Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Good workplace, Bad Standards
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
Required quotas for add-on sales at cash made it very difficult for cashiers to maintain positions. Otherwise, management was friendly and allowed for a fun environment.
Great communication between associates and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2018
Toys 'R' Us introduced me to a more detailed explanation of life as a retail worker. The ability to interact with customers and make it possible for them to have a positive experience while they are shopping for their needs makes it very desirable as a job. Thanks to this job I have improved my communication skills and how to make work of team chemistry in the workplace.
Funnest place i've ever worked!
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2018
I absolutely loved this particular job great people, fun , loving felt like working with family. Had great work days, different things always happening. It was a awesome place to work with the people I worked with.
Seasonal Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2018
This was a job I was only at for a short time so I didn't have much foresight into it, but in that short time I learned the deadline has a very high value.
good hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 March 2018
the good thing about toys R us is being able to express yourself in any way, shape or form. you also meet people and make it fun to work there. no benefits or overtime.
Pros
get experience in a fast retail place
Cons
long hours, little breaks
Really friendly people to work with
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 February 2018
Everyone is super nice and good working conditions, the managers are nice too. Shifts are easy to get off and ive never had any problems really with the people
It was an okay place to work at the time.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
Could have been better but it wasn't so bad. I was there for a summer job while I was attending school at the same time. For me it was convenient considering I lived really close by. Management could have been better, and the typical day you would feel as if you wanted the shift to end.
Pros
You get to be proactive
Cons
it was a major headache.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 February 2018
A typical day at work included assisting customers behind the customer service desk with their refunds or purchases and sometimes going out on the floor if the desk area isn't very busy. At the end of the day, when it was almost time to close, we would have to straighten all the shelf's and put away any misplaced items. Management was excellent, quick and very helpful if there was ever a problem that any of the employees needed help with. I learned how to deal with customers, use a register, straighten, do re-shop, page and use the phone. The hardest part of the job was when there was huge lineups of people who needed to cash out. The most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with co-employees and customers.
Pros
Potlucks with free food every now and then
Fun Workplace
Morning Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 February 2018
Early Morning Shifts

Things I learnt about :
- Inventory Organizing
- Sales Promotions
- Pricing Schemes
- Health and safety

Friendly Co-workers, Amazing Store Director and Manager.
An okay workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 February 2018
The hours and management were not my most favorite thing about this particular workplace. I did enjoy the staff, the store is always filled with kids so it makes the day enjoyable.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
shift hours, management
Fantastic Emloyer
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 February 2018
Great place more positives than negatives. A lot or room for growth and movement. Staff fantastic and a lot of team building.-fun place with workplace balance.
Helpful and productive
Janitorial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2018
I only work there every two weekends, early morning just to clean the store, it’s not really anything consistant but it’s helps for the moment, hoping to get a better job .
Pros
Helpfull
It was long ago
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 February 2018
It was so long ago that I do not believe I have an accurate account of how the company is run at this point. they definitely had excellent health benefits available, so if that is still the same it his a big plus.
Not at all an ideal place to work
Electronic Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2018
The management system is highly flawed. The managers and GM put pressure on staff for sales but they are not commissioned. They keep old products that was never going to be sold and store it in places that could keep new and well selling products. The buying of products is horrible and the idea that you can sell something that no one is willing to buy is reinforced here. The arrangement that if you put products in a new spot and make it look "good" it will boost sales and customers will buy more. This is entirely wrong, it does count that your store is aesthetically pleasing but often times customers will get upset that a product is no longer in its usual spot especially if you're constantly moving things around. Toys R Us I can't imagine continuing on.
Pros
Cons
- Rude managers and general managers
Great Place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 February 2018
Management was great very nice people, learned how to work as a team, great people to work around, hardest part was Christmas Eve but people got me through.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Rude customers
its a good place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 February 2018
its a good place to work i just want something different and new and alot of hours and to try something new for once in my life i would llove to try cash but work up to it thank you
Pros
doesnt matter
Cons
enought hours
Good first job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2018
Great way to get into the workforce.
Good training programs and development courses.
Good PT work for students.
Management needs to revisit HR policies and procedures.
Pros
fun people
Cons
management
Positive
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2018
The company has strong standards, overall procedures and training are good. Well managed, but managers can be difficult to contact during bust periods. Overall nice staff, good employee recognition, and staff events.
Pros
Snacks, friendly staff, promotes within, good management, employee recognition, training
Cons
Difficult to contact managers at times, poor point of sale, upset customers
Great experience
Cashier or on floor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 February 2018
I learned what it takes to have a job and how to organize your life around the job. The management was very well organized and super nice.
Whenever I needed help or I made a mistake they would teach me not to make the same mistake again.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discount
Cons
Short hours
Comfortable
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
Toys R Us was definitely one of the few job that had a very comfortable work environment. Could very be the perfect mixture of proper staff and striaght forword clear assissments for each work staff.
Pros
Great personel
Cons
Two breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K