Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 723 reviews matching the search See all 12,692 reviews
It's an ok company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2018
There is nothing special about working with this company. Very stereotypical where girls are only cashiers and guys are the people on the floor and warehouse.
fun place to work
Cashier Christmas Season (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB14 August 2018
management was great and the staff made you welcome. enjoyed watching the kids trying out new toys. The job location to my home was great and a easy commute.
Pros
shifts where good.
Cons
was only for a xmas seaon
Great Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 August 2018
fun place to work and help gain experience in the customer service field. Made lots of friends as well. The management team is amazing and will listen to any concerns you may have, but hours are given based on seniority.
Pros
Lovley management
Cons
less hours
ok for a seasonal job
Electronics Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 August 2018
Only worked here for the Christmas season, was ok.
didn't like the fact having to stay extra every time was closing to be sure everything and everywhere in the store was faced and wasn't allowed to leave tell management was happy and pleased with the facing.

otherwise was a fun and exciting opportunity to work here.
Pros
empolyee discounts
Cons
closing
Not enjoyable
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2018
Toysrus barely gave anyone shifts and even over scheduled some days. Very low morale due to the fact that managers played favorites and not splitting up maintenance shifts evenly/ Maybe its a good thing they went out of business. Everyone I know who worked there feels the same.
Cons
the company
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 August 2018
the most enjoyable place
interacted with many customers
learnt how to help and satisfy customers
perfect for working first time abroad
friendly environment
Layed back work
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 August 2018
The store is a very clean organized place to get toys and games for your kids, some of the things get out of place and the consumer dosnt put anything back to there it belongs.
Pros
way to easy
Cons
not enough hours to live off
I loved the place
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 July 2018
my days at work was easy and fun. I learned to be a hard worker from this management. The hardest part was that my shift was really early but i enjoyed meeting the kids and talking to them when they came by.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
slow business
The job was alright.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 July 2018
It was expected that you sell protection plans and meet the daily goal, but even that was not the best. The managers were a little over-bearing as they gave a lot of attitude, but if you ignore it, you should be ok.
Pros
Nice people
fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON23 July 2018
It is a fun a workplace to be. A typical day is just cleaning the store making sure no misplaced items are in the sections and helping customers get their items in a timely manner.

Want to know more about Toys 'R' Us?

Ask a question
Bilingual Clerk/ Cashier/ Floor clerk (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON15 July 2018
Job Security and Advancement: None
Job Culture: Great
Salary/Benefits: Not so great
Management: Not supportive

It`s a great place to work part time, but not full time
Making children smile!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 July 2018
I loved working with parents of all types and levels of experience as well as the wonderful children that visited the store during my short seasonal employment.
Pros
Customers
Cons
High employee turn-over
Fun place to work at
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  690 Evans Avenue5 July 2018
Toys R Us was an amazing place to work at. The manager and other employees were very cooperative and understanding.The working environment at Toys R Us was very comfortable
Truth about Toys R Us
Cashier, Greet (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 July 2018
Working at Toys R Us taught me a lot about customer service and patience when dealing with certain customers. The days would run extremely long because the staff was unable to leave until the store was clean, and working in a store as big as the location I was at meant id be there for many hours past what I was scheduled for. Management was a mess!!! Managers were coming and going and fighting with each other and leaving half way through their shifts. The best part about the job was the friends I made.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Management, Long Hours
Loved working with childern
Promotional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2018
I had a blast working & learning all about Lego! I was the representative at the store for Lego, organizing shelves and helping costumers find exactly
Pros
All the smiles from childern from me in my elf hat
Cons
short breaks -15 mins
Productive, fun workplace
Cashier Customer Service (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2018
A typical day at work would be assisting customers by the cash to check out their items. I learned a lot of communication skills and how to work with a team but also independently.
Busy yet easy going environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 June 2018
Even though everyone had their own tasks no one hesitated to help each other get through long and tiring work day. Everyone worked together well to clean up each aisle at the end of every night before closing up.
Productive and fun workplace.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 June 2018
A typical day at work is based on company flow time. Also work involves team work between employees and supervisor moving/packaging company items or unloading/outbound. What i learned was that although their is a glass ceiling within the company. the workplace diversity makes it worthwhile. The hardest part about the job is when systems shut down which reduces the flow of work and stressful. Finally the most enjoyable part of the job is training employees for development and growth .
Pros
Good sales for employees
Cons
break time is too short
Great environment, very nice management
Cashier Customer Service (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2018
I very much enjoyed working there due to the fact that I learned very quickly and was supported by my management and my co workers. I loved everything about it and it had very flexible hours. I learned a lot about teamwork as well as how to work independently. Overall it was a excellent job.
Great first real job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 June 2018
Working at toys r us has its ups and downs. When I first started I got such a warm welcome and I have built relationships with so many great people there. Day to day tasks include: stocking shelves, customer service and occasional cleaning, but it also depends on which department you are in as there are a couple. As for the management I would say it was pretty good overall but there were a couple managers that should learn how to talk to people better and have a nicer attitude when it comes to their employees as it might benefit them in the future and staff members might stay around longer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K