TRAIL APPLIANCES LTD Employee Reviews

Wearhouse management is a joke
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2019
Was hired to operate equipment, within 2 months a new manager came who was completely incompetent everyone who knew anything about warehousing quit with in 3 months complete waste of time
29 April 2019

We are definitely concerned about the negative experience you believe you had working with us.

However, we are a bit perplexed by your review. We have no such title in our Edmonton operation. The average tenure of our warehouse leadership team is 12 years and the last time we hired a new manager in the area was August of 2008. Perhaps you have reviewed the wrong company.

Either way, we value all of our employees' time and dedication and we will continue to work at improving our employee experience.

Positive office environment
Inventory/Service billing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2019
Team atmosphere, enjoy the job and collaborating with my colleagues. Service System are not the most efficient but the company continues to work on developing a more proficient system and keep making small strides forward.
Pros
Positive office environment
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Shark tank!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 April 2019
The company sounds great to work for, and at first feels wonderful, but that wonderment quickly fades. It's run in a very old fashioned masculine way, and how dare someone be young, female and intelligent.
Cons
Shark tank!
4 April 2019

We are definitely concerned about the experience you had in our Saskatoon store.

We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. Unfortunately, when employees refuse to participate in the established training, shadowing and mentoring programs for new Sales Consultants, it becomes very have very hard for someone to be successful and learn product knowledge and Trail Advantage.

We wish you well in your future endeavors.

4 April 2019

We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. Unfortunately, when employees refuse to participate in the established training, shadowing and mentoring programs for new Sales Consultants, it becomes very hard for someone to be successful and learn product knowledge and Trail Advantage.

We wish you well in your future endeavors.

rather not comment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 February 2019
rather not comment of the running of this business as its overall atmosphere is ok its just other aspects that i do not agree with but that more on a personal level
4 April 2019

We are definitely concerned about the negative experience you had working with us.

We value all of our employees' time and dedication and we will continue to work at improving our employee experience.

Friendly Management
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2018
A great place to work and an excellent stepping stone for learning new things. I would recommend this company if you were just starting out in the finance department
Love the people not so much the pay...
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary south1 December 2018
They pile more stuff on to the people who get very little pay. We worked very hard and nothing has improved.I love the people I work with but the pay does not match the work. Meanwhile people in the admin departments are making more then $20 an hour. When I started I was making 14.50 an hour everyone after me was getting started at 15 /hour even the ones that were fresh out of high school, they favour men 100 percent in the customer service department, they seem to move up within a month or 2 when a female employee works Hard for over 6 months and doesn’t even get a chance at moving up. When something is incorrect people don’t pick up their phones or respond to emails right away you have to hunt people down in that store. Some sales people are very pushy and some don’t even care about their customers then you have the sales people that go above and beyond by helping their customers. Some of the sales managers are very inappropriate with the younger female staff of customer service it’s quite disgusting and disappointing. They should be a lot more professional than that.
Pros
The people you work with, benefits, work with your availability
Cons
No pay raise or bonuses, makes treated way better in some departments
30 January 2019

We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team, so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. We take Human Rights and Harassment allegations such as you noted in your review very seriously. All such allegations are thoroughly investigated when brought forth.

Your statement that males are favoured in Customer Service would be inaccurate. We currently have 6 individuals who have been promoted into Tier 2 and 3 level customer service level roles. 50% of those are male (who have combined service of over 12 years) and 50% of those are females (who have combined service of only 6 years). All promotions are based on performance, demonstrated skills and abilities. We are clear about the expectations which have to be achieved in order to be considered for those promotions.

Never Work Here, Poor Management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2018
Very unpleasant place to work overall,Staff is very unfriendly and not willing to teach or help anybody anytime,the choose random days for you to work
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Nothing good about this place
30 November 2018

We encourage all our team members to speak with their Managers, or with the HR team so we can explore and address these problems while still employed with us. We do try to make it clear during the recruitment and on-boarding process that, due to the nature our business, our employees need to be available to work all seven days of the week.

Family owned, employed by them for 26 years
Contract Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2018
Ran a business within their business, was treated very well by the ownership, trusted and respected to get the job done for 20+ years. achieved goals, on sales volume and margin.
Great place to plant roots and grow a long career
Managment (Current Employee) –  Sasktoon11 October 2018
Trail is a great family owned and run company focusing on long lasting employee and customer relationships.
There are many opportunities to grow with in the company across a multitude of different departments.
Everyday has something new to bring within the fast passed sales environment.
Pros
Best in class showrooms, better than most income opportunity
This job was made for me
Customer Raltions (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2018
Customer focused business which has always been very important.to me. Customer's make us who we are - and it is recognized and understood here.
This was important to me as well as what keeps me here in the same position I have done for over 10 years now. I have the same role I have had for years now but each and every day is different (I love the variety) and new challenges to find solutions to. I have the tools to do my role and the best reward is when I can turn a negative customer experience into a positive one.
Pros
Respect, location, hours, flex days
Cons
No sick days
Great Workpalce Enviroment with Room to Grow
Contract Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2018
The culture makes you feel like you're part of the Broderick family. The Management team is very understanding and accommodating and always willing to help you. Even though working with Appliances isn't something I thought I'd be doing, the work if very team oriented and as well as very rewarding.

Trail offers lots of in house training and cross-training of all the different departments and also with growth options. The management team seems to reward hard working employees with opportunities to continue to grow with the company.

The people are the best part of the job because everyone is always looking to help each other, even if that means going outside your scope of work.
Pros
Chef in house and very friendly/team oriented staff.
Great family owned & operated company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 September 2018
Great company to advance in, always promote within before hiring outside of the company.
Customer service & Trail advantages are above all else in the industry, we still have our own delivery staff, plumbers for installing appliances & service technicians for any repairs which always beats calling 1-800-MANUFACTURER.
Great people to work with, makes you want to go to work everyday. So much knowledge within the staff as lots of my co-workers have been with Trail for 15 + years, so you know it's a great company when that happens!
Everyone works as a team to make sure the customer is getting the best possible service.
Pros
Great ownership & staff to work with
Cons
Sometimes hard to deal with service repairs when manufacturers don't help out as much as they should
Great people with a productive work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2018
If you're a motivated individual, this is a place that can help you reach your potential. A great group of staff and ownership make it easy to come to work. Hours can be long, but you are always compensated for anything extra.
Pros
lots of staff functions, in house chef lots of food to taste
Cons
hours can sometimes be long with some weekend work.
Great family owned & operated company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2018
Trail strives to stay up to date in an ever changing market while keeping a watchful eye on their environmental footprint.
I have worked for Trail Appliances for over 20 years. I have seen the company grow to what it is today & I am proud to be a part of that growth.
productive and welcoming environment.
Inventory Coordinator/Warranty (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2018
good working environment. everybody is ready to help whenever the need arises. I am always looking forward to go to work. trail appliance has no bias and it is an equal opportunity employer.
Pros
one friday off in a month
Good Place
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2018
For my role is was some days would be very busy others would be very slow. On the slow days it would give you time to time to catch up on things that you had to postpone.My manger and Directer were accommodating. Easy going and you could talk to them and ask questions. My team members were friendly knowledgeable and always willing to help and teach if need be,
Pros
Friendly staff, accommodating, Senior management very approachable.
Cons
Can not work from home, not much of work culture, mom and pop shop environment.
Family oriented, community focused and stable
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary13 September 2018
Trail Appliances is a great place to work. Being a family owned company you have direct access to all levels of management and to ownership if you want to discuss new ideas. A very flat organizational structure. If your boss doesn't report to ownership, your bosses' boss does. No worries about corporate red tape, waiting for your boss to juggle budgets, and politics to get approval. Does it make sense, can it be implemented, will it be embraced. Just good business questions

With any job you have to choose your engagement level and this is definitely a company that rewards your dedication. I rated the work life balance less than 5 starts, but that is mostly a personal choice.

The culture is good, but you won't find week long stampede parties, After hours team building events are infrequent, but pot lucks and other daytime department celebrations are regular events.

Great staff purchase program.
Great place to work with many types of positions
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2018
Trail is a great place to work!! There are so many long term (10+ year) staff employed here and that speaks to the overall job satisfaction that employees feel here. No two days are ever the same, and depending on your role within the company, there are always new things to learn and plenty of people to show you how! There are many areas to work in, from appliance delivery and warehousing, to sales, to office and administration, to accounts receivables and payables, a growing IT department, appliance service, appliance installation, plumbing, HVAC, and more!
Pros
Staff here are like family as many of us have worked together for a very long time
Cons
Because Trail is so busy, work/personal life balance can be a challenge, but that is on the individual to keep in check
Great Working Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
I find it very easy to get things done. There is not big bureaucracy or hierarchy to go through to make changes. The ownership is engaged in the business and not "too big" to work in the business. I see the president on the floor routinely, I see owners polishing appliances, I see owners working in the warehouse. These people really care.
Pros
Warm and welcoming working environment, family owned and operated, the ownership is connected and involved in the business.
Cons
Some of the technology supports could be better (i.e. video conferencing)
Service Tech assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRAIL APPLIANCES LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

TRAIL APPLIANCES LTD Reviews by Location