Toyota Employee Reviews

Excellent Job Security
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Toyota because of the atmosphere and management. They are supportive of personal life issues as well, there are numerous links to assist in helping.
Stressful
Production Engineer Specialist (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 November 2017
The salary is good with a lot of overtime work if you want.
But sometimes you have to work late as company culture.
A lot of field work required with physical endurance.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too much time spent at work
Its ok
Parts Advisor & Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 November 2017
Very long and repetitive days. No room for advancement. Very profit oriented as all dealerships are independent. Doesn't take much qualifications as turnover is huge.
Pros
work with cars all day
Cons
long hours, little pay
Physically Demanding
Welder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 November 2017
A typical day of work here contains that of hours seeming longer than they are due to constant monotonous labour of building car parts over and over again every 40 seconds.
Pros
Good Starting wage for a young graduate
Cons
physically demanding
Fun and exciting
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region8 October 2017
Sales and marketing in this company has thought us how to initiate our potentials to communicate and negotiate with different kind of people. Works free time from 8am and we can go home anytime since we are required to come back with our outside work reports.
Pros
travels and free transports
Cons
we are set to give quota every month which is a bit stressful.
Nice friendly atmosphere
Support Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 October 2017
I am a contractor at Toyota, so I can't properly advise on Toyota company itself. However people are friendly and the plant is quite clean and organized.
Well paying
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 September 2017
This job pays well and provides a safe work enivonrment.
However I do not believe the standards are met, and applied equally.
Also the shift work is very hard for me,
Productive , good quality,fun to much activities like family day sportfest swimming bowling etc.
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Rosa, MB18 September 2017
Hardwork but happy, you learned to much to much training , pair to everyone, workplace is very organized because you tacktime , no idle of work, follow the rules and regulation safe working place, recieve bonus and raise.
Pros
Free lunch, free transfortation
Cons
Long hours, more overtime
Contract-short term through Agency
ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 September 2017
I appreciate that I gained experience of Toyota, I learned more on electronic accounting system such as cheque signor, approving journals through online system and many more.
Pros
temporary assignment
Cons
It's an amazing working environment
horrible employer
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 September 2017
there great until you get injured, then they want you dead, Toyota is an aweful place to work, they dont care about there employees, its all about cars and output, your just a number
Pros
Cons
management, long hours, shifts
ToyotaTown
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2017
Not a great place to work. No union. They randomly fire people. Most positions full time. Pay not great. Too much desparity between employees and managers. You probably should avoid this job.
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 September 2017
Must be a hard worker to work here, it is a good place to work. Must be willing to work rotating shifts. The job isnt always easy but it is good pay for the work that you do
Not worth it
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 August 2017
I really disliked my time at Toyota. Might just not be the type of work for me. shifts were awkward times and it was hard on the body and long days. All work no play.
auto worker
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  cambridge15 August 2017
I love Toyota for their diverse work place, and its loyalty to it employees. I have the utmost respect for this company and its values. would highly recommend.
productive
Administrative Assistant to Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2017
Received client request mail/faxes via the FacSys system and forwarded them to agents using Vista.
Reviewed and forwarded response and compliance letters maintaining data in Excel and Access.
Received Incoming cheques, prepared cheque requisition forms and mailed goodwill cheques to clients.
Scanned, saved and uploaded incoming postal mail and priority cases in Vista to agents.
Portugal is a whole world away
Machinist Technician (Former Employee) –  Distrito de Lisboa10 August 2017
For Portugal, the wages earned monthly at Toyota were the best. Still, in comparison to Canada, it's kind of like slave wages. Work long hours, sometimes crazy shifts and all they pay is between 750 euros and 900 euros per month.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
The monthly wage
Quick and reliable
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 August 2017
Toyota is a faced pace company, with the main focus being well built cars at the quickest time possible in order to meet the needs of the customer. Provides good pay, long term pension and benefits and learning opportunities.
Always a new technology and products
Technical translator, project based contract (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 August 2017
World leading technology and products are there for everyone to see and use. A big help from Japanese coordinators for new skill and technique. Straight answers from them always.
Pros
Passion.
Cons
Members are too independent
Singles need only apply
Full time Team Member (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, WV21 July 2017
Working at an assembly plant, especially during the night shift is HARD on families, divorce and infidelity is common. If you are single this is not an issue, however, for those with families, you have been warned.
Pros
Easy money for little education
Cons
Poor work life balance
Meh
Production (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 July 2017
On the plus side, from day one you will know exactly what you'll be doing in 30 years. On the down side, from day one you will know exactly what you'll be doing in 30 years, if you make it that long that is. Hours can be long, jobs are repetitive and your body is not pleased with the work. Must be able to sleep soundly during the day. Depending on what career background you are coming from it might be a walk in the park. It's not for everyone.