Toys R Us Canada

Canada1,168 reviews

Found 1,168 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,174 reviews
toysruschristmasseasonalstoreshelfcustomercashseason

Good part time job

Good experience. Easy to move up if you show determination. Lots of hours during Christmas season. Management was nice and polite. Lots of flexibility with work schedule.

Fun

Fun and helpful. Nice workers. Customers mostly nice. Management is great. Would recommend working here and shopping here. Good selection and prices.

Insights into Toys R Us Canada

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Terrible management

The management is the worst parts are so all over the place and none of them know what they’re doing at all and they focus on micromanagement! You get paid minimum wage and unless you work cashier they force you to overwork yourself and move around and do unnecessary nonsense! This is The second worst job I’ve ever had right behind the Amazon sweatshop factory

It’s was a good job

Great for parents and students.Do not expect advancement or hours.There is a expectation that you have an open availability when the company apparently doesn’t even have even have enough hours to properly employ it’s staff,

Softening the stress of night shift.

Aside from the difficult schedule, the management made the job feel easy and rewarding. They respected your schedule and give you opportunities to work extra.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Long Hours, Difficult employees

A great place to work if you need flexibility

Toys R us was a great place to work overall. Compared to other retail positions I worked, the people I worked with at Toys R Us were much more respectful and it was a better work environment.

Terrible Management, Greedy Company

Management will sit in the office all day, watching cameras. As soon as you move away from cash they will come out and tell you to go back to the register. They will hound on you to sell campaign and protection plans on every purchase and if you don’t reach the “quota” they will try to make you feel bad about it.

Easy Fun work environment but that’s about it…..

Started off as a fun place to work after a couple weeks it started to feel like they don’t care about their employees shift cuts all the time and one point I was getting 1 shift a week they have no trust in Their employees aswell they search your bags/backpack everytime you leave kind of insulting

Toysrus kid

I've been working here for 6 years now and there's never a dull moment, each day bring something new and exciting! I'm happy to learn something new everyday and the management team is happy to corroborate and help you out if you put in the work. I hope to stay there for a long time.

Good first job environment

Worked at toysrus as a seasonal possition, was a bit overwhelming during Christmas time with all the parents buying stuff but it’s manageable wish they would have headsets instead of having to ask for help etc over the speakers in the store

Bad company

Managers treat their employees very poorly. They pay their employees minimum wage and expect them to work full time hours . They do not even give employees a break . Managers harass employees a lot .

Good Job but boring and tedious work

I worked there for little over a year, I was hired as a seasonal and after performing to their expectations in the month probation/testing period, I was given a full part time position. The work was good, the staff were very good, my coworkers were very fun to work alongside, management was good: flexible and accomodating and very understanding. Except for one manager who was not pleasant to deal with occasionally, but they were fairly nice too. Overall a good job, and an excellent student job

Ca vaut pas le coup

Pour 13.10 ils vont te faire travailler comme un fou et porter des charge incroyable.

Pros

Je sais pas.

Cons

Pause courtes, salaires, Direction pas assez attentive

Loved the Job - Fired Unexpectedly Without Warning

Personally, I adored working at the Toys R Us (3537) in Belleville. If they read this review they’ll probably know who I am. It was a great working experience. I loved the customers, my coworkers, and just the vibe of the store. The interview and hiring process went well and I’m one of the only new hires that stayed for a while.Just recently I reached my 90 day mark and they terminated my contract. Under policy they weren’t allowed to tell me why and I was very shocked when it happened. I never received any warnings or felt like I was incorrectly doing my job. I wish I received more feedback. I was excited to try new things and be put to more tasks in the store rather than just being a cashier but it didn’t come to be.For anyone who’s looking into working here I’d say go for it, I truly loved it. Just note that you don’t get many hours and pay attention to every detail of what your doing.

Work Life at Toys R Us Brampton.

The work/tasks assigned to you are straightforward and easy. it was the same stuff every day. Management was horrible and very unprofessional, all they ever did was sit in the office and play cards or gossip with one another. The manager also insults their employees and tells employees that they can work elsewhere if the hours given are not up to their satisfaction. overall 4/10 :|

whatever

it is a mid job. Nothing special about it, lots of favoritism among management, incompetent management, etc. Explains why they are going out of business

Pros

Cons

It is a minimum wage job with bad management.

Great place to work.

I enjoyed working there. Over the years I worked at 3 locations. Management was great. Only time you could move up in the company was when someone left. There is a lot of turnover with regular staff, but management tended to stay a long time.

Okay job maybe for a high school student

Staff was very friendly. You won't get more hours than 4 hours a week if you're lucky. . You might get 10 if you have open availability Monday to Sunday. They pay minimum wage. A lot of lazy staff..Too many managers..and they dont communicate with each other.....so noone knows what's going on. Very unorganized. One day you will find a specific toy in one isle next day it could be in another location and noone can find it. They need better location and shelfing locations.

great place

great job! highly recommended! Great place to work because theres toys and everyone has a good time sometimes they even have pizza for everybody whats not to love!

Pros

toys!

Cons

nothing!

good first job

started working here in high school and im glad it was my first job because everyone was super helpful and i made very good friends whole working- job is pretty easy, it can get slow at times and you also stand the whole time

Work is very boring and repetitive

You will do the same things over and over everyday and this can make an 8 hour shift a grueling crawl. Cool coworkers but powertripping management. Overall not a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys R Us Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement