TRAIL APPLIANCES LTD

TRAIL APPLIANCES LTD Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
I started at an entry level position, it was relaxed and casual when I worked there, a fun work environment, pay was bad, work was hard, but the people were good, and I had fun working there.
Worked at trail for 9 months, and it was possibly the worst job I’ll ever have. Besides the employee’s, I hated going to work every morning. The management was awful and the pay was worse. Shift starts at 8 and I would be home by 1 most days. This job will not help you pay your bills what so ever. Unless you’re desperate, I would not recommend applying for this job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
13 July 2020
We are definitely concerned about the negative experience you had working with us.

On average, our Drivers work between 35 and 40 hours per week. However, the majority of your tenure would have fallen during the COVID-19 pandemic (a time during which many of our employees were entirely laid off.) Unfortunately, for those still employed, their hours would be inconsistent and reduced.

We value all of our employees' time and dedication and we will continue to work at improving our employee experience.
Trail Appliances was a great place to work and I will miss working there. My coworkers were wonderful and the family owners were great. Too bad it had to end because of a pandemic.
I stopped working there because of personal issues outside of work. if I could get a job working there again I would. I loved working for trail appliances
When I got the interview at Trail Appliances I was so excited! I had been wanting to get my foot in the door driving larger/taller vehicles and I was fortunate enough to get along with everyone as soon as the interview began. While the culture of the company may be questioned by some, my thick skin and can do attitude helped change the delivery department for the better! This company has helped me learn and grow as much as one can! Alas, after four years of hard work I was faced with a tough decision to either settle for a Job I had mastered, or push to find more work experience driving class 3. I really enjoyed every day working for this company! It is an excellent company to grow and learn!. Being a class 3 driver I felt that my potential wasn't being fully utilized and therefore I left to go find more lucrative work. I would recommend this company to anyone not afraid to work hard and learn!
Pros
Discount appliances, annual gifts, benefits
Cons
Variable hours, limited room for advancement
I was on a contract with them and loved every minute of it. Supportive managers, they dont micromanage at all but are there to help. It really felt like a second family.
Awesome place to work.. Great people and great atmosphere. Management are great people. lots of room for advancement.. recommend it to anyone looking for work
Overall its not a bad place to work, certain co-workers are great. There are different daily tasks that keep you on your toes, and different challenges that come with your job to solve.
overall its not a bad place to work, co-workers are great. There are different daily tasks that keep you on your toes, and different challenges that come with your job to solve.
If you are not related to someone that is part of the owners you will not go far in this joke of a company.
Pros
Nice lunch room???
Cons
A lot of back stabbing goes on here.
21 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We have never hid the fact that Trail Appliances is a family-owned private company. We are proud so many of the family continue to work in the business at all levels, from our warehouse up to our President. They bring with them a passion for the business and a wealth of knowledge about the industry, which is a competitive advantage to our customers.

As a family owned business, it is true that our executive team will continue to be comprised primarily of family members (with 87% of that team currently being members of the family). With that being said, 100% of our Senior Leadership team is comprised of non-family members; it would be entirely untrue to state that we do not value, promote, and recruit skilled, talented and capable members to our management team.
I have been working for Trail for almost 11 years now and I can definitely say I have experienced a lot of expansion in the company. Though our growth the Family atmosphere has stayed the same. I can truly say I love going to work. My job is different everyday as I meet new clients all of the time. I started here as a young female and have always felt empowered and I have been able to grow. The sales position is not for the weak at heart so you have to be willing to work hard, but the work definitely pays off.
Pros
Great pay, Great atmosphere
Cons
High Volume Job
good work culture
a lot of learning experience

new experiences everyday

team work a asset

cross department training

growing opportunities

management is good
I think the best thing about working for Trail is that I have been strongly supported in my role and I have been given both the responsibility and the authority to do my job well. There are many long term employees here which adds to the stability and speaks to the positive working environment.
A great Family owned work place where everyone is willing to help and assist in achieving the best you can be to those willing to put in the time and effort to grow themselves and the company. Options to expand personal work experiences with opportunities to move around the company. Many staff members have long tenures (10+ years) working here.
Pros
Great people to work with and very flexible
Cons
technology could use an upgrade
Was hired to operate equipment, within 2 months a new manager came who was completely incompetent everyone who knew anything about warehousing quit with in 3 months complete waste of time
29 April 2019
We are definitely concerned about the negative experience you believe you had working with us.

However, we are a bit perplexed by your review. We have no such title in our Edmonton operation. The average tenure of our warehouse leadership team is 12 years and the last time we hired a new manager in the area was August of 2008. Perhaps you have reviewed the wrong company.

Either way, we value all of our employees' time and dedication and we will continue to work at improving our employee experience.
Team atmosphere, enjoy the job and collaborating with my colleagues. Service System are not the most efficient but the company continues to work on developing a more proficient system and keep making small strides forward.
Pros
Positive office environment
Cons
Not much room for advancement
decent place to have worked, very relaxed work pace and environment. Management would sooner throw someone else under the bus, than take any responsibility. Pay increases are non existent.
The company sounds great to work for, and at first feels wonderful, but that wonderment quickly fades. It's run in a very old fashioned masculine way, and how dare someone be young, female and intelligent.
Cons
Shark tank!
4 April 2019
We are definitely concerned about the experience you had in our Saskatoon store.

We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. Unfortunately, when employees refuse to participate in the established training, shadowing and mentoring programs for new Sales Consultants, it becomes very have very hard for someone to be successful and learn product knowledge and Trail Advantage.

We wish you well in your future endeavors.
4 April 2019

We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. Unfortunately, when employees refuse to participate in the established training, shadowing and mentoring programs for new Sales Consultants, it becomes very hard for someone to be successful and learn product knowledge and Trail Advantage.

We wish you well in your future endeavors.
rather not comment of the running of this business as its overall atmosphere is ok its just other aspects that i do not agree with but that more on a personal level
4 April 2019

A great place to work and an excellent stepping stone for learning new things. I would recommend this company if you were just starting out in the finance department
They pile more stuff on to the people who get very little pay. We worked very hard and nothing has improved.I love the people I work with but the pay does not match the work. Meanwhile people in the admin departments are making more then $20 an hour. When I started I was making 14.50 an hour everyone after me was getting started at 15 /hour even the ones that were fresh out of high school, they favour men 100 percent in the customer service department, they seem to move up within a month or 2 when a female employee works Hard for over 6 months and doesn’t even get a chance at moving up. When something is incorrect people don’t pick up their phones or respond to emails right away you have to hunt people down in that store. Some sales people are very pushy and some don’t even care about their customers then you have the sales people that go above and beyond by helping their customers. Some of the sales managers are very inappropriate with the younger female staff of customer service it’s quite disgusting and disappointing. They should be a lot more professional than that.
Pros
The people you work with, benefits, work with your availability
Cons
No pay raise or bonuses, makes treated way better in some departments
30 January 2019

We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team, so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. We take Human Rights and Harassment allegations such as you noted in your review very seriously. All such allegations are thoroughly investigated when brought forth.

Your statement that males are favoured in Customer Service would be inaccurate. We currently have 6 individuals who have been promoted into Tier 2 and 3 level customer service level roles. 50% of those are male (who have combined service of over 12 years) and 50% of those are females (who have combined service of only 6 years). All promotions are based on performance, demonstrated skills and abilities. We are clear about the expectations which have to be achieved in order to be considered for those promotions.