TPD Employee Review

OHSU - The Personnel Department/GoodStaff
Pas Specialist (Former Employee) –  Contracted to OHSU6 June 2012
Front office in a surgery center/clinic. Very busy, answer phones, greet patients, triage patient phone calls, can be very hectic with a high level of ill patients needing direct care. Obtain referrals, obtain medical records, patient information, patient registration, patient authorizations, scheduling patients, checking patients in and out, sending out new patient paperwork, collecting co-pays, reconciling the cash drawer, preparing bank deposits. All in all, a very fast paced atmosphere, non-stop patient interaction, interaction with medical staff. Need for accuracy is paramount. At least one day per week was set aside for filing or getting the front office orderly, meetings etc. Short lunches, early start and no parking. Had to ride the bus daily. Good pay.
Pros
had to be a quick learner, quick thinker, and always question what you don't know. learned a lot.
Cons
no parking and had to ride the bus.

Other TPD Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to temp
Temp (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 April 2018
I can't speak for working for the company in general but they are a great organization to temp with. I enjoyed my time with them, very understanding and pleasant.
Pros
Benefits after a certain amount of hours worked.
Your standard temp agency.
Temporary Assignments - Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC2 March 2018
I've been working with these guys on and off since 2014. Things were great when I started out - lots of openings for full-time positions that lasted months, decent pay, good locations. Lately however, things seem to have gone kinda downhill. A lot of places aren't using temp workers anymore, at least where I am, and the pay isn't nearly enough for an expensive city like Vancouver.

The TPD agents you'll talk to are all super nice and understanding. They know their stuff, and they'll always answer questions and give you the info you need. It's a good gig to be a temp if you like variety, but you'd do well to remember this: If you're gonna get in with these guys, don't rely on it for income. It's a good pick-me-up if you need some quick cash, but there's no job security here anymore.
Pros
Variety, flexibility, paid weekly
Cons
No job security, lackluster pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TPD. Our community is ready to answer.