career advancement opportunities and very bad pay. Had a recent ransomware attack due to their bad IT systems and did not pay employees for the 2 weeks that the company was closed and then laid people off with no notice.

Pros

Work is easy

Cons

Manager is terrible, very little knowledge about the operations field, Bad pay and no training, No opportunities for advancement or appreciation for good work, The work can be done by high school students, no learning opportunities.

Save yourself the headache

No room for advancementManagement is cluelessLack of communication between departmentsChanges the rules as it's convenientManagement also shows up late consistently

Cons

Listed above

Terrible place to work manage my only cares about itself not the workers

Do not work here the management does not care bout the workers and they overload them with work. The company is expanding at such a fast rate the infrastructure to do so is not in place and workers get too much work and not enough staff to meet the demand of the customer orders being shipped

Department - good people, knowledgeable, humorous

When I first began, there was not much turn over for most of the departments, this changed about a year prior to Covid. Middle management were let go with no notice. Delivery staff were beyond frustrated, a lot of turnover, waaaaaay too much overtime and worked beyond 12 hours - back to back. Lot of turn over in the call centre; the role was fairly broad but the focus was on customer who needed appliance repairs or manufacturer exchanges. The people were great, however, this department's staff were not paid enough (for the amount of stress).Some positions were very stressful and there was typically only one person who was "specialized" (usually the computer systems). Specialized computer systems were added on as the company grew larger (a lot of updates) and you REALLY need to know the system(s). For me, I had to learn a lot but enjoyed the challenges and most of my co-workers (and people within the other departments) were awesome. I was not completely overwhelmed with the workload given but I had a lot of varied responsibilities - granted, I just took or was asked to take on particular tasks (mainly for consistency and one contact). Let's just say that many people stay because of the people they work with; there are several long term employees but I think they are pretty much all gone now.

Friendly Co-workers, but never any positive feedback from direct managers

As a store administrator daily tasks include: answering phone calls, welcoming customers in store, processing/entering payments, processing pick ups, transferring stock, processing credit applications and more. The processes and the systems in place are really quite outdated. The systems in place allow a lot of room for error to occur. The training is very inconsistent and it does not allow you an opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The way that the management communicates with staff is blunt and definitely not encouraging. They tend to forget that some people may be new, and will make you feel guilty if you make a mistake. With such an antiquated system, errors happen in every department, and instead of helping each other most departments try to blame the other. The best part of working at Trail are the relationships made with co-workers. The other store administrators, store managers and the product experts are fun to work with. There does not tend to be a lot of time to socialize or get to know each other because you are constantly busy with time consuming tasks. The benefit package is quite good and the starting wage for admin is fair, but you are exhausted mentally at the end of each day. Trail prides itself on it's culture, but I think that the feeling of belonging does not trickle down to stores especially those not at the head office.

Pros

Co-workers, Benefits & Fair Wage

Cons

Outdated system, antiquated processes, micro-managed, culture amongst different stores/departments, lack of parking

A company to work for ...

Amazing environment for everyone who wants to improve. Personally had a great experience from initial interview until selling on the floor. Management and staff are very helpful.

Pros

Great culture

Some frustration about what they wanted.

So they had too many cooks in the kitchen. They had me and another lady doing reception which was weird as well. We didn't know who exactly was our boss and you never felt fully comfortable if you were doing a good job. In the end, we were both let go because there wasn't the work. They probably put in a better system for answering the phone and better signage which would have made our job obsolete. Overall, not an impressive place to work when you think they have been around for many years!

Pros

Worked a later shift so I could sleep in

Cons

Not a lot of work and always wondering when they were letting you go.

– 9 November 2020
We are definitely concerned about the negative experience you had working with us.The Receptionist role has always reported to our Customer Service manager, that leadership role provided your schedule and supports the day to day coaching for the Receptionist role. I am sorry you were confused as to whom you reported.We have never laid off an employee from our reception desk prior to the unfortunate COVID situation. The reason we have 2 receptionists on duty is to provide coverage for the full duration of our store opening as well as to ensure our Receptionists are confidently able to take their breaks and lunch periods without waiting for 'backup' from another department.As for replacing the Receptionist role with signage and interactive voice recorded phone messages, Trail has been in business for 45 years specifically because of our human touch. We don't wish for our valued customers to have to be left navigating the store unassisted if assistance is needed, wandering to find someone to locate their Sales Consultant for those who have booked appointments or being greeted by a pre-recorded message to "press 1 to reach..."We will continue to be dedicated to provide the exemplary level of customer service to which our loyal customers have become accustomed.We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us.We value all of our employees' time and dedication and we will continue to work at improving our employee experience.

