Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Toysrus
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 May 2018
Easy if your're in high school. Didn't find many oppurtunity to grow with the company, minimum hours, over sheducled. Wouldn't recoomend full time espically for first year
Could have been better with change in managers
Sales and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2018
Asst. Director ruined time there. Unreasonable & always complaining. Hard-working people would get treated unfairly for no reason. Coworkers were nice
Pros
Most coworkers were awesome
Cons
Managers were too high up on their horses
it as okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2018
It was good first time job for a high school student or anyone interested in starting a retail job. Hours were flexible, and pay was acceptable for the required work.
Job isn't the best but it also is a place with good qualities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 May 2018
-I have learned a lot about merchandising and selling items.
- i do a lot of work here and mostly when i work i find myself doing everything.
- selfish management. they aren't considerate.
- workplace is a little bit negative.
- hardest part of job is doing everything by myself.
- i enjoy talking to customers and restocking items.
adorer
préposé aux marchandises (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC11 May 2018
Stage d'un jour super intéressant j'ai appris beaucoup de choses dans une seul journée.
Pros
Ont ma montrer beaucoup de choses dans une meme journée
horaire selon nos besoins
Commis de nuit (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC11 May 2018
Emploi tranquille et agréable. C'était accepté de prendre un congé lorsque indisponible.
Pros
horaires flexibles
Cons
non sécuritaire
Great workplace with fantastic individuals
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2018
While the job is just a basic retail position, the people truly made this job special. After a few short weeks, the interpersonal workplace relationships that developed were second-to-none. Everyone was always kind, professional, energetic and a joy to work with.
A solid company, Shame its going under
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 May 2018
As a long time associate at Toys R Us, it certainly one of the most comfortable positions to start working in retail. With more often than not understandable Management that tries their best to communicate with you and a friendly employee atmosphere. it is a pleasant first pick if you are just getting into the working world.
Fun and intuitive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 May 2018
Working for this company was a fun time, and offered a great opportunity to make multiple friends of all ages. It was also a great chance to develop proficient customer service capabilities, and how to deal with all forms of customers.
Productive nights stocking shelves
warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2018
i would unload, unbox, price products, restock products, and keep them organized and sometimes i would help out guests if my hours were during store time hours
great work environment
Commis de plancher (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC6 May 2018
it was nice working there, great staff, good team work. the management team was very flexible and understanding when it came to schedules and other details related to the job.
Productive and friends workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 May 2018
Toys 'R' Us was a friendly and inviting workplace, management cares about the satisfaction of their workers. All team members were extremely friendly.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Management is the worst I have ever seen
Customer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 April 2018
Shopping at this location and seeing how management treats their employees. From yelling, belittling and swearing under their breath makes me wonder why or how anyone can get away with this. I see the staff running and helping customers and that's their job while management continues to bark and not help assist with the jobs needing to be done. Also if management doesn't like you they do cut your hours to bare minimal. I would love to see a union brought in there. I could almost guarantee these managers would be fired. I'm actually surprised no one has filed a grievance against this company.
Simple workplace
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 April 2018
Working at Toy's R Us gave me a lot of retail experience that I was later able to use to apply to new jobs. The workplace attitude was not the best, that was the only flaw I could find while employed there.
Pros
Straight forward tasks
Cons
Workplace attitude
Was not a pleasant work experience.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 April 2018
Was promised a higher wage to start with but they did not follow up with it. When confronted about it, was shut down immediately. Was promised a promotion if I changed and opened my availability but did not get promoted but was still expected to work the open availability I had provided. Hired workers with a higher wage even though they had less experience. Was not a pleasant work experience at all.
Fun work experience great people
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2018
Great workplace, excellent management, and employes. I was hired for a seasonal position and there was a miscommunication since I was not told they wanted to keep me on and I didn't get a schedule for the next week so I thought I wasn't kept on, so I went on vacation but when I got back other employees were asking me where I was. Turns out I was kept on but I missed multiple shifts so I was let go.
Pros
Great managers
Toys r us
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2018
Working at toys r us had its ups and downs, but overall i think working at toys r us was an alright gig as i was only working seasonal, The staff was okay they were somewhat helpful and informative.
Good, but not great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 April 2018
I was happy going to work, it never got too busy either. The management was always great, I was pleased when they would stand by their employees instead of 'selling you out' in front of customers. I also enjoyed the competitive job advancement opportunities.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Not a lot of shifts
Fun and relaxed
Commis de plancher (saisonnier) (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON21 April 2018
I Was working the night shift basically no clients on floor just had to do my job stack up the shelves etc.. worked there twice and always had a great time.
Fun and exciting place to work at!
Season (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 April 2018
I learned great customer service skills, organizing, and time management skills. I was able to work as both a team player and individually under minimum supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K