Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2018
They are very flexible with everyones schedule and if you need any time off! Breaks are always given and the fellow workers were amazing people too! Great place
Fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2018
Never a dull moment in a typical day; I learned what it is like to handle customers; had no complaints nor negative thoughts about management; very friendly workplace; hard part was most likely dealing with really large waves of customers; i enjoyed making the customers happy
Fun place to work
Merchandiser, Returns Desk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 October 2018
Fun environment, however there is absolutely no chance for advancement, unless someone higher up dies, which is unfortunate. Was told point blank by the DM that.
Its a good place to work
world sales leader (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 September 2018
Its a good place to work for and its has their ups and downs they thought you your opinion and comments if you have suggestions the listen great people as a team is good to work for.
Pros
Your lunch is half hour
Cons
Long hours at Christmas time
Ok workplace with mediocre opporrtunities
Sales and Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 September 2018
Only worked there for one season, hired as a sales associate but only in their program as a cash register person. Being that I was usually on the floor and not on cash, my numbers weren't recorded and come the end of season I was berated. Pretty standard corporation to get a few bucks out of.
Pros
Fun co workers, good customer experience
Cons
Overstaffed, poorly managed
Best team I've ever worked for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
I loved this place, I worked here as my first job and stuck with it for quite some time after. I loved the team and the people I met. I made so many life long friendships here I will never forget.
best place to work
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2018
one of the best jobs a teenager could get
management is great
never had troubles with anyone
hardest part is holiday hours
most friendly people
enjoyed the time i sent working there
Pros
great hours
Great place for beginners
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 September 2018
They will help you from the start, your coworkers are always so supportive and the management too, it was the first place I ever worked and I left only because I was leaving the area, but otherwise, I would have stayed, an amazing environment that caters to all needs.
Pros
Benefits after 6 months, incredible managers and coworkers, team enviroment
Cons
Long hours and closing shift clean ups
fun work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 September 2018
Toys R Us was a very fun environment and the work was very independent as well as you are one on one working with costumers, the people and management are friendly and you will get good hours!
it was okay
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2018
I got some work experience even though at the time juggling work and school tended to be a little difficult but I enjoyed working and the salary was okay based on the number of hours I worked in a week. the easiest part of helping the customers and the hardest part was doing both school and work.
Pros
it was right beside my school
Cons
school and work
Overall review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
Great experience and great atmosphere. Friendly safe and and great management team. Consistent work day to day very simple and easy. Created a great working environment for people and a great part time job
Lovely customers, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 September 2018
Its great when you see the smiles on the kids faces when they are looking through the many different toys that they could possibly be taking home. You may get a few customers that are not very happy to be in your presence but it is not bad. The management staff would not lift a finger for anyone working under them. They would sit in their office complaining about everything done at any given moment. They will put blame on employees that were not working that day and had very bad tempers. A lot of the staff were told that they would be working in a specific section before they were forced to work in almost all of them. Not the greatest place to work at with management, but the rest of the staff and the costumers are fantastic.
Fun workplace and staff a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2018
A typical day at work for me was helping customers, and answering questions about certain toys, stocking and pricing items, and cleaning the aisles. The management was great, they're super nice, super nice coworkers as well, and the environment was great. It's a really good place to work at. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on the customer's faces.

It's not too busy or slow during normal weekdays but it's chaotic in the holiday season.

All in all, I loved working here and definitely recommend applying to work here.
Pros
good hours, friendly staff and management
Cons
rude customers
good work, bad hours
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 August 2018
The managers at Toys R Us are all great as are the rest of the staff. There is little to no micro-managing and an experience i will never forget. I can't recommend working here unless you're looking to make less than four hundred dollars over two weeks of work.
Pros
33% discount on all items
Cons
not enough hours
Wonderful people, very fun workload
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2018
It excited me to hunt down the products that customers were looking for, and to work with the people I did to do so. It could be difficult to have someone cover your shift for you, and so hours could be tough. But the customers buying toys for their kids made it bearable. It was a wonderful environment to be in.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Difficult hours
The usual gig, crummy lunchroom they don't trust their staff blah blah blah
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 August 2018
Its a job. Don't hold your breath. Pep talk in the morning about more sales, but no perks for staff. 10 percent staff discount, big deal, shopped at Walmart instead.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Staff discount 10 percent. Big deal, that doesn't even cover taxes.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 August 2018
Nice people to work with but holiday seasons are horrible, hours are short and there are no benefits. Morale was low likely due to lack of hours and consitency in scheduling.
Pros
discount on toys.
Cons
no hours.
learning place
assitant manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2018
it is good place to work however they just offer part time and i need full time job, it is excellent if yo are student because they give you the shifts which works with your schedule.over all it is good place for beginners. not for experience people
Pros
good place
Cons
no cons
fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 August 2018
its a good place to work if you like babies and kid. its fun and get to try out new toys and great discount on stuff....great place to work and great people
Stressful and exhausting
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON18 August 2018
No work life balance

Lack of resources given to do job properly

Too much to do for one person

Late night shifts next day early morning shifts

Slow growth
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K