Positive Work Culture

Great family to be with. Providing superior service to its customer. Positive environment and work culture. Great working hours and pay cheque. proficient staff to work with and always ready to help.

Great people to work with and lots of advancement

great people to work with and lots of career advancement. People seemed happy working there! I personally enjoyed working with the management over at Trail.

Jobs at Trail Appliances

See more jobs

excellent

very good place to work and learn new things from handling heavy appliances to deliver them. excellent management with trained employee to teach this professional job.

Nice place Nice people

Trail is a good place to work, however, there seem to be not a lot room for growth as it is a family business, most junior and senior leadership positions are filled

Strict & Unbendng

Claim to be a family organization but you are treated more like a slave. Poor attitudes from management and I didn't work there long enough to learn anything else.

Pros

Cons

No individuality

– 24 February 2020
Hello - You appear to have reviewed the wrong company. Trail Appliances Ltd. does not operate in BC.

Delivering and sometimes installing appliances in customers homes and businesses.

It's a good place to work, they pay well with good benefits, the managers sometimes forget that not all job sites are the same difficulty, or that not all the new employees can work as fast as those that have been there for a while. But it is a good place to work and it feels really good when you complete a delivery and the customer no longer has their life on pause while they wait for a fridge or laundry to continue taking care of themselves in their own home. I really enjoyed driving the truck and getting to train the new employees on how to lift and what to watch out for with things like customers being concerned it wouldn't go well, or to avoid injury as well as just to maintain a good work ethic and speed to safely and properly do the very demanding job.

Pros

A lot of flexibility within your route so long as all tasks get completed timely.

Cons

Managers sometimes forget not every site is just a drop off.

good employees

worked there 12 years, did not feel comfortable and secure the complete time. very management heavy and management keeps changing. employees are great. owners are awesome.

You want to be part of this team

This is the most amazing and inclusive work environment I've ever seen in my entire life!!! Great people, great benefits, truly committed to their values.

Focus on sales, not staff

The company only cares about sales and profit. They have no awareness of a living wage, employee retention, training, etc. I observed dozens of staff come and go. A company that is always hiring is either growing all the time or it is a bad place to work. You be the judge.

Fun!

Logstics Admin is stressful but the environment is fun. Everyone is kind and willing to help out which makes things a whole lot easier! Great work life balance

– 27 November 2019
Hello - Thank you for taking the time to review Trail Appliances. This page is specific to Trail Appliances (AB & SK), you may wish to repost your review on the Trail Appliances (BC) page:https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Trail-Appliances

Fun work environment but poor compensation for the workload

It was a good place to work. I enjoyed the people immensely. The company grew too fast to keep up so the workload placed on people is a lot. The systems used are a touch out-dated as well and very slow and frustrating at times.

Great

Great place to work . Love the environment and people . Wages could be better for the volume of work we do. Understanding management . Overall a great place to be.

Great culture with very approachable leadership team

Pros: Senior management is very approachable and cares for employees' well-being. They have recently implemented their missions and values which give a good boost to company culture. Good benefit package with full dental coverage. Cons: Salary seems to be not on exactly on par with the workload, as we are both external & internal customer-facing when overcoming work-related challenges. Department turnover rate was fairly high during my first 12-15 months that caused extra stress but leadership have taken steps to address the issue with additional hiring. Typical Day: Requires lots of problem solving skills in day-to-day tasks to manage sales associates and customers' needs via phone or email communication. Also we will need to go between Purchasing, Delivery, Service and Store managers to look after customers' issues. The most enjoyable part of the job: Working with a great team of fellow Customer Support Admins and to share interesting stories to resolve challenges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trail Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement