Trail Appliances
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Working at Trail Appliances: Latest Trail Appliances Reviews

Canada73 reviews

appliancesaleculturedepartmentlottrainingfamilycustom

No room for advancement unless you're part of the family

Good for a paycheck. Co workers are friendly.. repetitive work. No room to advance. Basic benefit package . Good work experience and learning experience

A stepping stone job.

Working in the warehouse, if you can ignore all the favoritism and pettiness, is difficult enough but when you factor in the physical demands of the job you'll question why you put up with it. Some days you'll work ten and eleven hours shifts only to get berated by the manager for "taking too long". As much as you'll try, there is no pleasing some people.

– 12 September 2022
Thank you for your review, but we believe you may have reviewed the wrong company as Trail Appliances AB/SK does not have locations in BC.

Insights into Trail Appliances

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Nice place to work but communication between Supervisor not acceptable.

I was very happy when I got the opportunity to work at Trail appliance. Prior to one day to my probation period I was told I was going to be let go due to a business decision. I was escorted by the manager outside of my worksite without my belongings. I felt very insulted and treated very unfairly. I was not even allowed to get my purse cell phone, jacket I waited in the parking lot until all my items where at my work station to be brought by the three supervisor. I was so humiliated by the management.

– 12 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, but we believe you have reviewed the wrong company as Trail Appliances AB/SK does not have locations in BC.

Fast growing company with good opportunities in Sales and Customer Service

Fast growing company with good opportunities in Sales and Customer Service. Lots of customers coming in on a regular basis, so it might get really busy at some point. Nice to work in the showroom setting working alongside sales people. Easy to grow in a sales or customer service career paths.

Revolving door of employees

No wage increases after probationary period. Paid a delivery bonus for clean delivery ie no damages, but it’s not totally related to delivery as the management will take it away for other reasons unrelated to delivery of product. The other workers are good the people you work with , but the management is petty and will throw the employees under the bus for any reason. They have a “meeting” every morning to discuss issues related to the job this “meeting “ is pointless as they do not follow their own advice. The management talks about working safe and slow , but in reality they give backhanded comments to the employees when they think you are talking too long. Often, leading to serious injuries. Many of the employees get injured constantly on this job as their is no job training. If you are a conscientious worker do not work here. Your talents are better off somewhere else as the management is incompetent. They want fearful compliant workers not good workers. Work here as a temp job not a permanent one

Pros

Zero, line cooks are paid the same wage as these guys starting

Cons

Inconsistent hours, poor management, many injuries

Fun environment

I worked for this company for almost 4 years.. great company to start your career, lot of growth opportunities, senior management team is very supported. Flexible with work days and hours, overtime opportunities. I would work there again if given the opportunity.

I was so happy with Trail Appliences

Trail َAppliances has easily provided the possibility of training and growth of organizational excellence for its employees and has employed fully creative and effective managers.

poor management

Good people to work with. Management is lost. They are working on growing the business lots of opportunity in the company but they do not practice what they preach. They say they are a family oriented company but they are very corporate, treat employees decent and good ownership but too many fake people stepping on each other to get to the top.

Great place to work!

Absolutely loved my time spent working at Trail! Management and staff in the Victoria location are top notch and made it easy to go to work every day.

– 12 September 2022
Thank you for the kind review, but we believe you might have reviewed the wrong company as Trail Appliances AB/SK does not have locations in BC.

Not what I thought

I liked working here when I first started. I then realized there was a lot of miscommunication when getting trained . I was told one thing and wasn’t told another. The system was slow and sometimes there was not much work to do. A lot of the staff spoke in another language to each other or even whispered and it was hard to feel like you were part of the team. There were nice people but it was just Not my cup of tea.

Cons

Slow paced

Extremely Toxic Environment

Don’t waste your time and apply for a position here! The management does not care about your well being.. a lot of partiality and favouritism in the logistics administrator department. No career advancement opportunities and very bad pay. Had a recent ransomware attack due to their bad IT systems and did not pay employees for the 2 weeks that the company was closed and then laid people off with no notice.

Pros

Work is easy

Cons

Manager is terrible, very little knowledge about the operations field, Bad pay and no training, No opportunities for advancement or appreciation for good work, The work can be done by high school students, no learning opportunities.

Terrible place to work manage my only cares about itself not the workers

Do not work here the management does not care bout the workers and they overload them with work. The company is expanding at such a fast rate the infrastructure to do so is not in place and workers get too much work and not enough staff to meet the demand of the customer orders being shipped

Department - good people, knowledgeable, humorous

When I first began, there was not much turn over for most of the departments, this changed about a year prior to Covid. Middle management were let go with no notice. Delivery staff were beyond frustrated, a lot of turnover, waaaaaay too much overtime and worked beyond 12 hours - back to back. Lot of turn over in the call centre; the role was fairly broad but the focus was on customer who needed appliance repairs or manufacturer exchanges. The people were great, however, this department's staff were not paid enough (for the amount of stress).Some positions were very stressful and there was typically only one person who was "specialized" (usually the computer systems). Specialized computer systems were added on as the company grew larger (a lot of updates) and you REALLY need to know the system(s). For me, I had to learn a lot but enjoyed the challenges and most of my co-workers (and people within the other departments) were awesome. I was not completely overwhelmed with the workload given but I had a lot of varied responsibilities - granted, I just took or was asked to take on particular tasks (mainly for consistency and one contact). Let's just say that many people stay because of the people they work with; there are several long term employees but I think they are pretty much all gone now.

Friendly Co-workers, but never any positive feedback from direct managers

As a store administrator daily tasks include: answering phone calls, welcoming customers in store, processing/entering payments, processing pick ups, transferring stock, processing credit applications and more. The processes and the systems in place are really quite outdated. The systems in place allow a lot of room for error to occur. The training is very inconsistent and it does not allow you an opportunity to learn in a safe environment. The way that the management communicates with staff is blunt and definitely not encouraging. They tend to forget that some people may be new, and will make you feel guilty if you make a mistake. With such an antiquated system, errors happen in every department, and instead of helping each other most departments try to blame the other. The best part of working at Trail are the relationships made with co-workers. The other store administrators, store managers and the product experts are fun to work with. There does not tend to be a lot of time to socialize or get to know each other because you are constantly busy with time consuming tasks. The benefit package is quite good and the starting wage for admin is fair, but you are exhausted mentally at the end of each day. Trail prides itself on it's culture, but I think that the feeling of belonging does not trickle down to stores especially those not at the head office.

Pros

Co-workers, Benefits & Fair Wage

Cons

Outdated system, antiquated processes, micro-managed, culture amongst different stores/departments, lack of parking

A company to work for ...

Amazing environment for everyone who wants to improve. Personally had a great experience from initial interview until selling on the floor. Management and staff are very helpful.

Pros

Great culture

Some frustration about what they wanted.

So they had too many cooks in the kitchen. They had me and another lady doing reception which was weird as well. We didn't know who exactly was our boss and you never felt fully comfortable if you were doing a good job. In the end, we were both let go because there wasn't the work. They probably put in a better system for answering the phone and better signage which would have made our job obsolete. Overall, not an impressive place to work when you think they have been around for many years!

Pros

Worked a later shift so I could sleep in

Cons

Not a lot of work and always wondering when they were letting you go.

– 9 November 2020
We are definitely concerned about the negative experience you had working with us.The Receptionist role has always reported to our Customer Service manager, that leadership role provided your schedule and supports the day to day coaching for the Receptionist role. I am sorry you were confused as to whom you reported.We have never laid off an employee from our reception desk prior to the unfortunate COVID situation. The reason we have 2 receptionists on duty is to provide coverage for the full duration of our store opening as well as to ensure our Receptionists are confidently able to take their breaks and lunch periods without waiting for 'backup' from another department.As for replacing the Receptionist role with signage and interactive voice recorded phone messages, Trail has been in business for 45 years specifically because of our human touch. We don't wish for our valued customers to have to be left navigating the store unassisted if assistance is needed, wandering to find someone to locate their Sales Consultant for those who have booked appointments or being greeted by a pre-recorded message to "press 1 to reach..."We will continue to be dedicated to provide the exemplary level of customer service to which our loyal customers have become accustomed.We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us.We value all of our employees' time and dedication and we will continue to work at improving our employee experience.

Positive Work Culture

Great family to be with. Providing superior service to its customer. Positive environment and work culture. Great working hours and pay cheque. proficient staff to work with and always ready to help.

Great people to work with and lots of advancement

great people to work with and lots of career advancement. People seemed happy working there! I personally enjoyed working with the management over at Trail.

excellent

very good place to work and learn new things from handling heavy appliances to deliver them. excellent management with trained employee to teach this professional job.

Nice place Nice people

Trail is a good place to work, however, there seem to be not a lot room for growth as it is a family business, most junior and senior leadership positions are filled

Strict & Unbendng

Claim to be a family organization but you are treated more like a slave. Poor attitudes from management and I didn't work there long enough to learn anything else.

Pros

Cons

No individuality

– 24 February 2020
Hello - You appear to have reviewed the wrong company. Trail Appliances Ltd. does not operate in BC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trail Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement