Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres Employee Reviews

A satisfying place to grow professionally
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Erin, ON17 October 2019
I have worked as a therapist for a couple of years at Trafalgar and have gained a lot of professional experience working in this fast-paced and at times intense residential environment. Management is open to feedback and I have witnessed Trafalgar develop many innovative programs to provide ongoing support for clients' and their families since I started. There has also been a better work culture and sensitivity to employee needs over the past year. As stressful as the challenges working in mental health and addictions can bring, being able to make a meaningful difference in clients journeys in recovery and having support from colleagues in this environment is very rewarding.
Rewarding Career
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON16 October 2019
I truly enjoy working at Trafalgar. I have acquired significant experience and knowledge working with the clientele within the program and embrace being challenged as it has enhanced my skills. I find this work to be incredibly rewarding and I am grateful to have the opportunity to engage in such meaningful work. I value collaboratively working within a multi-displinary team and find the atmosphere to be supportive and friendly. I also appreciate the emphasis on continuing with my professional development.
Challenging yet full of opportunities
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON16 October 2019
Comparing my experience from other treatment centres with this company, I have to admit that this one is different. Many opportunities to develop yourself, good place to work for those who want to do more and go beyond their "job descriptions".
No micro management, flexibility is welcomed.
Clients' results are inspiring. Although it is a business, this company provides amazing aftercare and family support programs for free.
Great Organization
Addiction Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Gores Landing, ON16 October 2019
Great co-workers, good benefits and salary.
Company has a good team atmosphere that fosters cooperation and respect.
I have worked at Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres over 4 years.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients that are in need.
Overall, the company cares about the staff and more importantly helping people!
Fast Paced, yet rewarding
Addictions Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Trafalgar Residence West16 October 2019
I worked at Trafalgar Residence for 4 years. Trafalgar Residence has always supported my growth as a member of their team and have provided me with the necessary support to thrive in my role. I have worked in a few residential treatment facilities in the past and found something special at Trafalgar Residence. The complexity of cases and the opportunity to sharpen your skills is unrivaled to any other place i have worked. It is a treatment facility for those with Mental Health and Addiction struggles, so yeah, Its stressful. However, I have been happy through out the duration of my employment here. As a counsellor or a therapist, that has the ability to cope with their own stress and are willing to utilize their skill sets to the best of their ability, I would highly recommend Trafalgar Residence to my respected networks.
Pros
Impacting the lives of the clients you serve
Cons
Its stressful
great place to work
Addictions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, ON16 October 2019
I have been working at Trafalgar now for about one year now as a Addictions Counselor great place to work. staff here are all friendly. i mostly work the overnight shifts super safe at night all the doors lock. center is located in a nice quiet area.
Rewarding and Challenging Environment
Addictions Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Erin, ON11 October 2019
Great to be a part of a team that cares and makes a difference. I have been with Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres for a number of years and have been able to grow in my position. A very rewarding field where I can see my results in the lives we change. Working in addiction can be difficult however Trafalgar does its best to support me and provide me with the tools to succeed with my clients.
Stay away
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Erin, ON2 October 2019
Awful place to work, and terribly Managed. I'm honestly surprised they are still in business. Lots of staff turnover as a result of a toxic work environment. Therapist are treated like sales people and expected to keep people in treatment to make more money.
Great people to work with. Demanding work.
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Erin, ON1 September 2019
Great people to work with. Complex cases. Built great rapport with clients. Great professional development opportunities. High staff turnover unsettling
Review
Addiction Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Gores Landing, ON31 October 2018
Worked here for just over a month and didn't really like it. I was an overnight counsellor and didn't feel safe or secure as all doors are unlocked and I was the only employee on duty between 12am and 7am. The location at Gores Landing is in the middle of cottage town and secluded.
Pros
Great employees, job was exactly what I wanted in terms of description, a lot of independence
Cons
unsafe situations alone all night, emergency response times are too high, huge turn over rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3