Tradesman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Good company that is still growing
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 May 2019
Tradesman seems like a great place to work. I am sort of in a gopher position where I have to jump from one task to the next on a regular basis, but the management is always willing to listen to concerns, explain when I have any issues or questions, and typically listen whenever I suggest an improvement to the current way we do something.

They have full benefits coverage, a decent starting wage, a free breakfast program that I know is not cheap, and they have a pool table for employees to use on breaks. Easily one of the best entry level jobs that a person could have.

Hardest part of the job for me is batching tasks in a way that I can reliably finish everything that I need to get done in a day and still have time to work on projects, but to me that means that management trusts me to be able to think for myself and does not need to direct me every second of every day.

The company is still growing and is currently trying to get employees to offer up any ideas that they have for making their jobs more efficient or better, and the bosses all seem genuinely interested in hearing feedback, but production workers seem uneasy about offering ideas for some reason. I don't understand why, as I've never received negative feedback from my suggestions.
Pros
Free breakfast, Pool table
Cons
Many small distractions
Very poor work place mentality
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 March 2019
expect allot of empty promises , problems to be swept under the rug , supervisors like to play favorites . fixes are mostly jimmy rigged / make do . Very poisonous work environment . expect to feel like you put your all in for nothing / little recognition or appreciation . expect very little respect from lead hands and supervisors .
I used to enjoy working here.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 March 2019
I’d worked for the company for a couple of years and had only ever taken two sick days throughout my employment. Working at Tradesman Manufacturing had been an enjoyable job in the sense that there is so much to learn in both production and operation. It can be repetitive at times and overall enjoyable with a sense of satisfaction at the end of the day, knowing that you got a lot done if the machines are working properly.

The downside of working for this company is due to the poor management that is presented on production staff. The high turnover rate reflects this. That being said, depending on what part of the plant you work at, you may have a bad experience. There’s also a lot of toxicity within the company itself and can affect the morale of employees. This can be common with shop environment jobs but is more than commonly presented here.

At first, it was a positive experience working at Tradesman Manufacturing, but it didn’t last long. I was hoping I’d have found a company that I could see myself staying with for a very long time. What made me decide to leave the company was because of how I was treated. I had been increasingly under appreciated and increasingly spoken to like I didn’t care about my job (in which I did care about it). The pay is decent, but I wouldn’t recommend working here if you consider yourself a genuinely hard working employee. Better off finding a company with a good work culture.
Pros
Decent pay, solid work schedule
Cons
Poor management, mistreatment of employees
Poor work conditions
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 March 2018
Not as family oriented of a company as one would expect. Office and management is very disconnected from regular production staff. Employees rarely are treated with dignity and respect and often are over worked and under paid. Production is usually promised raises after a certain amount of improvement however the evaluations are never done in a punctual fashion and some form of loop hole is presented to ensure no raises are actually given. Overall the people employed there are nice and friendly. However the company is very poorly organized.
It was a bad expierence.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 February 2018
No one talks to each other, communication does not exist. I was doing well, but one week from probation everything changes. Was told I was doing well,, but I guess they can't or won't tell you how things are going, if u need to get better. Never missed a day, worked hard. Let go a week before probation up. When your under the impression things are good, u keep doing what they ask. . So they depend on heavy turnover to get what they need. It's a shame they won't work with u.
Steady work with opportunity for growth.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 February 2018
Had a great experience with this company. Not one to post reviews but if you worry about getting fired your probably not doing a great job. Management was open, honest and to the point. If you are willing to put in the time and effort you can advance with in the company. Within 1 year of working I was supervising my own team of employees.
Pros
Free Hot Lunches
Cons
No overtime
Good product quality in a very fast paced environment
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 March 2017
Good working hours available in a very fast paced environment. Can be a good place to work in certain areas of the plant but it depends on who you have as a supervisor. If they don't like you, you will spend every day wondering if you are going to be fired.
Cons
Mandatory training is unpaid and done on your own time
production using sheet and metal
production worker (Former Employee) –  lethbridge, alberta15 February 2012
a place to work to learn about how to build a aspects of building ac and heating ducks and parts that are connected to and around them.
Pros
free hot lunch 6 times a year
Cons
don't like any type of chit chat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesman Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Tradesman Manufacturing Reviews by Location