Toys R Us Canada

Toys R Us Canada Employee Reviews

Canada846 reviews
Working during the Holiday season
Worked here during the 2018 Holiday season. It was a good experience but I personally wouldn't go back to work here. However, the people that I worked with and the knowledge I gained was definitely something I'll never forget!
Vancouver was great, Calgary was a nightmare.
When I first started it was great, the training covered everything and was over a period of several weeks. I found from there that while I had earned my way to a full time of a certain section, I wasn't able to continue to progress in the company. When I moved locations, management went from good to horrific. My manager told me that my availability was only a guideline that she didn't need to follow, and wouldn't. I was cornered into a register by the same manager and tortured in many ways. She was everything I never dreamed to deal with and more. While I had some other great managers and fantastic co-workers, she was reason enough to hate coming to work. Issue with a customer? She's the only manager on hand? Goodluck, you're on your own. I would never tell anyone I know to work in any of the Calgary locations. I would additionally like to note that Calgary only took 3 days to train, and while maybe a couple weeks was a little long, I found the training period offered was too short with too little effort to care in the employee and more interest in selling protection plans.
Fun place, good people
During a normal day, it's pretty calm and casual during the holidays the hours are long, but it can be manage. The managers are understanding and the staff in general is really welcoming.
productive workplace
Everyday i would stand at my cash register and help customers with their purchases. we were also required to promote their insurance policy and at the end of a work day we would have to clean the shelves .
Fun place to work
I worked seasonal part-time at Toys R Us
The work itself was not difficult at all. On busy days you don't even realize the time passed. Management is approachable and very friendly. I would reccomend working there.
Customer Service Representative
Toys R Us is such a fun place to work for. The management team is very supportive and allows for opportunity to grow. The workplace culture is fun and very team like. I have learned a lot of important skills in this position that I can use in my work life and personal life.
Toys R Us Shift
I didn't mind the employees I worked with and most managers. Just prepare for getting any kind of manager. Some are nice and some have bullied, blame mistakes on people, angry when doing breaks/lunches and employees need to leave, etc. IF you need a job really quickly they tend to hire if you get an in-person interview.
Fun and great place to work
Working at toys r us is a great experience. It’s fun and mostly relaxed on a typical day. I went from working at Walmart to here and love it so much more. The staff are all very close and you’re not just a number like at other retail stores. You get proper training and advice and don’t get looked at funny when you have questions. Hours are good other then non busy times. 10/10 would recommend working here as long as you’re willing to learn and put effort into your job. The management actually acknowledges your accomplishments as well as they are very understanding.
Horrible managers + home work
Managers at this company have all been working there 30+ years mostly grumpy people. Also there is about ten minutes of homework they give for every shift.
Great co-workers and amazing management
I absolutely loved working with ToysRUs Canada. They had amazing staff, they work with different children's organizations such as Starlight and Autism Canada. I would really love to have a permanent job there.
We have to make sure all the prosucts are in the same store to be deivered
Its nice place to work.there is a favoritism.
They promise but they dont comply

In a 12 hr shift 3 breaks then uf the machine are broken only the people they like to work will work then they will let us go home.
Cons
Very long hrs.& standing all the time
Relaxed culture
open atmosphere without too much management involvement.
The management staff is very good and provides freedom.

culture was open.

not a lot of information is provided,
Travail étudiant
Environnement de travail qui bouge beaucoup. Salaire minimum malgré plusieurs efforts. Possibilités d'avancement peu probable.
Fun and a great place to work.
A typical day at work is sometimes fast but a lot of fun regardless .
When I was working there I learned a lot about retail and gained some experience.

The management is so sweet and fair to every employee and customer.

There wasn't really any hard part I'd say but it was difficult if I had to go out back and the people left to go shopping again to find them.

And the most enjoyable part of the job was helping others and I made a fair amount of friends.
productive and fun place to work
productive and fun place to work
extensive training program

good benefits package

yearly raises

plenty of opportunity for advancement in the company,,
Understaffed, disorganized and lacklustre
Though my first year of working at Toys R Us was fun, it quickly became clear once Toys R Us Canada was bought out by Fairfax that our store was changing for the worst. The introduction of a broken company system replaced our perfectly fine and functioning old one, creating confusion and a lack of basic functions that were promised to us months prior. After a swift change in management, our focus on raw profits was ramped up, and employees were cut to save costs. This past holiday season was a stressful disaster, not a single employee was satisfied with management. I would not suggest working here anytime other than the summer, if the store is packed, you aren't gonna have a positive experience working here.
fun and friendly environment
Toys R Us is a wonderful place to work filled with fun and excitement. The managers are understanding and treat you like family. All employees are friendly which makes an enjoyable work environment
Pros
flexible hours
Fun place
Fun place to work with the right managers. Sadly very hard to get ahead there.. they will have you assuming roles you arent paid or recognized for.. lots of fun events though. Great environment.. staff discount.. flexible for part time.. ability to creatively merchandise...
Enjoyable and productive enviornment
My time working at Toys R Us was my best experience with a job so far. The feeling of community was strong with my coworkers, and the work itself while a little slow at times, was enjoyable. Communication and discussion with customers tended to be interesting and enjoyable for both parties.
Pros
In-store discounts
Super Enrichissant !
Ça l'auras été une belle aventure de travailler pour Toys R Us Canada, avec des formations en ligne récurrentes, une équipe jeune et dynamique et des superviseurs et directeur de bonne écoute et encourageant, je vous conseil fortement d'y aller faire un tour, spécialement si c'est votre première emploi! Merci à toutes l'équipe.
Not appropriate
I would never suggest anyone to work there as managers are really partial and work environment is not good. Also they never appreciate your efforts . Moreover one can never develop or improve any skills working there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys R Us Canada. Our community is ready to answer.