Trade Secrets Employee Reviews

fun work place in a great spot in burlington mall
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 March 2019
We are located near Hudson bay, we have quiet an interactive spot where we get to meet a lot of customer every day and lot of services we provide, my manager motivates us which keeps us interested at work
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
far for home
Good part time job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2019
Very good place to work, if you are into the beauty industry this is the place for you.
you get to experience all the products first hand.
........
Retail and Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
Great fun retail environment to work along side beauty bloggers and fashinovas. They have a great range of products, and their training is great. Very friendly staff
Great team work
Assistant Manager/key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 July 2018
I loved and enjoyed working six years with Trade secrets it has a great team work and fun environment I have learned alot and have great memories with my co workers it was like a family to me.
Enjoyable
Cashier, Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto - Sherway Gardens Mall2 July 2018
This work experience allowed me to develop skills in areas of customer service and sales.

Maintained inventory of product lines by placing orders, receiving shipment and shelving items.

Knowledge of different product lines was imperative in order to promote and sell.
Not a good experience
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
Trade Secrets was unprofessional, The staff got treated unfairly and rules were not fallowed by the owner and general manager. There was gossip and drama within the company.
Would not reccomend
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
The workplace culture is very different store to store. So if you're considering working for this company, make sure you get a good gauge on what the manager (and team if possible) is like over the interview. The teams do tend to be small so if you happen to not like someone...well there's no avoiding seeing them a lot. In light of the minimum wage increase, most stores are cutting hours so there's that to consider too. If you're looking at this job because you want something in hair/beauty, my honest advice is to go for a bigger company that will actually give you benefits and not pay you minimum wage while expecting top notch service.
Pros
Cons
Minimum wage, mimimum breaks, no benefits, some stores are cult-y
standard work place
Manager/ Retail &Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 April 2018
Standard work place where business in concluded in a professional manner. The clientele are wonderful and respectful and pleasure to work with. all of the employees are very good team players.
Pros
wonderful clientele
Cons
Long Hours Standing
Fun working love my job
Aesthetician/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 March 2018
Excellent loved my work
Love doing laser
I can do 10 diffrent type of facials
Threading waxing massages
Make to feel good about them selve to clients
Do not apply... Mississauga location
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
Co-works are so sweet, too bad they have terrible owner/manager who has no knowledge of running a business/operating it. Owner/manager is really rude, they show favouritism which can really put an individual down.

Just a terrible working environment overall.
It is a place to grow your skills and work on your strengths and weaknesses
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
It is a place where you meet different clients from different cultures and expectations and learn to multi task in terms of keeping the store look nice and professional and customer satisifactory by interacting with their expectations
How about no stars, very unpleasant
FT Beauty Advisor / Key Holder / Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 October 2017
BAD VIBES. All efforts go unappreciated, do more than one job role / tasks. Rude manager, Never smiles. Management sucks, does not coumminate with employees and does not care for the employees. The manager / owner are very sneaky and very dishonest. I feel sorry for those working for the new owners. In conclusion, they’re utterly so unprofessional by talking in their own language and showing favouritism. It is absolutely unfair and I cannot tolerate that kind of behaviour in a work place environment that’s suppose to be “fun “
Pros
None.
Cons
Long hours, no benefits, no bonus, low wage
Great job envirnment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 October 2017
Very friendly environment. Respectful to each other. Always trained to prioritize clients needs. Cleanliness was a must for staff and clients. Clients were mostly happy with the environment.
Pros
Able to sit while there was no customer
horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 September 2017
by far one of the worst run employers, horrible pay. aside from my district manager at the time, every other management never smiled, wouldn't even talk to employees,
Background in professional hair and beauty product/services is an advantage
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
Easy going job and very dynamic!!!

Some locations are owned by franchise partners, which most of it requires their sales associates to meet a daily/weekly sales quota. Most franchisee do not have employee benefit package and compensation is not the best.

Individuals with prior background in professional hair and beauty products and services may have an advantage.
Pros
dynamic work place
Cons
must meet unrelistic daily/weekly sales goal
Amazing work environment with friendly staff
Seasonal Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
I was always excited each morning getting up for work. The staff are all friendly and very helpful. I am an aspiring color technician so I learned so much working there about all the different products and coloring techniques. The only drawback from working there was I was suddenly let go out of nowhere with no liable reason, but that was not the workplaces fault, it was the owner. He was super inconsistent with keeping his word and threw news at people out of nowhere with little to no warning.
Pros
Job was a perfect start for my career goal
Cons
owner.
Horrible & unprofessional Ottawa Locations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa20 May 2017
DO NOT WORK HERE !
The management and Owner are extremely unprofessional and rude to their employees ... they do not trust their employees or loyal customers.

They have made countless employees cry and quit within a couple of days because of their horrible, bullying attitude. They manipulate and talk so badly of other employees, past employees and even customers. It's a horrible environment ONLY because of the management and owner. The girls you work with are amazing and the customers are always nice and pleasant.

The pay isn't worth it for the amount of trouble they give you and bonus gets cut all the time. Also hours aren't guaranteed and they will force you to quit instead of them firing you... they watch you on the cameras all the time which is a violation of privacy and just makes you feel uneasy all the time.

Don't waste your time. Go somewhere else for a job.
Pros
The Products
Cons
Management, Owner, Pay, Bonus, Hours, Unprofessional attitude
Fast Pace, Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 May 2017
Amazing place to work for! Staff and employees are amazing! Very flexible with schedule. Training is amazing and employer is beyond helpful with training.
Pros
People
Cons
Late shifts
long hours,little pay
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
exhausting, demanding-under paid
major focus on making company money with no reward
requires tons of product knowledge and ability to apply that different people
acts like a commission based environment, but is not
Not good
Sales Associate, Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 May 2017
People were not nice here
Co workers were stuck up
learned very little