Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Night Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 January 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced, and time management is key to ensure that all skids were put away, and all shelves were organized before it was time to open the next morning.
Fun place to work but customers are not the best.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 January 2018
Everyone I worked with seemed really nice and cool. But the customers there were really rude for the most part which made the job a lot less enjoyable.
Pros
Lots of nice co workers
Cons
Customers are terrible around christmas
for student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2018
flexible hours and good staff. Great for a student. Good management. Would recommend it for someone looking for a part time job whilst doing their studies.
Working at Toys R Us
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2018
I would show up about an hour early since I had to take the bus to work. I'd grab a quick breakfast, punch in after eating and went to work. Would go onto a register and sign in, then immediately help the customers. I tended to ring their items through fairly quickly which helped when the line exceeded the registers.
I was trained on cash as I was a seasonal employee.
The management team was very professional. They couldn't have been any more helpful when it came to training and explaining how the store worked.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that I might not have been kept on for part-time after the seasonal contract was up. Making mistakes like giving the customer the wrong change or forgetting to give the customer their items when they purchased so much.
The more enjoyable part was meeting and talking to the customers, as well as learning new skills that will benefit me in the future.
toy store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 January 2018
fun environment its a toy store so its easy to help customers find what they are looking for there are daily targets to reach your schedule is only prepared one week at a time
awesome environment but too many hours a week
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 December 2017
coworkers were awesome! there wasnt a whoole lotta of praise between employees and management. not a lot of training you are expected to learn things on your own which can be tricky when you are with customers.
Pros
great environment
Cons
too many hours for a part time position
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 December 2017
The majority of Toys R Us seasonal employees work part-time. In traditionally entry-level positions, Toys R Us seasonal associates earn starting pay just over minimum wage, on average. Toys R Us may permanently hire on workers after the end of the holiday season for increased wages. Even though i didn't I love and will miss everyone there.
Pros
everything
Cons
seasonal
good place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 December 2017
good place to work enjoyable staff, very clean and tidy, management is great! Working with a lot of them was fun and it was always a new exciting day every day.
It’s was a funny friendly work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 December 2017
It’s was I good experience at toys r us the first day I had to unload the truck and my arms hurt a lot but it was fine the people there are very kind.
Pros
Cons
Didn’t do the tour
Okay
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 December 2017
Management was a disappointment and difficult to work with, co workers were kind enough to show me the work environment but ultimately the supervisors put too much pressure on sales

Want to know more about Toys 'R' Us?

Ask a question
great place to work
store director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
loved working there, great staff. great items that we sold and liked helping customers. loved the hectic atmosphere and the busy pace. like the satisfaction of seeing happy customers.
Pros
great staff
Cons
sometimes long hours
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 December 2017
Genuinely a fun place to work. You get to experience so many different customers and help them find different things. I worked in the baby dept. and it was honestly so rewarding helping new parents find what they needed and answering their questions about different things.
I miss working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 December 2017
I loved my coworkers and the atmosphere was always welcoming. Always felt included and liked. Work was fun and I often miss it. 10/10 would work there again.
Wonderful place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 December 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and other people in different departments. They were all very friendly and fun to be around. It never felt like work.
Fun at Toys R Us
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2017
Fun working environment and very fast paced during the holiday season. They are very strict about selling the Buyer Protection Plans! Co-workers are usually pretty friendly.
Pros
Discounted toys
Cons
Selling BPPs, fast paced
great place to work if you are great at selling store warranty
seasonal full time cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2017
management was great so long as you meet the quota for store warranty which i think is little high. the person that trained me was very understanding and if you need help with your till there was lot was someone who could help you.
Pros
discount on all product
Cons
selling store warranty on anything that moves, lights up or electronic and i mean anything
fun place to work
Seasonal Baby Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 November 2017
I only worked part time as a seasonal sales associate. But while i was there it was an okay place, everyone was nice the customers for the most part were nice as well.
I loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
I loved working at toys r us. The co workers and customers were excellent. Management was fair and respectful of associates. The pay was horrible but overall the job was fun and easy
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people you get along with, as well as the days we get stock of things such as (hatchimals) the way the kids get excited, just brought a smile to my face.
The managers were all very kind and caring
Pros
everyone got along
Cons
buyers protection plan mattered too much
Not Bad
500/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 November 2017
Co-workers made all the difference, learned a lot about toys and educational sets, bike repairs, and assembling the demo furniture and the fixtures.
Management wasn't always thrilled about individual thinking and protected themselves to a point where any complaint about the director or assistant director to head office was given to said individuals to handle. They preferred to have their favorites in store over hard workers
Pros
Good people, lots of room to learn
Cons
More political then running for office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K