Trail Appliances

Trail Appliances Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
great people to work with and lots of career advancement. People seemed happy working there! I personally enjoyed working with the management over at Trail.
Great family to be with. Providing superior service to its customer. Positive environment and work culture. Great working hours and pay cheque. proficient staff to work with and always ready to help.
Sadly, the program I was employed under had to be cut due to the Covid - 19 pandemic...but before that it was a great culture to be a part of. I wish them a speedy recovery from these trying times.
there is a very flexible atmosphere and work environment tat this place. I do enjoy working at a place like this. there is however little room to move up
very good place to work and learn new things from handling heavy appliances to deliver them. excellent management with trained employee to teach this professional job.
I learned a lot there and gained many critical skills. At the end of the day nepotism rules as they are a family owned and operated company. So do not expect to move up if you are not family. It was a stressful job and they always demanded more without fair compensation. At the end of the day I think it was a good job for an entry level position right out of university but really anyone could work there. Also they will not give out references to anybody no matter how long or what position you worked.
Trail is a good place to work, however, there seem to be not a lot room for growth as it is a family business, most junior and senior leadership positions are filled
Claim to be a family organization but you are treated more like a slave. Poor attitudes from management and I didn't work there long enough to learn anything else.
Pros
Cons
No individuality
Comment – 24 February 2020
Hello -

You appear to have reviewed the wrong company. Trail Appliances Ltd. does not operate in BC.
It's a good place to work, they pay well with good benefits, the managers sometimes forget that not all job sites are the same difficulty, or that not all the new employees can work as fast as those that have been there for a while. But it is a good place to work and it feels really good when you complete a delivery and the customer no longer has their life on pause while they wait for a fridge or laundry to continue taking care of themselves in their own home. I really enjoyed driving the truck and getting to train the new employees on how to lift and what to watch out for with things like customers being concerned it wouldn't go well, or to avoid injury as well as just to maintain a good work ethic and speed to safely and properly do the very demanding job.
Pros
A lot of flexibility within your route so long as all tasks get completed timely.
Cons
Managers sometimes forget not every site is just a drop off.
worked there 12 years, did not feel comfortable and secure the complete time. very management heavy and management keeps changing. employees are great. owners are awesome.
This is the most amazing and inclusive work environment I've ever seen in my entire life!!! Great people, great benefits, truly committed to their values.
Logstics Admin is stressful but the environment is fun. Everyone is kind and willing to help out which makes things a whole lot easier! Great work life balance
Comment – 27 November 2019
Hello -

Thank you for taking the time to review Trail Appliances. This page is specific to Trail Appliances (AB & SK), you may wish to repost your review on the Trail Appliances (BC) page:

It was a good place to work. I enjoyed the people immensely. The company grew too fast to keep up so the workload placed on people is a lot. The systems used are a touch out-dated as well and very slow and frustrating at times.
Great place to work . Love the environment and people . Wages could be better for the volume of work we do. Understanding management . Overall a great place to be.
Pros:
Senior management is very approachable and cares for employees' well-being. They have recently implemented their missions and values which give a good boost to company culture. Good benefit package with full dental coverage.

Cons:

Salary seems to be not on exactly on par with the workload, as we are both external & internal customer-facing when overcoming work-related challenges. Department turnover rate was fairly high during my first 12-15 months that caused extra stress but leadership have taken steps to address the issue with additional hiring.

Typical Day:

Requires lots of problem solving skills in day-to-day tasks to manage sales associates and customers' needs via phone or email communication.

Also we will need to go between Purchasing, Delivery, Service and Store managers to look after customers' issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Working with a great team of fellow Customer Support Admins and to share interesting stories to resolve challenges.
Trail has an awesome work environment. I really enjoy working here because the people that work here are simply amazing. From the employees, management and the owners of the company, everyone makes it a point to get to know you. They know your name and every single person says hi/good morning to each other. Its really amazing and gives a real family feel.

The management in my department has been instrumental in encouraging me and making sure that i have all the resources to be successful. I was hired as a store admin, customer support admin, and now i am the trainer for the department. My whole experience here at trail has been so positive and enjoyable that I never feel like I am working.
I've been here in a mid-manager role for about 18 months. As someone with 25 years experience in managing people, I find that I'm energized to come to work every morning for the first time in a long time. Extremely positive culture, very collaborative and senior leadership is very open to change and ideas. If you can build a strong business case for something they will listen to and approve your ideas. My direct manager is outstanding, very supportive while holding us all to be accountable and productive. The company has grown exponentially over the past few years and continues do do so. Many opportunities for growth and advancement. I love it here, and you will too.
Everyone at Trail is very friendly and welcoming. Once you've settled in, you'd feel like you're apart of the family. Overall Trail has a good culture - the company plans many events throughout the year to engage with the teams (holiday parties, team-building events, employee appreciation days and more). The company is growing at a very fast rate which causes some struggles for people to keep up. I feel like there are a few things that can be worked on to create an even better workplace. That being said, I do believe that management is trying to make changes for the better.
Pros
Fun Events including Free Food. Good place to gain experience and start your career.
Cons
Fast Paced - at times heavy workload but keeps you busy and makes the day go by fast.
Incredible growth, lots of opportunities in a fast-paced environment. Leadership is always searching for process improvements and always open to trying different things.

Fun and diverse work environment
Pros
flexibility, collaborative, fast paced
can be very physically demanding, but overall it's a great place to work, just wish there was some sort of retirement plan, fast advancements though with great bonuses. solid leads, and managers. a lot of heavy lifting and many long days.
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
I was interviewed for the Customer Support Admin at Trail Appliances. HR Generalist and Hiring Managers were professional and friendly and created a positive interview experience.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trail Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.