Toyota

Toyota Employee Reviews

Canada342 reviews
Great team members but difficult hours.
The work at toyota is difficult work but for those who are hard workers; it is very manageable. The most difficult thing at Toyota was the rotating shift schedule which ultimately was my reason for wanting to leave. They treat their employees well and pay them fairly. My body was unable to handle to shift change in a positive manner; therefor I knew I would have to seek something else for long term happiness. I loved all of my colleagues and maintain relationships with them as well. Overall a great learning experience.
work culture needs to be improved for contract workers.
when i got the job at Toyota i was the happiest person ever. after 3years of being on contract i harshly found out the dissconect between contract and fulltime. although the wage was good and benifits ok . the work enviroment was very stressful. alot of jokes about my age and my appearance. group leaders brought down alot of stress to contract workers. threats about walking you out for little things. i was very dissapointed to lose my job at Toyota i had a lot of faith in the company as a whole. it seams the management was just to brutal to survive there.
Fast paced and competitive
The work was excellent; felt difficult in dealing with some return lease processes. Understanding the need for better care of vehicles when returning leased cars
productive
god management, first preference always employees safety,appreciate good workers, work in production line is hard, i like to work in body shop and doc stations.
different direction
The people you work with on the floor are great.
There is favoritism but what workplace doesn't.

You can be let go with no reason other than the company is going in a different direction.

Their communication skills need work.
Competitive workplace
The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving our goals each month and being on top over other competitor. A typical day at work is planning for the team and attending catering needs of customers.
Pros
Free travels
Cons
Productive and collaborative working environment
Toyota Canada Inc.(TCI) is a good company and has nice working culture, productive and collaborative environment. TCI also helps both permanent and contract employees in their professional career, provides lots of training and supporting.
It was nice friendly atmosphere with lots of parties
It is sales job, need very good customer service to qualify a customer. Daily work start with customer list and called according to urgency and put all the work in dealer socket for future. Most enjoyable part of this job is to know different kinds of people to meet.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
There is no time limit of work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toyota?
Not worth it
Give it a try, after more then 5 years I was ready to quit & I did. Just not worth it, until they get rid of how it takes 10 years to reach top rate for new people when others got it in like 2 doing same work then give this a try. Or if there is nothing else and you want to start jumping through their hoops for a job..
Toyota
Feltnlike I was in a chain gang just a number...they did offer good pay and benefits but also felt like it was just a bunch of kids in there not a bad place just different kinda like high school
They will keep you on contract for years
Very very misogynistic in my experience. The full times are allowed to bully the new guys and harass the women. People too afraid to speak up. Worker's representative was a joke. Guys puking in garbage pails becausr they are forced to come to work sick. Maybe OK for men
Fun place to work
A lot of work to complete, but there is time to complete it. Fast paced. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. A great atmosphere to work in. The hours were really bad
Great place to work great company great management very helpful and friendly coworkers very busy have to be very customer oriented expect to be busy as it is a busy place
Fun workplace
Good workplace, people are very friendly and helpful, Good work culture and well organised. Management gives you clear goals to fulfill and does not micro manage to get it done.
Not a bad place for summer students
Most of the people hate it there but can’t leave because the pay is really good the shift swing is not manageable when it’s 10 hour nights 5:45-4:15am but pay is good so it’s not bad
Not worth the time of going for the interview.
The Senior Management Team need to school their Managers , in how to deal with staff, in a constructive way, to encourage internal growth and external self confidence.

Review the workload, to distribute the volume.

Have contractors do the work, but not provide them full-time positions and then release them after their 2 years is up.

For the number 1 car company in the North American market very shameful of how the contractors are treated.
Pros
The genreal staff are great.
Cons
Management needs to be educated on people skills.
New experiences and long lasting impressions
It was a fun job going to different locations and events. Over the time the events starting to spread out so there wasn't as much consistent work. However the quality of service provided by Toyota was great and as well as the interaction between us and the consumers was positive and generally left them with a great impression of what Toyota has to offer.
it's a circus running by clowns
Takes 10 years to get to top wage, 3+ years to actually be hired on and until then can fire you for almost no reason. Management expects you to run all day long on jobs that you are expected to do that need more than 1 person to actually reach tac time. it sucks
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Collaborative team work, more fun working with team
I was a labour part time worker in Toyota Manufacturing Plant Cambridge and I really enjoy working there. Its my favourite place after school. No stress from my managers they were very friendly and helpful. Work environment was diversified with different culture and people from different countries. Team get together and gifts for safe work place ( headphones, pizza etc) was extra bonus.
Its okay
Dont expect to move up in this company unless you make them tons of money selling cars, it's a good job for students and has an easy life work balance/ flexible schedule
Productive work, Automotive |Field
Great Place to work, fast paced, would not mind getting a job there again. I learned a great deal of skills related to the automotive industry. Was involved in hands on work on daily basis.