TRAIL APPLIANCES LTD Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
As a Journeyman plumber, I accepted a job at Trail Appliances. During the interview they blow smoke up your rear and say you only install water softeners and dishwashers and every now and then you do some minor plumbing alterations etc.. in reality you are a glorified appliance installer/delivery boy. Microwaves,stoves, fridges and hoodfans. If you are looking for a dead end job with average pay this is the place for you! Benefits are expensive and crumby! They even clawed back on some coverage! Oh don’t forget about the sub par bagged lunches and gross breakfasts prepared by the House chef! That’s how they show appreciation for you! Seriously! This job makes you dead on the inside. If you have a mortgage and expect to get full hours here you need to reconsider. If you are a jourmeyman plumber, do yourself a favour keep scrolling to the next add. This company blows
Pros
Appliance discount
Cons
Poor management low morale
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
Horrible management, they like to turn things around on you. No room for advancement unless your hookinh up with one of the family members. Had to FIGHT for a doller raise after working there for years, they'll basically tell you why you don't DESERVE a raise. Work is not split evenly and when you bring it up to change or atleast be paid more it's turned around on you, and now your on their list. They'll build up " incidents" to have a reason to fire you when you bring to many things to their attention. They want you to put your head down and work and shut up, the more issues you bring to their attention the more they try to push you out. I watched them push out 20 people with no care in the world. Horrible benifits no Christmas bonuses they took those away to. I put in years to my department and they hired new people at the wage I worked so hard for for years to get to but they still expect you to do the most work because you've been their the longest. I trained probably 16 people without any perk or "good job" than to find out their making the same wage as you. Management does not want to hear your concerns so don't bother or you'll be pushed out. I watched them bully MANY employees till they left or till trail terminated them.
Pros
Good people working there
Biggest Selection In Calgary

9 hour shifts
100% Commission
large friendly staff
unpaid training

Very much a head down and keep walking mentality. Any sort of complaint or issue will go completely unaddressed.

For a full review go to Google and read what the customers are saying, pretty much sums up the work experience.
Pros
People
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2017
The management were so high on them selves. I came in one hour early to eat my breakfast and a customer came in, the manager was sitting on his butt and yelled at me to help the customer knowing my shift didn't start for another hour!! Seriously? Get off your buttt and do your job!! Lol. Bye the time I quit I was so dissappointed in the owners way of running things. I have never worked for such a stuck up family of idiots!!!
Not good place to work
Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
Management and employees have no interaction.
For career growth you have to be close to Owners.
Sales department on top but all other departments are treated as lowest.
No growth opportunities, no Raises.
No pension plan, Bonuses for managers and thats all.
even after years of services, you will be fired if Manager doesn't like you. Your job is safe if you are friend and family member of Managers
or management or owners.
If a Stat Day falls on a weekend you will never be paid.

No free lunches.
Pros
Unlimited smoke breaks if you are a smoker.
Not highly recommended
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
Management decent not much for promoting or encouragement general staff not friendly must not like their jobs?
What I Learned
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2017
I learned a lot about different brands of appliances and how to properly install/do small repairs to them. I also was able to gain some certifications for first aid and WHMIS
Pros
Training
Cons
Co Workers
Not the place to work for reception
Recpetionist (Former Employee) –  South Calgary, AB4 November 2016
Not the best place to work. They are very unorganized and really don't know what a receptionist should be doing. The receptionist are not given answers to their questions and do not handle the challenges given to the supervisors so the receptionist can do their job. They also should be hiring temps since the turn-over for this job is very high. This again is showing a red flag as a place you do not want to work!
Pros
Faster to get to work because of the hours
Cons
Have to wear certain colors and not 8 - 5, poor pay for what's expected
Very Stressful job, but the people that I worked with made it worth while.
Service Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
This job was a call center position, I liked that I was very busy with numerous responsibilities I had during the day; from answering a very high amount of incoming phone calls, making out bound phone calls, creating service appointments, ordering parts, maintaining close relationships with my co-workers as well as our customers on a daily basis. The hardest as well as most rewarding part of this job were the customers, all with their very own needs and trying to under stand want everyone needs and how to get it to them the most quickly and effecent ways possible.
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement, no raises
BAD, Bad Management!!!!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2016
Working at trail appliances was interesting. If you weren't out driving then you better be able to make yourself look busy or you'd be sent home by noon. As a delivery driver I enjoyed working with all my co - workers, but the management team left much to be desired. They didn't realize that the drivers and swampers didn't make a ton of cash and that we couldn't afford to have half days every two working days.

Id start at 7:45 and if i was lucky id be able to stretch my day until 2:00 pm. I was hired as a full time driver but if i was lucky I'd get 60 hours every two weeks.
Pros
Free Lunches when working in warehouse
Cons
Hours unknown
Incentive were given for hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2015
There was a different scenario everyday with every customer. But working with one of the best group of sales associates and administrative staff there was no hesitation with help. There is always policies and procedures to follow in any company you work within, it is how your management enforces it that helps you enforce it and learn. I have had the pleasure of working for some great companies and there is always something positive to pull form them. The friendships and the willingness to teach is like none other.
Pros
Contests and awards were achievable
love working at telus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2015
Field inbound calls from start of shift to the end. Resolve issues from the callers and proactively try to upsale all calls.
Pros
love the work life and compensation
Cons
poorly managed
trail
professionally assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2015
amazing very flexible learned a lot about office work works well with school hours very friendly environment very welcoming staff and over all very busy and productive space
average
Appliances Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2015
No apreciation for an skilled worker.
poor managment in the shop repair,

lack of technical facilites and poor work place.
Pros
flexible schedulle
Cons
low salaries
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2013
Handle customer inquiries, complaint, and billing payment questions. Give feedback when the supervisor´s absence and organize administrative customer service functions to support sales department staff
Pros
Good team leadrer
Cons
n/a
Input into the systems different work orders, check the inventory stocks and requested Insurance payments
Inventory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2013
I am learning every day the manager and colleagues feedback.
Review and Check the work orders and input into the system,the most hardest part of my job is understand the technician writing and the most enjoyable part of my job is the environment and treatment from my colleagues.
Pros
Exceleent environment job
Cons
n/a
Family Businesses
Delivery & Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2012
Overall a great place to work however the hours are long and the pay is not competitive. I have grown a lot as a individual by working at this company. Family businesses are hard to be accepted into and when I came to work everyday I felt like I was apart the family.
Pros
lots of positive people
Cons
long hours and none competitive wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRAIL APPLIANCES LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7